• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Would anyone be kind enough to describe the "rush" from I.V. injection of heroin?

How about the time that I don't remember 'the rush' but do remember waking up in the bathroom, pulling myself up off the floor, and having a terrible pain on the side of my head. Apparently, after I IV'ed, I collapsed and cracked my head on the side of the porcelan toilet, sink, or tub. I was home alone and could have not woken up and no one would have found me. I had a large lump on the side of my head for like a week afterwards and my wife was suspicious of what happened. In retrospect I was very, very lucky.

I have not tried to get a 'rush' out of IV'ing heroin since, and in fact hardly ever IV it anymore since that event. I'm almost exclusively using suboxone and benzo's now (along with caffiene and nicotine) which all work as a great combo for me. I'm going to switch to subutex as I don't have dope cravings any longer and have only used it 1-2 times in the past month.

My message is: be careful my friend.

seconded, within two weeks of graduating to the IV league i'd overdosed of sorts, 3 pints of beer, followed by a smaller than usual shot "it'll be fine, fucking pansies worried about OD", waking up three hours later, reaching for the pin realising its already empty then dawning on me wtf just happened.

I didn't use heroin, I had the (bad) luck of having morphine and every other opiate available to me, and given that heroin is simply a prodrug of morphine, the effect is the same. Diluadid was pretty good but morphine was my favorite. For me, shooting morphine felt like a flash, a moment of absolute clarity, where everything was beautiful and perfect, just as God had intended it to be. These were very compelling reasons to quit using, as at the time I couldn't find anything else in my life that came close to fifteen milligrams of intravenous morphine, not in my work, my friends, or my family. So I went to rehab, and that was six years ago. I don't touch the stuff.

I didn't use heroin, I had the (bad) luck of having morphine and every other opiate available to me, and given that heroin is simply a prodrug of morphine, the effect is the same. Diluadid was pretty good but morphine was my favorite. For me, shooting morphine felt like a flash, a moment of absolute clarity, where everything was beautiful and perfect, just as God had intended it to be. These were very compelling reasons to quit using, as at the time I couldn't find anything else in my life that came close to fifteen milligrams of intravenous morphine, not in my work, my friends, or my family. So I went to rehab, and that was six years ago. I don't touch the stuff.

Honestly, diacetylmorphine and 6-monoacetylmorphine are way better.

Feel lucky you are clean though. Chipping is OK but being clean is the best.

Oh hell where do I start... for me it starts in my belly, a warm soothing feeling. An over all feeling of well-being, all my problems faded away and any anxiety is gone. Then a slight taste in my mouth just to reassure me that I'm in heaven. All this glorious, tingly and what seems like "love from above" lasts for about 30 seconds to a minute. After the "rush" (and also depending on what shot it is for me in the day) I'm in a perfect serenity for a good 15 minutes until I start to doze off where I catch a very short nap so as to keep the nods at bay.

The other side of it is lies, constant trouble and the worst detox u can imagine. I know nothing anyone says will keep u from trying it but please consider the fact that it will ruin your life on a level that u can't even imagine...

Omg

This thread is making me crave opium again in a horribly intense way, and I was only (mostly) chipping/bingeing, 2 years (been clean almost 3 months now and threw the rest of what was a year's worth away). I can't imagine what recovering IV users must feel when reading through this.

I'd love to try it just the once.... But I know myself too well :(

Threw a years worth away??? That had to be thousands of dollars worth of dope. Good god man ;)

I know, I admire your will power amd determination, but hate the deed!

Just kidding, good for you pontifex01.

Lately I have been fucking with speedballs and that turns your pleasant warm heroin rush into a full body insanely blissful orgasm. I have to say coke + H = the best rush attainable by man lol. both have a great rush seperately put them together and blizammammmmmmjmm

Lately I have been fucking with speedballs and that turns your pleasant warm heroin rush into a full body insanely blissful orgasm. I have to say coke + H = the best rush attainable by man lol. both have a great rush seperately put them together and blizammammmmmmjmm

Yes, and this combo has always brought me to my knees. I actually prefer the coke rush, but one habit is expensive enough.

Hey, what about morphine rush? I've read about the histamine reaction (and thus "pins and needles"), is there anything besides it? If one took an antihistamine before, the rush would completely disappear or what?

depends on how much and what type of antihistamine, as well as you body type and specific reaction to IV opioids...

All that aside, an antihistamine even like benadryl @ 50mg will be a significant help.

Okay, while speed balls were never really my thing (lucky me, I'm not a fan of the needle... and trust me I've tried. takes all types to make the world I guess), I still would be pressured to compare the effects of any drug I've ever encountered to an actual top notch orgasm. again, different strokes for different folks, but still... I mean, the feeling of a speed ball is pretty, i.e. the rush, is pretty indescribable. But then again, I'd rather have the best orgasm possible than rush from an IV drug...

You feel like a HERO that is why it's called HEROin. Pure euphoria, but the addiction isn't worth it by any means.

For me the best rush is nice fat shot of Dilaudid... just cant be beat.. i like it when it's to the point where it's almost painful... mmmh goodness.

Second would have to be morphine, i quickly grew to love the pins and needles from a fat shot of morph.

Personally H comes in a distant third to D and M.

I have always preferred having good orgasms over IV heroin. As much as I have done IV drugs, I'd be the first to tell you if I didn't prefer orgasms... but I prefer the actual, full body orgasm experience good sex delivers. IV heroin is overrated IMO.

The light headed effect from IV heroin is too intense IMO, the last time I did it, I remember vomiting at least a dozen times, if not more.

This^.
People give drugs wayyyyyy too much credit...like some don't realize that it was you all along, you've always felt that good, you just don't know it.

Drugs just make you feel "unnaturally" good, which is never good!