• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Muslim BL'ers

Really, what kind of a question is that? Do you really think someone will tell you that they're "extremists"? I'm pretty sure you have the best of intentions but there is so much wrong with this post...

For the record, I am en ex-Muslim (which totally negates the "extremist" thingy), and I don't "hate jews" (even though I am actually Canadian of a Palestinian background). What I DO hate are non-jews who are so zealous about defending Israel that they end up attacking Palestinians. I certainly cannot hate America seeing that a huge part of my family is from there... as for the UK, it's just another country - although one in which I have a huge amount of friends.

I believe in Jihad only up to the discovery of gunpowder. I won't get into the details of why that is because they aren't too relevant - besides, I have a suspicion that you and 99% of the people reading this have a very skewed idea of what Jihad actually is.

Last edited:
phatass I'm sure you didn't intend to sound so inflammatory, so you might wanna change your approach to the question?

Everyone who bases their worldview upon ridiculous superstition is equally delusional, as I see it.

Make of that what you will.

besides, I have a suspicion that you and 99% of the people reading this have a very skewed idea of what Jihad actually is.

Yea, I had a conversation with a Muslim a while ago about what Jihad really was, and it sounds mostly innocuous.

From wiki:

Jihad... an Islamic term, is a religious duty of Muslims. In Arabic, the word jihād is a noun meaning "struggle." Jihad appears frequently in the Qur'an and common usage as the idiomatic expression "striving in the way of Allah (al-jihad fi sabil Allah)".[1][2] A person engaged in jihad is called a mujahid, the plural is mujahideen.

The term "Jihad" used without any qualifiers is generally understood in the West to be referring to holy war on behalf of Islam.[5] In broader usage and interpretation, the term has accrued both violent and non-violent meanings. It can simply mean striving to live a moral and virtuous life, spreading and defending Islam as well as fighting injustice and oppression, among other things.

Within Islamic belief, Muhammad is said to have regarded the inner struggle for faith the "greater jihad", prioritizing it over physical fighting in defense of the Ummah, or members of the global Islamic community.[8] One famous hadith has the prophet saying: "We have returned from the lesser jihad (battle) to the greater jihad (jihad of the soul)."[9] Muslim scholar Mahmoud Ayoub states that "The goal of true jihad is to attain a harmony between islam (submission), iman (faith), and ihsan (righteous living)."[10] Greater jihad can be compared to the struggle that Christians refer to as "resisting sin", i.e. fighting temptation, doubt, disbelief, or detraction. The greater jihad is about holding fast against any ideas and practices that run contrary to the Muhammad's revelations (Qur'an), sayings (Hadith) and the examples set by how he lived his life (Sunnah). This concept of jihad has does not correspond to any military action.

In Modern Standard Arabic, jihad is one of the correct terms for a struggle for any cause, violent or not, religious or secular (though كفاح kifāḥ is also used).[citation needed] For instance, Mahatma Gandhi's struggle for Indian independence is called a "jihad" in Modern Standard Arabic (as well as many other dialects of Arabic); the terminology is applied to the fight for women's liberation.[11]

In modern times, Pakistani scholar and professor Fazlur Rahman Malik has used the term to describe the struggle to establish "just moral-social order",[12] while President Habib Bourguiba of Tunisia has used it to describe the struggle for economic development in that country.[13]

I'm convinced Felix is Muslim becuase he keeps hanging out in very Islamic countries.

just wondering if there were any practicing muslim BL'ers, BL covers a wide variety of taboo subjects, like drugs, sex , politics, and religion... so i just put it out there to see if we could have a debate

Glitterbizkit, i am aware of the original meaning of jihad "struggle" but i was thinking of it in the more modern way its used as in, a holy war against the "kufar" unbelievers....

I think it's crazy that if you do the research Islam and Christianity are quite tied to together, there are only a few small disagreements about certain facts about things that occured thousands of years ago that no side really has proof of, oh and true muslims are not about the kill christian jihad that the media purpetrates, true muslims are pure nonviolent people, and this is coming from someone who follows neither organized religion. Energy is Energy if you ask me. our human labels are not something that is welcome to it.

Not a Muslim, and have studied only the basics of Islam in a World Religions university course.

I cannot recall the reference or meaning as to the statement a jihad of the pen, not the sword, nor even its origin. Would it be correct to infer that physical violence is not a definitionally necessary element of the term jihad?

unless your are a muslim, then I think it would be your duty to pick apart each one to find the truth of the "religion" you are professing yourself to

yeah, but people can have different interpretations, that's why you get different types of Islam and different types of Muslim. Some can read something totally different to another, and nobody really knows what was meant in the first place.

especially when the scriptures for both religions (islam and christianity) were written thousands of years ago and in languages that are dead languages to this day and could never be properly translated. and have been mistranslated hundreds of times to become what we know of this day as these "religions"

especially when the scriptures for both religions (islam and christianity) were written thousands of years ago and in languages that are dead languages to this day and could never be properly translated. and have been mistranslated hundreds of times to become what we know of this day as these "religions"

ORLY?

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيم

Seems perfectly readable and understandable to me ;).

anyone can translate a translation, but what about the original ancient texts that it was FIRST translated from? I bet you cant even produce the name of the language, much less a sample