• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Movies and Drugs[MEGA MERGED]

indy goth kid A

Bluelighter
10 best movies to watch tripping?

i just wanted to see what everyone would put on their top 10 list.

maybe give some others some ideas they hadn't considered.

thanks.:\

i had expected that one... it's pretty trippy when you're sober.

any other ideas?

c'mon, 'lighters... let's hear it!

Matrix...
Cube... - unheard of movie but if you find it in your video store and got a visit with uncle cid comin up... OMG give it a try.

Watership Down
Alice in Wonderland

I'd say Pink Floyd The Wall but that's got some dark scary shit in it. Pretty much any movie that's happy and trippy as hell.

Dazed and confused was the shit when we were coming down
i now understand the lettering for that age, the letters look like they're dancing kinda... liquid dancing

i want to watch vanilla sky droppin, i bet it would be a totally different movie

Why the hell would you want to watch a movie tripping?!? Personally I prefer experiencing my own trip, not the trip of some Hollywood script writer. But that's just me, each to their own I guess...

* Metropolis an 1930's Black and White German silent movie, the music is pretty strange while I was wasted, a true classic.

* Wizard of the Oz!

There's too many to list, I usually watch more european movies than these overrated Hollywood....

Sometimes these music in these Bollywood (Indian movies) is pretty trippy and funny.

Urbanhog %)

I suppose Akira would be great while tripping, but I don't usually watch movies when on drugs, except from pot, I enjoy movies while stoned, not scary stuff tho, I once watched Event Horizon on pot and it scared me as hell.
The first time I watched Fear And Loathing I was really stoned and it was great
I watch funny stuff on a post roll day tho

I should try playing Wipeout while tripping, it has a techno soundtrack and incredible visuals and it's FAST

Movies are great for the tale end of an experience as you are getting tired and want to just veg and allow your mind to pull itself back together. Some of my favorites for this purpose:

1. Fear and Loathing
2. Waking Life
3. Akira
4. Princess Mononoke
5. O Brother Where Art Thou?
6. Rhyme and Reason (documentary on hip hop)
7. The Matrix
8. Batman (the original, not all the other crappy ones)
9. Cosmic Voyage (originally an IMAX movie about the universe)
10. Lord of the Rings (probably wont watch TOO much of it)

Oh and I almost forgot.... to whoever posted about the Cube and Donnie Darko, both of those are pretty damn awesome movies. The first time I saw Cube it fucked with my head.... and as for Donnie Darko, all I can say is "Chut up!"

the best movie i can think of is Apocalypse Now. this movie will seriously fuck with your mind when you are tripping.

i'll probably think of more later.

Stanely Kubrick's / Arthur C Clarke's 2001 A Space Odyssey

Best Music, Best Visuals, Trippy concept

and its long!