Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Really, what happened to social?

-Thoth

Bluelight Crew
I stumbled upon a sobering realisation today. This Place Sucks. Wait, no... That is somewhat unfair, a more appropriate less and inflammatory description would be: This Place Sucks in my subjective definition as dictated by the cyclic progression of social norms and cliques that inhabit the shifting environment that is Aus social. This dawned on me rather inauspiciously as I checked the forum today as I do every other day, being the sad fucker I am, when I realised that I relate to precisely none of the threads currently on display. When did this happen? HOW did this happen? Did I fail to keepeth it real? Did all you people change? Was I overdue in succumbing to BL cynicism? Am I right in saying this place was a good 30 IQ points above current discussion as recent as 1 year ago? Did I become some elitist wanker bitch, the most recent in a long line to post a denigrating and pointless thread airing my jaded (hate that word) and wannabe cool opinion to a bunch who now don't even really know me? Like, what the fuck?

Or, is social like, just boring and vacuous right now? Please, discuss.

I'm probably too tired to do this justice but it's probably a mix of it being boring and vacuous and you being a cynical jaded fuck ;) =D ;)

But seriously, if you relate to 0% of the threads why not create a thread that would generate the kind of discussion you're after?

It's easy to say this place sucks and forget that we all work together to make this forum what it is. If you don't like it, help make it better - ignore the boring threads and start conversation in ones you think you can turn into intelligent discussion.

It's not so much different than it was a year ago - different posters, same sorts of threads (easy to forget that when it's no longer your own clique monopolizing the forum - something I think we all forget from time to time).

We've all changed and we've all grown and at the end of the day each of us views this forum through different eyes than we did say a year ago, do you look at other aspects of your life and expect them to be exactly the same even though you've grown as a person?

So to you perhaps this place sucks but to somebody who is where you were a year ago this place is fantastic.

What's interesting to one is not necessarily interesting to another and at the end of the day this is social. It's not Life, it's not SLR, not CE&P nor T&A; although those sorts of discussions are more than welcome here. There has always been boring/silly/crap/whatever you want to put here type threads in social and there always will be.

It's also cyclic, i had six months where I just didn't bother posting because nothing interested me but it soon cycles round back again.

*sigh* This place doesn't change that much, we do.

Hey, I LIKE my Burgo's Catch Phrase thread. It's hard hitting.

You're just a bully.

:)

(are you coming to visit the baby?)

Last edited:
:)
15.gif

Let it all out thoth, cleanse yourself of the anger that bubbles away, deep in the cesspool of your soul.
Feel the tension rise like a pheonix, and bare itself for all to see, as it flies away, free, for evermore.

:p=D

d00d! You're ruining the cycle - these people haven't had their meetup yet! ;)

Heh this happens every 6 months or so, I've stopped whinging about this place.

There have been so many goddamn cycles of people going in and out of this place it's not funny, why do I stay around? Not really sure to tell you the truth, maybe it's because of habit of looking here every day, or every second day, but in a couple of months that won't be happening all that much anymore, or well at least I don't think it will.

Also a lot of the older posters who made the effort to make thoughtful posts have now been and gone, and the rest of us are either too lazy, or just don't give a fuck anymore. I don't mean to sound like a jaded fuck, but perhaps the saying been there, done that kinda applies here to caring about aus social.

Besides if I want intelligent thought out posts, then I'll make them myself, making an effort yourself in making this forum a better place starts with you. :)

lol @ Pleo - that theory is so true :D

I don't post at the same rate as I did when I first joined bluelight for a number of reasons, not because Social has changed and it was better 6 or 12 months ago - but more because of the actual "cycle" that Social does go through. Basically its a case of seen it all before and couldn't be bothered posting again. I think we all go through this - there is only so much subject matter that you can post about before things become repititive, or on the other side of the coin, stupid in order to be different.

Bluelight is novelty when you first join and there is so much to discover and learn - its all new and interesting. I'm at a stage now, that I just look at threads that interest me, thats basically one thread for me these days hehe.

Social is no better or worse than it was when it was first opened in order to shut Tarsy up hehe. Social hasn't changed, but you have ;)

*pines for oLd-SkOoL community zero BB's*

SOLUTION: eat more drugs. use the other (HM related) forums!
youre a member of plenty of private boards, so post on them bitch!

Pleonastic said:
d00d! You're ruining the cycle - these people haven't had their meetup yet! ;)

There is so much truth right there.

Now, BL is a case of been there, done that, and met many people.

Fuck me, I'm jaded. Maybe even old school.

I'm going back to work.......8o

well, now, i am going to be antisocial and say.....

if you dont like it.... FUCK OFF!!!

Haha lol Pleonastic got it in one:D And Haste hit it on the head also:D There used to be a lot more meetups awhile back!!
The ol bluelighters just get 33% more jaded!!;) :p =D

We have all changed etc etc etc blah blah blah

HOWEVER

i have noticed aswell... the quality has diminished... where has all the DISCUSSION, not just random chit chatter gone? Wheres the intelligent and opinionated threads??

Saying that, i dont have the time to bother reading them anymore thesedays... so the occasional bullshit thread is a bit of fun. ;)

Taliana said:
i have noticed aswell... the quality has diminished... where has all the DISCUSSION, not just random chit chatter gone? Wheres the intelligent and opinionated threads??
consider starting one yourself :p

fuck the whole social cycle issue, huge props to pleo for the call (as far as i have seen) of the year to date!

bravo old man!

haste said:

Social is no better or worse than it was when it was first opened in order to shut Tarsy up hehe.

And did it shut me up? No! For two years it wouldn't let me shut up 'cos I had to keep telling other people over and over to STFU...

And it was hella fun :)

I do think it has changed, but I'm sposed to say that, it was my baby and now it's been left in the care of others... Of course it's going to change... As the people change, so will the content...

But yes Thothster, you are a jaded elitist fucker just like the rest of us :p

Did I become some elitist wanker bitch, the most recent in a long line

cmon you should know how long the line is.. very, very long. incredibly long. not always elitist, not always wankers, but always bitches!

Think about it this way:

Things to do with...
Current events & politics
Sex, love & relationships
Meetups, parties
Music
Legal Questions
Drug Discussion... belong elsewhere. Thus, IMHO very little constructive conversation will ever come of this forum :)

it has changed and i will second what Tarsy has said...

things change as time goes on...people come people go. most of the people who were around in here when i started reading aus soc arent here now...

but seriouslly when i read threads now in aus soc i dont even really open them anymore...alot of the thread titles seem to of mysteriouslly made there merry way over from the 'lounge'...eg the roll ups thread...not knocking some of the threads. but there are a few threads in here that are also in the 'lounge' that people have obviously read in there and gone...why the fuck not...lets make one in here to... ...sighs, rolls eyes... 8)

where are all the decent disscussion threads...and WHY when one gets started it gets full of stupid idiotic replyies,people making jokes out of peoples threads...and people feel the need to post sensless stuff and drag the thread down.

aus soc use to be a good place for discussion...now its just another lounge 8) it would have to b the forum i open least now...

...im not having a go at the mods or anyone in particular...the mods do a good job for the size of the forum they have...but i remember when it use to be ruled with a bit more of an iron fist and was actually a good place to read...bring back the iron fist!!! nough said :|

kel...you're a cool chicken, but I have to disagree...

I don't think more of an iron fist is called for. I think Kits is right...instead of people bitching about how it ain't what it used to be and "*boo hoo* poor me, I don't have any threads I can relate to anymore", why don't y'all start some yourselves?

Seriously, is Aus Social SO SHALLOW that you can't relate remotely to anything anyone says here?

...And is it possible that the reason none of the old skool kids post anything no more is because they have moved on, and either

*they don't actually *have* anything to contribute, or

*they're not part of the dominant clique anymore and they're scared they'll post a thread which will die?

Basically kids, it's up to us to keep this forum alive. If you don't like how that's being done at the moment then I think the onus is on you to try and make a change which is somewhat more constructive than "I think you all suck."

--Raz--