• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Incredible Opiate-like Rush Feelings from other Drugs

Druidus

Bluelighter
When I drink alcohol and/or take benzodiazepines, smoke pot, and then meditate, I reach this state of amazingness, of sheer ecstasy. It feels a hell of a lot like an opiate rush.

Sometimes I don't even have to meditate to achieve the feelings, they can come on by themselves occasionally. But when I meditate and work on them, I can eventually extend and enhance them to the point of feeling far better than, for instance, orgasm, while lasting minutes for each one (often they meld into each other with peaks and troughs). It's literally an overwhelming body encompassing rush of pleasure and euphoria. If I let myself go to much, it passes fast, almost as if my brain realizes its in an abnormal state quicker and fixes it. But if I focus carefully on producing this state and then hold the right mindset as it happens, it lasts longer.

Anyone else get this?

Come to think of it, I've experienced this completely sober, too. But the combination of alcohol/cannabis + meditation is what reliably produces the state. Is my use of these drugs with meditation allowing me to experience more of the pleasures that meditation brings quicker than a sober person?

Have you ever used a psychedelic before? In a visionary state you've really gotta focus and mold the experience, and as sub you learn to do the same with other drugs. Even focusing on taking a drag off a cigarette can give you that rush if you've been drinking or on opioids.

I used to always say to everyone drinking, im drunk to i took a few vicodins, back in the day....

I used to feel like taking an opiate was like drinking an entire 6 pack in one small pill.

Yeah, I've used psychedelics, and the feeling is kind of like psychedelic euphoria too, but not quite (much like it not quite being like an opiate either). I'm not talking about minor rushing though; this stuff I feel is overpowering. If it happened while I was driving or doing anything requiring focus outside the body, I'd be in danger, because for about a second, at least( when not meditating), I cannot control my body and am locked into a euphoric pleasure state.

Good glass provides a more powerful, orgasmic rush than any opioid.

Drugs such as Cocaine, Cannabis, Nicotine, Alcohol, and even Caffeine have been linked to the mu opiate receptor. What you're proposing sounds perfectly plausible. Meditation is known to create euphoria under some instances.

Nope, glass isn't shit compared to the combo of IV oxycodone and IV fent while on a hydromorphone drip, all while coming out of general anesthesia

The effects you're feeling probably come from dopamine release in the NAcc. It's well known that focused activity (metidation, hobbies, sports, sex) where you feel "on top of it"/"in the zone" can feel rather rewarding.

Methamphetamine and amphetamines producing a rush is due to their rather nonspecific action as powerful dopamine releasers. Also included: MDMA & other amphetamine-like dopamine releasers, psychedelics (5-ht2a agonism potentiates dopamine release), opioids (mu opioid agonism causes dopamine release), GABAergics (disinhibit dopamine release), alcohol and inhalants (nonspecific dopamine release from ion channel fuckery), cannabinoids (I think CB1 agonism increases dopamine release too... someone check me on this)

DARI (reuptake inhibitor) drugs, or low doses of release agents, plus concentrated focused activity will feel more rewarding than focused activity alone, I would wager. But that's not an excuse to "only meditate when stoned".

"Rushes" can also come from lowered blood pressure plus changes in stance. These are probably more typical with opioids, mdma, and cannabius over the stronger stimulants.

I love your posts Sekio. I just had to let you know how much I appreciate your posts.

Sek- Lol thank you for that you remind me of sheraden on big bang theory right now :)

Methamphetamine alters the release of neurotransmitters in the brain. It affects the PRP by changing the level of dopamine present in the synapse. Methamphetamine is chemically similar to dopamine and norepinephrine and readily crosses the BBB. It produces its effects by causing dopamine and norepinephrine to be released into the synapse in several areas of the brain. Methamphetamine enters nerve terminals by passing directly through nerve cell membranes. It is also carried into the nerve terminals by transporter molecules that normally carry dopamine or norepinephrine from the synapse back into the nerve terminal. Once in the nerve terminal, meth enters dopamine and norepinephrine containing vesicles and causes a flood of these neurotransmitters.

Additionally, meth blocks the breakdown of excess dopamine and norepinephrine, which results in an excess of the neurotransmitters.

The high concentration of dopamine within the PRP elicits feelings of pleasure and euphoria which are generally more intense than seen with most other drugs.

Nice.

You are saying it has MAOI activity? I thought so, along with Amphetamine and MDMA.

And more intense?

The effects you're feeling probably come from dopamine release in the NAcc. It's well known that focused activity (metidation, hobbies, sports, sex) where you feel "on top of it"/"in the zone" can feel rather rewarding.

Methamphetamine and amphetamines producing a rush is due to their rather nonspecific action as powerful dopamine releasers. Also included: MDMA & other amphetamine-like dopamine releasers, psychedelics (5-ht2a agonism potentiates dopamine release), opioids (mu opioid agonism causes dopamine release), GABAergics (disinhibit dopamine release), alcohol and inhalants (nonspecific dopamine release from ion channel fuckery), cannabinoids (I think CB1 agonism increases dopamine release too... someone check me on this)

DARI (reuptake inhibitor) drugs, or low doses of release agents, plus concentrated focused activity will feel more rewarding than focused activity alone, I would wager. But that's not an excuse to "only meditate when stoned".

"Rushes" can also come from lowered blood pressure plus changes in stance. These are probably more typical with opioids, mdma, and cannabius over the stronger stimulants.

Excellent post, Sekio.

Nice.

You are saying it has MAOI activity? I thought so, along with Amphetamine and MDMA.

And more intense?

Meth blocks the breakdown of dopamine and norepinephrine by blunting the effects of MAO, which is an enzyme capable of cleaving monoamines such as dopamine and norepinephrine.

EDIT: Meth is also capable of increasing dopamine levels in the CNS by as much as 2,600%!!

Last edited: