• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Benzodiazepines Affinity Chart

adder

Bluelighter
I would be very grateful if somebody posted a chart with affinity of various benzodiazepine derivatives to benzodiazepine receptors.

I know there has been some topic where somebody posted something like this but I tried different terms and I cannot find it. It's just for studying, it would help a lot. Thanks in advance. If it should be ADD, sorry then.

^ Shit. When I clicked on the thread I though you had one listed, I was excited to see it.

Anyway, I'm in my school library right now so let me see if I can work the journal access properly and I'll see what I can find. It will be in PDF form, I hope I can post those to BL (if I can even find one :\).

^^ me too i wanna see it make sure you link me to it,

im asumming your in a med school/univ with full access to online journals like i had at my internship job? if so what univ u goto?

fuuuuuuck i was excited for it too jc

this is something i think a ton of bluelighters would love to see

I don't know exactly what you mean by affinity chart.

But if you're referring to the Benzodiazepine Equivalence Chart.

I was the one who posted it in a Thread Titled "strongest benzo?".
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=390171&page=2

That's where you'll find my post. With the post containing the original link.

Anyway here's the Benzo Equiv. Chart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_equivalence

Hopefully that's what you were talking about.

If not, my bad.

Anyway, hope I've helped.

Peace,

-Akomplice

Last edited:
^ Nah, we're talking about something a little more complicated than that. Not equivalence, not how strong a benzo is compared to another benzo, mg for mg, thats not the issue. What we want is roughly a chart showing how strong a specific benzo binds to the several different subunits on the benzodiazepine receptor. Each subunit has different effects, which is the the reason for the subtle differences between different benzos.

Adder, gethigh, whoever, I'm sorry to disappoint you guys... didn't find anything.

I searched around on scifinder and some other indexes this afternoon, without success. I came to the conclusion that the scientific journals probably wouldn't contain a compilation of affinities for each benzo. So I could find each one, one at a time, but I'd rather not. Or I could try a little harder and hope that somebody has compiled them somewhere.

I don't know, but before I try too hard, it would be a better idea just to ask an ADD regular, I'm sure one of them has a copy of what we're looking for.

I honestly have a hard time just trying to find ki values for specific benzos.

If I had quality journal access, I'd definitely put a chart of ki values though!

man, if I could find data for the different subunits, though, that'd be freaking great!

There is a very crude graph showing approximate Ki's of various benzos (in relation to their potency as hypnotics) at the top of this page (scroll up).

There is a table I once saw that was quite good, but it didn't refer to the subtypes, I will see if i can remember where i saw it...

Ham-milton said:
I honestly have a hard time just trying to find ki values for specific benzos.

If I had quality journal access, I'd definitely put a chart of ki values though!

man, if I could find data for the different subunits, though, that'd be freaking great!

I have access to these databases, but between work, study and resting, I just cannot find the time to search them.

I will report back if I find anything worth looking at.

it's just a really long, complicated bit of work- though it's certainly valuable here.

Ham, what would you suggest I should search for? key words? Title?

It is a very specific field, and I cant be bothered searching through 1000s of papers.

Last edited:
I know what you mean- I can hardly find papers I want out of my own collection (and we're only talking maybe 1K papers- though totally unorganized!).

Best I can come up with is looking for something like "alprazolam ki value a1 containing subunit a2"

maybe use the actual alpha symbol.

Here is a start...

attachment.php

Attachments

• f4-u1_0-B0-443-06618-3__50013-X__f010015.jpg
    f4-u1_0-B0-443-06618-3__50013-X__f010015.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,886
I have been working on this one for hours...

Found something, but it is over 200k. Anyone know how we can upload bigger .pdf files?