• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Help!!!!

savvy1203

Greenlighter
If someone who has hep c uses a needle to injects something and only cleans it with water and then sucks up more in the syringe and someone transfers it to another syringe and uses it can they get hep c? what if it was cleaned with bleach? my bf wouldnt stop and listen to me and shot up before i could find an answer I dont want to risk catching it from him.

DO NOT PROCEED, Do NOT inject it.

How very rude of your boyfriend to be so careless enough to almost give you hepatitis. Jesus Christ. Thank god you came to us before mistakingly doing it..

after she used it she went to my sink and ran my water sucked up some and pushed it out 2x. which i know that in order to "clean" it you have to use str8 bleach and then rinse with water. that is why i am like flipping out bc she only used water.

Use some hydrogen peroxide to clean that, and to avoid this entirely get two separate needles and syringes and label them for safe use.

Studies have shown that even full strength bleach may not kill hepatitis C. His risk would be reduced if the syringe was thoroughly cleaned with bleach but not eliminated. If he has not already injected it tell him to absolutely not do it.

nooooo he shot it up i told him not to he i wont boot anything with out a clean rig, cooker, and i rarely use cotton. but the girl who has hep c gave him the shot used her rig, washed it with water and sucked up more product decided she didnt want it and pushed it into his rig and he shot it. i dont wanna catch it from him and i want to know if he needs to get tested

Yes if he is sharing needles he should definitely get tested. But remember that, while in most infected people, the antibodies will show up in the blood within 6 weeks to 3 months, it can take up to 6 months for HEP C to show up in a blood test.

EDIT: So are you saying that the syringe was only rinsed with water before your boyfriend used it, not even bleach?

Last edited:
Use some hydrogen peroxide to clean that, and to avoid this entirely get two separate needles and syringes and label them for safe use.

PLEASE do not follow this advice, no offense man at all, but maybe don't give advice about IV complications unless you have experience.

@OP Please have them tested and seek medical attention he may require special treatment, sharing needles is horrible and should never done under ANY circumstances, even if needles are "cleaned".

This is absolutely the kind of horrible thing that could have been prevented.

he didnt use her syringe to inject it. she sucked it up in hers and decided to let him have it so he shot it out of her syringe into his and injected with his. she only washed hers out with water before sucking up the product she gave him

he didnt use her syringe to inject it. she sucked it up in hers and decided to let him have it so he shot it out of her syringe into his and injected with his. she only washed hers out with water before sucking up the product she gave him

Oh I see. So no bleach was used at all, she just did a quick water rinse, sucked up the liquid from her spoon into her syringe, then he shot it into his syringe and injected it? That's really not any safer than if he had used her syringe. If there was any virus in her syringe it would have just been transferred to his when he shot the liquid into his syringe. A water rinse is better than doing absolutely nothing, but does NOT make it safe. Even sharing a spoon with someone who has HEP C is not safe. Please tell him to get tested and to never do anything like this again. And remember like I said, that if someone has contracted HEP C it may not show up in the test for 6 wks to 6 months, so he will need to get tested multiple times until 6 months has gone by. Do not share any syringes or other equipment with him.

^ Also, they'll have to use condoms right? or am I confused, it's VERY late and I'm half asleep. swimmingdancer can clarify <3 I love her for this reason, she's an awesome source of information she will take care of you guys. <3

Aw, thanks tricomb <3

Yes I would advise using condoms. It's unclear but thought that HEP C can sometimes be transmitted by bodily fluids (not counting blood, blood can definitely transmit it). I can do some research on the exact risks. The other thing is how can you know that this person only has HEP C? After using drugs that have come from someone else's syringe, one should get tested for all diseases that can be transmitted this way and take precautions to avoid infecting anyone else in case they have contracted something.

EDIT: Here's a good site which outlines the risks for transmission of hepatitis: http://www.epidemic.org/theFacts/hepatitisC/transmission.php

Last edited:
i got tested just before i got with him for everything and was fine i hadn't used "iv' injecting and he had just started doing it like a week or so before. I dont ever use anything someone else has or even might have and I always use a clean rig. and never use it more than once. i dont understand how he became so stupid and careless lately. sigh

I was thinking more like blood, semen. DO NOT SHARE STRAWS , especially if you guys ever snort drugs using the same rolled up bill or straw, that's a way to spread Hep C.

I would avoid basically all contact, I am unsure whether hep C is contractible via saliva.

Yes, do not share straws.

Hepatitis C is believed to be transmitted mainly by blood, but it can be an extremely tiny amount of blood and can be indirect, like a used razor or toothbrush, a straw used for snorting, etc. Hepatitis C far more transmissible than most other blood borne viruses. Please see the link I posted above for more info.

There have been no known cases cases of transmission from saliva but if the person had even a tiny cut in their mouth then that could introduce blood. There have been cases from sexual contact.

what type of bodily fluids? like if they drank off my straw??

no not for snorting a drinking like out of a glass.

I would not start panicking if you shared a drinking straw with him, but as I said above you can't know whether this woman had any other diseases, so if you want to be absolutely safe you may have to seriously limit your contact with your boyfriend unfortunately.

Here's another link on whether or not HEP C can be transmitted by saliva and what you can do to reduce your risk: http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/archives/2007/03/can_saliva_tran.html