View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives and Violence

SirRollsAlot

Bluelighter
Well we've all heard about that one naked guy destroying stuff and evading cops on PCP, and sure some are definitely legit stories. I experienced ketamine today and had a wonderful time I might add but there was one point where I felt like I had incredibly strength and could take on anyone and preceded to punch a pillow.. Things like this have happened to me and my friends on DXM as well, two friends full on fought each other and then laughed it out but it was violent to say the least haha. The sensation is indescribable, Incredible confidence, strength, capability, skill. All very heightened, And at the moment of impact, your unstoppable. Does anyone have any explanations to this phenomenon, or any good stories please share:)
Thanks BL as always<3

I don't know...i guess the people from the pcp stories are violent persons in the first place.
But one effect of dissociatives is mania which gives you a good amount of confidence.
And they anesthise you.
So if you would get hit it wouldn't hurt (depending on dosage).

Ketamine and PCP are both dissociatives but Ketamine does not have the reputation of bringing out crazy behavior like PCP does. I'm glad to hear of your pleasant experience, but that is the danger as there is a potential for habituation and with chronic use, some damage to your body. Keeping it down to less than once a week would be a good guideline.

the vikings used to take amanita muscaria to raid towns so it's not unheard of

The main difference is that ketamine and most other dissociatives physically inhibit people. You couldn't fight your way out of a paper bag in a k-hole, but on pcp you aren't subdued in the same way and can get yourself in trouble with the feeling that you can do anything.

i read a Scandinavian historians artical in a local newspaper a few years ago it's not a hardcore fact just something fairly widely believed among Scandinavian historians

i did ket for the first time last weekend and i dnt know how people can go clubbing on it let alone want to get into a fight i was to busy traveling time and jumping in and out of my body to want to fight then i would not of been much good if i had wanted to as i could not even walk lol . but methoxetamine i have got totally super human esc on that felt like i could rip some one in two like when you get stim rage . not blowing my own trumpet but because of it iv found out im a very good boxer and if i was not such an unhealthy sod i could maybe of taken it up as a sport

Alcohol causes a lot of people to be violent, it's no surprise that some do with dissociatives too.

Really I think PCP induced violence is blown out of proportion. IME it's actually mellow. The trip is cleaner and easier to control than DXM. Although it does make me feel like a badass, and it numbs you, give you energy, and can make one manic.

The main difference is that ketamine and most other dissociatives physically inhibit people. You couldn't fight your way out of a paper bag in a k-hole, but on pcp you aren't subdued in the same way and can get yourself in trouble with the feeling that you can do anything.

LOL at the paper bag thing, so true.

Same goes for me with MXE. I take a large dose and I can hardly move.

On smaller doses of MXE, and more so on 3-MeO-PCP, I have felt great surges of energy and have been able to move fluidly and with good coordination. I also found that I could lift things (with one arm) without effort which normally I would huff and puff over. It's amazing the power of the mind. Once in that rare state of enhanced strength, I was doing some gardening and saw that I needed to empty a heavy bag of garden soil into a wheelbarrow. Usually I pick those up with both hands and hold them close to my body to keep my balance. On this occasion I felt strong and I had no doubt that I could lift it, and - voila - it flew up like it weighed 3 kilograms instead of 15. I held it in one hand with my arm fully extended away from my body. I felt no strain at all and was no sore the following day.

I've since tried to repeat the experiment (both in a substance-free state and also on dissociatives) and never been able to repeat it. I put it down to the mental state I was in at the time - the fact that I simply had no doubt whatsoever in my ability to lift the bag meant that it happened effortlessly. Now if only I could harness that mind-state and have it available whenever I needed it... there'd be bags of soil flying all over the place.

I felt like I had incredibly strength and could take on anyone and preceded to punch a pillow..

I LOL'd at this, too. It's quite nice, really. It's great to feel that surge of energy and if you have the impulse to hit something, why not hit an inanimate object (especially a soft one)? I think it's cool when people can experience these feelings of power and strength with self-awareness and a degree of objectification, not becoming identified with it or feeling the need to use it against someone else.

It's a pity that young people in my city who like to drink lots of alcohol and/or smoke meth and then look for someone to beat on don't explore their impulses in this detached and self-aware kind of way.

mrflowers said:
the vikings used to take amanita muscaria to raid towns so it's not unheard of

Could you please cite a source for this statement. It sounds ludicrous.

"A single source for the notion that Vikings used A. muscaria to produce their berserker rages was first suggested by the Swedish professor Samuel Ödman in 1784.[103] Ödman based his theories on reports about the use of fly agaric among Siberian shamans. The notion has become widespread since the 19th century, but no contemporary sources mention this use or anything similar in their description of berserkers. Today, it is generally considered an urban legend or at best speculation that cannot be proven."(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria)

I've only ever really seen any violence from people on PCP and Methoxetamine. Both of these seem to have a prominent effect as Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors and we all know that stimulants can facilitate aggression.

It's vastly exaggerated though, and most people who take either drug aren't going to become the slightest bit aggressive. People who might be aggressive anyway though might come to this result quicker having taken a stimulant - particularly when this stimulant also alters their world view and can cause severe delusions about their behaviour.

I think one of the main factors in this though that gave PCP its bad name is the style of the violence people have witnessed, it often involves extraordinarily brave or stupid feats, and I feel this is due to the combination of the stimulant effects with the numbing dissociating effects of the drug that can make you feel a lot stronger or more withstanding to pain than you would normally be.

Last edited:
I think part of it's link to violence is that criminals like to use PCP to calm their nerves before committing a crime.

using nitrous i broke a lot of shit in my parents house in a angry rage and went to jail for felony vandalism. crashed two bookshelves and broke a laptop. thankfully my parents agreed to drop it to a misdeamenr

MXE is not a good compound for me Last Time I did it I got very pissed off and threw my computer across the room Note* I was drunk at the time so taking MXE was not the best decision.

i read a Scandinavian historians artical in a local newspaper a few years ago it's not a hardcore fact just something fairly widely believed among Scandinavian historians

ive also heard this, supposedly put them in something called "beserker", just a state of madness

Well we've all heard about that one naked guy destroying stuff and evading cops on PCP, and sure some are definitely legit stories.

Nah, if you look back through history you find the same "he took a drug and fought 10 men" story for heroin, marijuana, LSD etc. The only reason it seems to have stuck to PCP is because it's such a rare drug hardly anyone has ever taken it.

When you take PCP you giggle and fall over.

When I take K or MXE, I definitely feel like there some sort of strength coursing through my veins. I feel like I could seriously whoop someones ass if I was provoked. But I've never actually felt violent/wanted to hurt anyone. Some people are a different breed though, and they can get violent just from some benzos.