• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Help!!!!

I have done just about everything I possibly can.. If i leave him I know what is going to happen he will dive 100 times deeper into this rabbit hole he is crawling into.. its escalated to the point where he has put his hands on me bc i was going to empty a syringe.. he will use more and probably kill himself by doing so.. I've tried everything else that I could think of... except the intervention... :/ sigh idk what to do anymore

I'm sorry, that must be awful for you. I don't know what the answer is other than that it is not your responsibility - you should not feel responsible for helping him quit or feel like you have to stay with him because you are afraid of what he will do if you leave. You have to do what's best for you first and foremost. You can't make someone change. He has to want to for himself. I have no idea whether an intervention would be a good idea, only you can decide, since you know him and his family and situation. There probably is no "right" answer, you can't predict the future. But please take care of yourself <3

I have been in a serious relationship with a drug addict when I was not using drugs, and I have been a drug addict myself in a serious relationship with a (different) person who did not use drugs, so I have a lot of empathy for both sides. I have since quit heroin (a few years ago), and I can say my current partner has played a huge role in helping me just by loving me unconditionally, not judging me, and making me feel like I could be totally honest with him. But what helped for me may not help for your boyfriend if he isn't ready, and if the relationship is unhealthy for you then you need to put yourself first. When the tables were turned and I was in a relationship with an addict, even though I loved him a lot, I wasn't able to support him unconditionally and accept him the way he was because it was just too damaging for me too be in the relationship as he became verbally and physically abusive. He threatened to kill himself if I left him, but he didn't and he is now sober. So who knows... Everyone is different. Some people have a wake-up call from an intervention or a partner leaving them and realize it's time for change, others just go further into the downward spiral. Sorry I can't be of more help, just thought I'd share some of my experiences.

Thank you for everything you all have great advice and It means so much to hear it from people who understand... <3

i do not use a needle more than one time.. I also wont use anything that has had my blood in it for more than a min and a half.. Like say i draw up a shot and i poke myself it registers and thn i slip out or something if i cant get it back in my vein or another than ill waste it in the toilet. My group gets mad at me for wasting it but id rather be safe thn sorrry..

this is an excellent practice, and i thank u for sharing it. i have begun to get a little sloppy on a short amount of time. this is en encouraging post to read. thank u.

say if someone with hep c used my boyfriends body jewelry (his lip ring) after piercing herself with my boyfriends piercing needle (i disposed of that right after she used it) if he uses the lip ring can he get hep c? He hasn't used it yet but he did put it back in the case with all our other jewelry does all the jewelry have to be thrown out??

yes! it can be thus transmitted. and hep C, unlike HIV is an extremely hearty virus, e.g., it can live in dried blood for like five days to a week! (my stats may b wrong, but not my point) and this dried blood could be invisible to the naked eye. this jewely is likely infected snd your boyfriend should absolutly not use it, and u can't morally sell it. as far as exposed to the rest of the stuff in the case, i'm not sure.....i mean, it can't "leap" from one item to another, but just touching it could do it - i would think...