• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Does fruit juice contain enough water to sustain life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TearItDown

Bluelighter
Does fruit juice have enough water that you could only drink fruit juice for the rest of your life and live?

That's true -- the body does seem to adapt pretty well to new circumstances, if necessary.

I hope we get a response from someone more qualified. I'm just taking guesses.

Thanks for the contribution, though! lol. (waiting for more responses of course)

There is such people out there who call themselfs fruitarians who eat only fruit and as far as i know, if its organic and fresh and a diverse collection they live very well

There is such people out there who call themselfs fruitarians who eat only fruit and as far as i know, if its organic and fresh and a diverse collection they live very well

Do they have any teeth left by the time they hit 30? Sweet/citrus fruits are absolutely brutal on teeth D:

Do they have any teeth left by the time they hit 30? Sweet/citrus fruits are absolutely brutal on teeth D:
They eat botanical fruits: Cucumber, squash, tomato, ... Any "vegetable" that has seeds is a fruit. :) Those won't rot your teeth if you brush.

However, I'd be weary of consuming only fruit juice, or even eating a normal diet and consuming fruit juice in place of water: Depending on the type, the fat-soluble vitamin (A, D, E, K) content might be through the roof and might lead to issues. You can overdo it with the fat-soluble vitamins.

Not to mention that fruit juice is lacking in fiber and some heat-sensitive vitamins that are killed during the heating process to sanitize/sterilize the drink in commercial products.

100% fruit juice (not from concentrate) is okay every once in awhile, but it should not replace water in-take and should not be your only "food." :p

IMO. Not stating what I just did as fact: Just my opinion interlaced with facts from a couple dietetics courses.

I believe you'd eventually die from lack of nutrients if you only drank fruit juice.

Perhaps next time you should make your thread title less ambiguous?

as long as you brush your teeth after EVERY meal, and gargle with salt water - it should be fine...IF you can be vigilant enough...maybe mix it up as fruit AND VEG juice?

OP - this is an old thread - but why'd you ask? Are you really that fucking fussy? If so, get over it.

yes, it does. Only drinking high sugar juices would surely acidify the body and cause problems though. If your question is, "does juice hydrate or dehydrate?" .....I think you know the answer..........

if you have the water, to grow the fruit, to make the juice,
why not just drink the water...? lol

additionally, in order to have an equivalent hydration level, you would need to drink even more.

what's wrong with water?

Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? lol... "It has electrolytes!" True they weren't referring specifically to fruit juice but it just reminded me of that....

Anyways.... since you probably have clean water available to you to drink, and have the choice between drinking water or only fruit juice, why not try just watering down the fruit juice a bit? I agree with everyone in that yes fruit juice contains some water, but also its healthy to drink plain clear water as well. Or you could just put a ton of ice in it and as that melts you'll be getting fresh water.

Status
Not open for further replies.