• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Would anyone be kind enough to describe the "rush" from I.V. injection of heroin?

burn out

Bluelighter
Would anyone be kind enough to describe the "rush" from I.V. injection of heroin?

I am just curious to see whether the rush is the same/similar for everyone or it there is a lot of variability between individuals.

For me, the rush usually begins in my legs. It feels almost like they're getting heavier. Then it feels like someone has poured a subtance into my body (a wonderful substance) and it feels as if my body is filling up with very pleasurable sensation, which again seems to concentrate in my thighs and then spread outward from there. Then after about a minute or so, the feelings begin to subside and quickly give way to your typical opiate high which to me feels very similar regardless of which route of adminstration I use or even which opiate I use. There are other effects to that I left out just because I dont see the point in going into too much detail but there are itchings I get sometimes along with mental effects.

SO what about yoU?

my chest gets a nice chill the it flows my spine to my brain and it's like an orgasm

You get a warm sensation in your abdomen, feel very light-headed, and just super good. Words can't describe how good the rush is. Like the above poster said, it's like an orgasm (IMO, even better). It's similar to morphine, just without the pins and needles. I've actually gotten the pins and needles feeling from heroin before, but its nowhere as intense as it is with morphine.

realisticly you get a strong tingly sensation in the joints ,butterflies in the stomach ...kinda dizy ...ur bdy feels warm

i would kinda describe the feeling right after as the same feeling u get when u get a really good strech ....the sensation u get through ur limbs ,and u feel all cozy and take the shape of whatever ur touching like water would do

Shot H for the first time tonight. Mind-blowing.

Started with the taste in the back of the throat, warm. Spread from my throat to my head and body, and I had to sit down. Just, wow.

I would say half the buzz is watching the fluid disappearing into your body,
then for me I would describe it like it feels like the hands of god are at the base of my neck and they move up and massage my brain.

Here is my description-excusee me if this gets a bit "artsy":

After I finish the shot, I usually have about five seconds or so in which I can pull the syringe out of my arm, and blot down the blood with some paper towels. First I get this "punch" of flavoring that I sense in my nose and on my taste buds, and I feel as if the muscles in my eyes sort of relax, making my vision go a bit blurry for a second. Then I feel as If my whole body tenses up for a moment, as if it is burdened by some gigantic pressure, and is suddenly relieved of it. My knees feel slack, and my arms sort of dangle as if they're made out of rubber. I always imagine a beautiful flower popping out of the top of my head, because that's just what heroin feels like to me, something beautiful and natural (so beautiful, it has the power to turn me into a thieving junky.)

in my opinion it's nothing like sex or an orgasm. for me it's really just a warm floaty feeling that begins at the bottom of my spine and works its way up to my head. a warm tingly sensation, almost like you're being engulfed by a gentle warm wave of water, like when you submerge yourself in a lukewarm bathtub.

When I was an active addict, it felt good. The rush is what got me. The feeling of being dope sick as fuck and seeing that red cloud as you draw back, knowing you're about to feel so good--that feeling is something I can't forget. When I pushed the plunger down, I felt a warm feeling moving fast through my veins.
When I got sober, and relapsed once, it felt bad. I remember that no amount of dope could get rid of the guilt I felt. Then I nodded out in a very weird position and woke up 8 hours later and hated myself for what I had done. That was a long time ago, and I still do think about the rush.

I was convinced to feel that rush ONCE. The reason I stopped smoking my dope and started to IV was simply because I needed to experience the rush, just once. I sat in my room for 20 minutes poking at my arms trying to find a vein..I had no idea how to find one, even though I have plenty of nice big veins. I finally hit; seeing the blood made my heart skip a beat. I remember I said out loud "this is it. I'm doing it", and then I slowly reclined back on my bed and smiled. I was alone and I loved it. Not long after, everything got out of control.

I read through all of the statements & none of them make me want to go out to shoot up......I guess unless ive actually done it, I wouldnt understand which is understandable. Just like sex for the first time, unless you do it, no matter how much someone describes it, it isnt the same unless you actually do it.

The thing is, the description everyone describes about the rush & high of heroin/needle use leads everyone to quit & get help eventually because of their "bad" habit, unlike sex & an orgasm, you dont end up in rehab or need help to quit.

What im trying to say is why in the world would someone want to start using a needle? I find no glamour in actually doing it vs watching the movies & watching people shoot up, although I kind of feel like im getting high along with the actors shooting up in these movies, im also disgusted by sticking a needle in my body ( hate needles with a passion).

Sorry to hijack the thread, after reading the statements, I had to throw in my opinion.

How would you compare the rush of IV oxycodone to IV heroin?

Is not comparable. Oxycodone hardly has a rush, just immediate onset.

Opana and dilaudid are more like heroin in terms of rush, though I actually prefer IV opana

Shot H for the first time tonight. Mind-blowing.

Started with the taste in the back of the throat, warm. Spread from my throat to my head and body, and I had to sit down. Just, wow.

God what an amazing feeling, I havent done H in quite sometime, I firt times IV were sooo amazinggg you get heavy and it feels like your meltinggg

No I think I get what TheLOstBoys is saying. IV drug use has been glamourized in the united states. All of our favorite rock stars, artists, shit even philosophers probably shoot dope, did, or died doing it. We're quick to always say "too bad he/she was a junky", but the truth is most people romanticize that the most. We've made IV drug use so taboo, that it's seductive seeming.

No I think I get what TheLOstBoys is saying. IV drug use has been glamourized in the united states. All of our favorite rock stars, artists, shit even philosophers probably shoot dope, did, or died doing it. We're quick to always say "too bad he/she was a junky", but the truth is most people romanticize that the most. We've made IV drug use so taboo, that it's seductive seeming.

Thank you......you understood what I was trying to say :)

How would you compare the rush of IV oxycodone to IV heroin?

IV oxycodone has no rush. Heroin, hydro/oxymorphone now there's a real rush.

edit: the poster below you said the exact same thing as me lol. +1 then

For me the rush felt like my chest tightened up just a bit, while my whole body had a light feeling of pulsating/tingling. I actually didn't find anything pleasurable about it, so I just stick to snorting my heroin now.

But my point was people who are already into these drugs enough to consider IV use are jaded enough to merely see the needle as a tool to improve and increase the high. It might be the case that from a purely external, drug-naive perspective needles seem "seductive" lol, but I don't know of anybody who turned to IV use purely because of its portrayal in the mainstream-pretending-to-be-alternative media (think Trainspotting).

Whenever somebody says that they want to switch to IV use, I always say that they should take a break from the drugs to clear their mind before making such a serious decision. The thought process while strung out is so different compared to how you think when you are not hooked. When you're strung out you justify switching to the needle as a means to be more efficient at getting high.

To somebody that is not strung out, they think of the notion of IVing heroin more clearly, like it's taking a drug made in god knows what conditions, then smuggled god knows how, and cut with god knows what, and after obtaining it after a series of shady interactions, the user puts that substance into their veins. That's why people that have never done drugs, or people that are not heavy into it can't really see how someone would resort to IVing, but people that are strung out start justifying the switch to IV use as being a way to need less drugs to achieve a good high.

You get a warm sensation in your abdomen, feel very light-headed, and just super good. Words can't describe how good the rush is. Like the above poster said, it's like an orgasm (IMO, even better). It's similar to morphine, just without the pins and needles. I've actually gotten the pins and needles feeling from heroin before, but its nowhere as intense as it is with morphine.

I have always preferred having good orgasms over IV heroin. As much as I have done IV drugs, I'd be the first to tell you if I didn't prefer orgasms... but I prefer the actual, full body orgasm experience good sex delivers. IV heroin is overrated IMO.

The light headed effect from IV heroin is too intense IMO, the last time I did it, I remember vomiting at least a dozen times, if not more.

After reading this thread, I figured I'd better go do some research just to make sure I could convey the feeling accurately.

I would say half the buzz is watching the fluid disappearing into your body,
then for me I would describe it like it feels like the hands of god are at the base of my neck and they move up and massage my brain.

This is pretty close to the first minute or so, then the warmth cuddles down into my chest, and I feel like I'm in a snuggly blanket.

(I also like watching the drug enter my vein. Creepy, I know.)