• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Music on Psychedelics Thread (Track #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big & Dandy Music on Psyches Thread

I have done LSD only once and I had a blast on it, but I never listened to music on it. I just want to know what music sounds like on acid. Can anyone describe it? Is it like when your rolling? Gimme some info.

It sounds... WONDERFUL!
Well, let me elaborate. Truly beautiful music sounds like HEAVEN - and crappy music sounds like HELL.
LSD, as well as many other psychedelics are able to unveil a new level of texture and depth that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. For me, good music is one of the most integral parts of the psychedelic experience.
SG

Originally posted by frqntflyr:

SHPONGLE

Dorset Perception will tear the roof off of your brain and let aliens dance on your brain. All of this you will be perfectly ok with :)

Originally posted by Sebastians_ghost:
It sounds... WONDERFUL!
Well, let me elaborate. Truly beautiful music sounds like HEAVEN - and crappy music sounds like HELL.

First thing I have noticed, that you will be able to really get into the sound. What has really intrigued me is how some records which have sounded pretty OK when I was sober (Van Der Graf Generator & Can records pop into my mind now), sounded absolutely terrible on acid, because I was capable of distinguishing every flaw in production and sound engeneering. This is probably the reason why many like to listen to Dark Side of the Moon while tripping... even though it's not really psychedelic, it's almost flawless concerning the studio work (hell... it took fucking 7 months to make it).

What you want to listen to is some sludge/doom.
Go download/buy a band on a label called Southern Lord called Khanate.
Its got fuck loads of distortion, is really slow, and has more feedback than any other thing ever recorded.
When you listen to it, it sounds like the world is coming to an end, and you are melting. You will think that you ARE the music becasue it makes you feel so fuzzy.
Dooming out on acid is the greatest thing ever.
And Im a metal head who's open minded enough to listen to drum and bass and shit like that when I rolling, so please be open minded enough to try this.
peace.

Just don't let your idiot friend put on Sinead O'conner, cause he want's to "mellow out". Goddamn did that depressing shit suck.
BTW...Try the Mermen, "the whales are coming and boy are they pissed"

I havn't tried acid, but on shrooms the song "Trance on Ecstasy" will make you feel like your brain is melting and everything around you wants u to do ecstasy.
The song can be downloaded off of Kazaa.
Also, "I am the Walrus" by The Beatles is good, and so is "House of Doom Turbo Dance Mix" by DJ Trippy.

with lsd you aren't hearing the music with your ears
you are feeling it with your body, seeing it with your mind, and sensing it as a multi-dimensional object which you are now a part of.
That would be my true heaven, to experience music in that way for eternity

with lsd you aren't hearing the music with your ears you are feeling it with your body, seeing it with your mind, and sensing it as a multi-dimensional object which you are now a part of.
Nephil....those were almost inspirational words. I love that description...now I HAVE to hear music on LSD....damn acid need to dealers find me!!!!

The most incredible albums I've ever heard on acid are two of Delerium's albums, Karma and Poem.
It's absolutely mindblowingly beautiful, often reduces me to tears. Heart-wrenchingly melodic, and incredibly mystical.
The music seems to go on forever, it's like time slows down almost to a stop. But the music doesn't slow down, it just gets deeper and more complicated. It's like it evolves to something I've never heard before. I've heard those two albums dozens of times (not always on acid), yet every time I listen to them on acid, I hear something new. This happens to my wife too. We'll hear something that sounds particularly powerful, and we both say, "WHOA... I never heard THAT before!"
I guess it's analogous to visuals that you've never seen before. In fact, I rarely get any kind of visuals from LSD these days, it's almost all music-oriented and mystical/spiritual/synchronicity/God-inspiring sort of stuff, which I prefer anyway.

Wow I can't believe I forgot this...I have listened to music once on a true psychedelic, Mushrooms. I've listened to music on ecstasy 1000 times and music becomes a bodily and emotional sensation on that as you all are aware of...well I remember this while on shrooms...
I was at a party and I was trippen balls and there was so much sensory information happening around me in the house (music, more than one person talking to me at once, lights, hallucinations, trippy pictures, UV Lights) that I couldn't handle it at one point so I went outside and that didn't help because the trees were exploding, the plants were swimming around, the grass was water, the black night sky was turning different shades of brown...so I ran for my car. I sat it there alone and then a friend of mine sat down in there with me. She then turned on the radio suddenly (which was on loud) and it started playing the chorus of the Avril Lavigne song "Complicated"...all I heard was "why do have to go and make things so complicated" and I turned the music off sooo quickly...why? Because I didn't just hear the music I fucking saw Avril Lavigne appear on the hood of my car...it was crazy...I wasn't expecting it.
I want to trip again so I can experience the wonders of psy-trance (Goa), because I own soooo many Goa albums....maybe if I listen to Britney Spears she will appear...

I know music can be great to listen to while tripping, but it doesn't even compare to music while I'm rolling hard. Just listen to Fat Boy Slim, there really is no denying it is there?

The most incredible albums I've ever heard on acid are two of Delerium's albums, Karma and Poem
Poem and Karma are two of my favorites as well. They survive the ketamine frequency shifts unscathed, are immersive, and on K, shrooms, and LSD they are incredible for generating closed eye visuals. Especially with decent headphones.
Complete experiences, those albums.

yes, i like nephils description of music on acid. Its more than just hearing the music, is like you can see the music (which is why electronic music is so good!). And yea, shpongle rox!
Dooming out on acid is the greatest thing ever.
mashmetaller u own. Metal on acid is the shit!! Judging by your post, id suggest "Kings of the Carnival Creation" by Dimmu Borgir; very doomy, very emotional, very beautiful. The combo of the synths, guitar, percussion, and violins give ur mind so many different sounds to hear it WILL melt your soul utterly (in fact, its so good that you dont even need acid to feel that hehe).

Is music on shrooms equally as powerful? Like I said I listened to music while on shrooms but I didn't really "listen" it was softly playing in the background....

^^^^^^^^^^
no way, it's nothing compared to acid.
acid does something to music that no other psyches do, in my opinion. it sounds soooooooo fucking good. that's usually what i do for 8 hours straight while tripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.