Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Most annoying TV ads

liquiddelight

Bluelighter
Okay people, tell me - which ad annoys you the most?
Has anyone seen the Medalia Steel ad. "We STEEL got it?" - seriously, who comes up with shit like that!?!
Anyway, what ad do you hate?

easy easy EASY!
This one was just on, and I just came cursing from the TV to find this thread :)
Its that stupid "Herbal Essence" shampoo ad, where the chick's washing her hair screaming "YES! YES! YES!", and her husband is in the next room, head in hands, sobbing "no... no... no"
Stupid load of Americanized shit... they could have at least dubbed Aussie voices over the top, and not insulted our intelligences.
I guess its meant to be racy and shit, but coming from the US, which has some of the most harshly censored TV in the world, it just doesn't make it.
I HATE IT! Fucking stupid piece of shit company. I hope the fuckers burn.
-----
...oh yeah - I have exams coming. Does it show? ;)

Exams eh. Join the club. Instead of reading my Economics notes, I'm looking at easypic.com.
Let's see, more ads:
The tampon ad where the guy is on the bed talking to his girl going "The diet seems to be working". What a bloody tosser.
The one ad that scared the LIVING shit out of me: The Bras sale at the Burswod Dome. I just got back from work, and I put on the TV. I began to fall asleep, suddenly the guy starts screaming "BRAS BRAS BRAS!". I've never been so scared in my life. Seriously, that is just not on.

THAT KID THAT SINGS THE PHONE NUMBER!
CALL FIRTEEN FIRTEEN FIRTY TWO
LEARN TO SPEAK YOU ANNOYING LITTLE SHIT!
:)

There are a lot of ads that annoy me. Some of them are just so corny and lame that I actually find them funny. There is, however one which just annoys the hell out of me completely.
It's that ad for some bank (I think Commonwealth Bank?) featuring two images of the same guy - one on either side of the screen. Whenever the guy on the left says something, it's echoed a moment later by the guy on the right so they sound something like this: "Now now for for a a limited limited time time, etc."
Until I saw that ad, I never truly realised how excruciatingly annoying it is to hear a duplicated echo of every word that someone says. Now whenever I hear that ad come on I lunge for the TV remote to mute the sound. I usually have the TV on mute anyway when ads are on, but sometimes I forget.
PS: Jakoz, I thought it was ironic that you were bagging out the Herbal Essences ad for being a bunch of "Americanized shit", yet you spelt Americanised the American way.
- Kub

Bank ads in general suck pretty bad, but the worst has to be the "ANZ - Grow" series... the one where they start a little cafe/plant shop and hire new partners and shit like that...
Pretentious with a capital P-R-E-T-E-N-T-I-O-U-S... ;)

Originally posted by Kub:
PS: Jakoz, I thought it was ironic that you were bagging out the Herbal Essences ad for being a bunch of "Americanized shit", yet you spelt Americanised the American way.

Believe it or not Kub, I was actually smiling about that as I wrote it. :)

Why target just the Ads? I think anything on TV is annoying, well except for the Simpsons. :D
OEDM
~We are all ants!~

The Oreo's ad.
"mum says chocolates bad for dogs, but you can have my milk"

I hate all ad's with passion. I have foxtel channel surf so much.
ones that extremely piss me off are blue haven pools and mcdonalds ads.
-funki-

Being a former employee of Franklins, the new ads with the theme "Look at us now!" really grate on my nerves.
The crowning cringeworthy moment is when we are greeted by a guy with impossibly white teeth saying "WOW!" And smiling a bit too wildly into the camera.
It's my summation that this guy is an escapee from a mental hospital where he was being deprogrammed from a cannablistic cult, and he's about to have a relapse.
Other then that, I enjoy watching ads just to see how these people pursuade us to purchase their wares.

that stupid herbal essences ad has to be the most annoying - obviously the shampoo and conditioner made for americans with really bad sex life and very pathetic, inadequate life who gets so excited by a thing as trivial as a hair product
and then there's the giddy goana ad.. it's so ugly!
i actually love ads because it's a creative reflection of pop culture, society and the consumerist culture (either literally, or as a parody) - i see ads as persuasive short films - but these ads are so irritating, i hate them to bits and the creative directors should be shot!

Like:
snack stops 'I looove it' the two drop kicks sitting on the lounge at home - v. funny although has the potential to be really annoying after a while.
Hate:
Napisan challenge
Stoopid bundaberg rum ads with that fuck off annoying polar bear
the sprouts superannuation ad - wtf?
The Liptons infusion ads that try desperately to appeal to a yoof audience
I could go on, but I wont...

Fetish Jester
Being a former employee of Franklins, the new ads with the theme "Look at us now!" really grate on my nerves.
The crowning cringeworthy moment is when we are greeted by a guy with impossibly white teeth saying "WOW!" And smiling a bit too wildly into the camera.
At least you dont have to work there full time like i have too......ive heard that fukkin song that many times im seriously goin nuts......we have this tape that cuts into the radio every 5 mins an plays the "look at us now!" song an then tells us how fashionable kleenex toilet tissue is.Every person in that ad works at a franklins store in sydney an they guy with the huge mouth works at one in the innercity.If anybody know where i can get a betta job please tell me.
[ 09 June 2002: Message edited by: KaNaBuS ]

"go to the one stop lighting shop, lighting shop..." etc etc
with that bratty little girl skippy round the shop and the worst highpitched voic over
as well as for some reason the tic-tac ad that they keep using that looks like its been made in the 50s "great huh?!"

I think someone needs to invent a device that mutes a TV automatically during the commercial breaks. Either based on the longer pauses of black screen whenthe break starts or ends, or based on timing of the standard commercial break (tho they arnt exact all the time depending on station stuff ups, if its a movie etc.)
Yeah, a few mentioned have been local ads that a lot of people wont have seen. I must agree on both the lube mobile (every single ad they release has various annoying kids in it. probbaly the cildren of the owner of the company or something, who is blind to the fact that they are shitheads) and the comsec or whatever its called, the repeating words one.. GGRRR

gonetree.jpg

HELLO HELLO DOT COM DOT AU
ARRGGHHHHHH! To stop this we need to enforce strict breeding laws and licencing to make sure others dont pop out social retards who think they can make TV adverts.