Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

At Dinner With an Undercover Narcotics Detective

dexter_stayne

Bluelighter
Tonight, I had the time of my life. I sat down and had dinner with a wonderful family. Mother and father happily married with a beautiful daughter. Mother is a part-time receptionist and father is Assistant Detective for a Narcotics division in a Sydney suburb.

After reading the thread about "Is it safe to deal?", I decided to raise the questions that we all want to ask everytime we sell a spare to a shifty looking character in the corner of a club.

He told me stories of his undercover days at rave parties in Homebush, where he would ask the odd person if they have "any extras they wanted to get rid of". Casually, he would try to ascertain how many this guy was carrying. If it was a sole pill or a few, possession convictions for that quantity is fairly light, so he would move on, complaining that the price was too high, or the pill was an unheard 'brand'.

Basically cops aren't stupid. Every cop knows that at the start of the night, every little raver has a little plastic satty containing their goods for the night. Confiscating 2 or 3 pills of every candy chopper wont do anything to the trade. Its the big guys, the one's we've all seen in the toilets or out in the outside areas with bags of the stuff, being so blatant, you feel like slapping them, that the cops are after.
Dispel the common urban myth that undercovers need to spell out the word "ecstasy" in order to make an arrest legal. Basically they can do what they want.

He also told me of a colleague of his that dealt with a fairly big dealer for 2 years. This is in Australia by the way. 2 years buying a fair amount of pills weekly, just in order to listen for hints dropped about guys further up the ladder. After 2 years, the undercover (who was by the way, only 22), put in a hefty order, and during the transaction, nabbed both players.

He also dropped stories of undercovers being best friends with the families of the dealers, gaining trust, and planting surveillance in their houses while they were out.

I fall under the misconception that slang and a sneaky deal in the pockets will fool cops. Let's face it, they aren't stupid at all. Taking, buying, selling and solicitating drugs is illegal and dangerous.
Don't fall under the pretense that no-ones watching. It's all too easy to get comfortable. On the other hand - i hate paranoid schizo's. Ha Ha
What an ending.

Excelent post! I've often used the argument that people who think they can spot an undercover are either stupid, have been watching too many movies, or both. The guy standing in the corner in the jeans and sensible shirt isn't a cop - he's just different. And heaven forbid someone go to a party and look different. ;)

I would have to agree. I have made concious decisions NOT to associate with certain people in the club / rave scene. Quite simply i have absolutely no need to be with those people, no need for their services.

But it does amaze me that the amount of times how easy it could be to get an invite to someones house, or been invited to someone who would have a substantial level of involvment. I dont think its extraordiarily hard to ''work'' your way up the food chain.

But it makes you think twice when you hear someone compain about the price and the type of pill doesnt it?

Interesting read, dexter_stayne.

Papermate: how true! I've ended up at all sorts of dodgies' houses, who only met me on the night through someone they vaguely know. There are many ways to keep the party going and some of these people are quite good at that. All a cop would need to do is score an invite to suss them out. Or sometimes just turn up. Everybody will think they are with someone else.

what about taking drugs? I think if the random someone brought to your after party is working hard not to drool over himself you'd be pretty right to suspect he's not a cop, well at least not an on duty one :D

I wouldn't count on it, always better to be safe - either ONLY invite trusted friends home, or keep all your shit hidden. Besides, if you're hosting a recovery where you/guests will be consuming drugs, there's probably no need to have every drug you've got spread out like a smorgasbord.

Taking the scenario further, what if the undercover who's *fucked* at your place and can hardly speak they're peaking so hard then busts you a week later at a club because you've spotted them a pill while they ARE on duty and looking to make some collars...? You can't really get out of it by saying you've seen that guy take pills before.

BigTrancer :)

Pleonastic said:
The guy standing in the corner in the jeans and sensible shirt isn't a cop - he's just different.

Not always. What better way to hide the actual active undercovers by providing 'obvious' 'undercovers' that make you feel safe in knowing where the undercovers are so you let your guard down when they aren't there.

It's a whole lot easier to blind someone than hide from them.

I know someone who was asked to sell 10 pills to a dodgey looking guy at a now defunct melbourne club.
He went in to the toilets to make the transaction, and for some reason was a little spooked, so he told the guy to eat one now for free. The guy came up with some BS excuse about how he didnt want any now (after saying he really wanted to gob some pills beforehand), and my mate told him to get fucked and said he only had a few on him anyway, and didnt want to sell them (which was sort of true, the rest were in the car)

I don't know how well this works though, I'd say some cops would be willing to eat a pill if it meant a bust.

^^^^^
LOL! And then half an hour later they'd give you a hug and let you off with a warning... ;)

Who knows? I sold 2 pills (this was a one off - as a spare!!!) to this shifty looking guy at a club.. and stupid off-chops me gave him my phone number. The next day I get a call from him asking me if I can hook him up with the same pills... only 100 of them!!

He obviously knew that I myself didn't have that number so he asked to be introduced to my dealer....

How fucking transparent. I hung up and never picked up a call from him again.

bullshit

fucken stupid. don't ask too many many questions matey!

anyway from experience the cops have always got the best pills.

greedy and underpaid bastards........:)

Mmmm.. Something to think about. I would have to say one of the most exciting things, and the major reason that i have an involvment in drugs is because of the scene and the lifestlye.

I love the fact that you can randomly meet people and in such a short space of time meet so many people that you get along with. Granted the next day may not be so nice, but i would have to say that over the last couple of years i have developed freindships with people that i dont think i would have met otherwise.

Although this advice is not brand new news to me, i am aware of all the risk associated with drugs and the scene. However maybe those poeple out there that have...non-assertive personalities should just be aware of the people they meet.

talk about paranoid....8(

Personally, once i was offered the opportunity for a new dealer. Great prices and good quality. I have and dont have any need for these sort of people. The crew were running a bunch of well know clubs in Sydney. Everytime i met him, i took his number but erased it straight out of my phone when he left - I'm not kidding you, but i saw him as a matter of coincidence in a club in London. Its almost as if he is following me...Its crazy.

There's a common misconception that cops are stupid. Remember the police have had a lot more experience with being undercover than you've had trying to spot them.

*waves to the police*

We know your not stupid, but if I keep trying one day one of you will wave back ;)