• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Any cons to plugging heroin versus snorting it?

waldo777

Bluelighter
I am referring only to powdered heroin salt (commonly seen on the east coast USA for example). I have researched and searched, and all I have generally seen is that people say
"Plugging powdered heroin works, but if this is the kind of dope you have then just snort it"

I realize snorting is much easier, but are there any actual cons to plugging versus snorting?
For example: is lots of heroin lost to fecal matter, poor technique, etc...

The reason I ask is because, while snorting the heroin is a decent ROA, if ones nose is slightly "messed up" and snorted powders tend to go directly down their throat, or if their nasal membranes are so abused their absorption ability is compromised, then IF plugging powdered heroin is at least AS efficient as snorting, then if one has a bad nose, plugging becomes significantly more efficient. Right?????

Anybody with any experience or knowledge as to the potential cons of plugging heroin versus snorting it please comment. Also, anybody with any relevant info is welcomed to comment, thanks in advance

plugging works wonders. however i have only ever had tar, and i shoot it. back before i started shooting i tried waterlining and plugging and found plugging was much better in terms of intensity, duration, and rush. also plugging hit faster and didnt have the nasty drip. ive never tried snorting powder though.

i would highly recommend giving plugging a good 2 tries to fully judge it.

I would love to (hypothetically) be in a situation where I could experiment, but with a very limited supply I cannot afford the risk of it being less effective....

I did evacuate my bowels the way only an opiate addict can, so I've got a lotta room to absorb now, and seeing how my nose is VERY damaged I really want to plug to get the biggest bang for my buck. What's the worst scenario? I

That my feces block the dope from being absorbed?

OR

That the BA for rectal is less than for nasal?

^ I have plugged powdered heroin before and I can tell you that it is very similar to IV, just takes a bit longer to kick in but no, considering how much safer it is I don't believe there are any downsides to plugging, unless you somehow puncture your colon which would be very difficult to do if you use the proper technique.

That's great to hear, thanks for the response. "Mora Fiend" I now have a few questions for you, or anyone with relevant experience...

Does the amount of water used matter? As I see it, more water means more solution is likely to come into contact with the blood vessels and thus greater absorption. BUT, perhaps less water means the solution won't "move around" too much and will instead stick to the membranes yielding more absorption...
I was thinking of using around 3ml's, any comments or suggestions?

Also, what about filtering? I know its safer to do, but also not necessary as it is for IV use. I thought that if the solution is filtered (or @least I would only draw up the stuff that dissolved into water and leave the cuts on the bottom) then the cuts that didn't dissolve in water won't block the membranes meaning better absorption? Or is this not really a factor?

Last, I believe the tek is to lay on ones side, insert solution, and stay put for 15mins before getting up. Is that correct, are there any tips people would care to offer?

Thanks in advance

^ To answer from my experience:

1: Water, 3ml should be fine
2: Filtering, a cotton will work just fine, plugging is a hell of a lot safer than IV so cottons will do
3: I always layed face down, ass up (that's the way I like to plug =D) and stayed there for 5 minutes after depressing the plunger. 5 minutes should be plenty of time, may even be less.

If you have any other questions just send me a PM :)

Its still a work in progress, but check out this thread on plugging. There is a lot of good information on how much liquid to use and the specifics involved in actually plugging.

Be sure to post your experience. I haven't tried it yet but I've read mixed reviews on plugging heroin, with about half the people saying it was less effective than snorting.

Plugging was very surprisingly good to me, just make sure you try go to the bathroom first and dont go too deep either , try maybe about an inch and half in then plunge away =D

plugging works wonders. however i have only ever had tar, and i shoot it. back before i started shooting i tried waterlining and plugging and found plugging was much better in terms of intensity, duration, and rush. also plugging hit faster and didnt have the nasty drip. ive never tried snorting powder though.

i would highly recommend giving plugging a good 2 tries to fully judge it.

could you give some prep tips for plugging black tar for us west coasters? thanks!

that's not very pro HR. stop coming into threads talking about shooting when OP obviously isn't about to shoot it.

Yeah come on guys.. If the dude was an IV user and wanted to shoot his dope, he probably wouldn't be asking us on plugging now, would he?

Please keep those kinda posts outta this thread.

Thanks

MIKE

Hey all, haven't taken the plunge yet b/c I'm simply too afraid of wasting a single speck. There seem to be 2 questions that have different answers depending on where you look and who you ask....and until I can sort them out I fear I may be wasting the goods, so:

1). Is 3ml enough water? Is it too little? Would 5ml be better? My fear with using more than 3ml's is that some of the solution might either leak out, or would take too long for it to all be absorbed--i can wait 15 minutes, 30 (if that is needed for 5ml) would be pushing it

2). How deeply should the syringe be inserted? Some say all the way in which is about 3-4 inches, while others say only an inch and a half. I imagine the benefit of going all the way in is that there is less chance of solution leaking out. BUT going in only 1 and 1/2 inches seems to make sure no fecal matter will come into contact with the solution. Has anyone plugged with 3mls or more and only inserted the syringe 1 and 1/2 inches?---did any solution leak out upon removing the syringe?

Thanks for the help and comments in advance

Waldo:

I would use 3ml of water, I have used more before, all the way up to 10ml and I haven't noticed a difference in effect, the only difference with more water is that some does leak out. As for how far to push it in, the oral syringes that are sold at most pharmacies are about 5 inches long, I always just put it about halfway in and that has always worked fine.

Basically you're just bypassing the sphincter muscle and putting the solution directly in contact with your colon so it can be absorbed. Pretty easy to do actually. Let us know how you do.

Used 3ml's, went in about 3 inches, pushed plunger at medium pace, been 10 minutes now....I just used the dose that I would snort to keep me straight---not high, so far feel fine but nothing special so to speak. Perhaps if I did it as my first dose of the day I would be able to judge the effects better. At about 7 minutes in I flipped onto my other side, figuring any liquid would be "swooshed" around and exposed to more surface area in my rectum. Since I wasn't using a get high dose the real test as to the efficacy of this ROA will be how long I need to wait for the next dose.

I'm still really concerned that some solution is leaking out when I pull out the syringe. I wait about 5-10 seconds, then slowly pull it out, and when its almost out I squeeze my cheeks together and pull the last bit out fast, keeping my cheeks clenched together. Is this right? Any tips or comments?

(Btw, I do feel a moderate warmth in my face and neck so something must be working....)

I've always had more success with more water liquid--up to 20ml--with no leakage at all. I figure it works better because there is more surface area covered. But who knows, since some swear by the less water the better and some say more...

Guess it worked, not sick or craving, although being so partial to intranasal usage and habit/routine/ritual being so intertwined with ones usage, I imagine that it all worked perfectly and that any complaints or fears about this ROA's efficacy has more to do with ritual and less to do with pharmacology (sic?). I did end up snorting a little bit after 20 minutes on the ground just to satisfy the psychological element yelling at me: "this goes in the nose not up the bum!".
I also snorted a bit of "Colombian coffee" after the 20 mins on the ground and before snorting a bit more dope as a sort of test... I figured that if the plugging worked I'd get the buzz w/out the crash as I would with just snorting the dope. And indeed that's just what happened, had little or no heroin been absorbed I'd be dealing with an unpleasant crash at the moment which I am not, therefore I must conclude it worked!

But to truly gage the efficacy I need to try this method for my first dose, so time and supply permitting I will.

I'm still nervous to walk around or sit on a chair as some my leak out. Is this silly? Are there positions people sit in after laying on the ground to ensure maximum absorption? Thanks