• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

microwaves

asecin

Bluelighter
how safe are microwaves when it comes to radiation on the food, or anything close by? :\

when your foods in there, your not supposed to stand too close. right? it cant be too good for you, but i doubt its really bad.

no danger at all. All microwaves do are make water molecules vibrate.

no damage has been proven other than the heating they cause.
I think you're okay.

ebola

I think microwave TV-dinners are more dangerous than the microwaves themselves, heh.

yeh its full of fat but just the idea they are frozen for who knows how long probably leaves them with absolutely no nutrients

Freezing doesn't affect the level of nutrients - heating does.

As for microwave ovens, I'm a bit distrustful... I don't really have a reason for that, but I feel better using the stove to heat food.

the idea they are frozen for who knows how long probably leaves them with absolutely no nutrients
I must ask, where did you get this idea?

Freezing does not alter nutrient content, nor does heating by microwave or traditional stove....well, extreme heating does, but at normal cooking temperatures, you will still get all your essential nutrients.

Also, heating something with microwaves does not "leave" anything on the food.

I don't eat anything that's been heated in a microwave unless I'm extremely hungry. I believe they alter the energetic structure of food in a way that makes it inedible and damaging to the body. One of the worst things I see are mothers microwaving artifical baby formula. Awful.

LiquidMethod said:
I believe they alter the energetic structure of food in a way that makes it inedible and damaging to the body.

so do I. plenty of sites out there seem to confirm this from a biochemical point of view: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=microwave+danger+&meta=

Plus, I feel the way a food is cooked will determine the quality of the energy it transmits to the one who eats it. There is a difference, energetically speaking, between the food resulting from aa fry-up, something from the oven, something boiled in the pressure cooker, something pot-boiled (with or without a lid, makes a difference), or something steamed. Think about intensity, duration, direction... I really believe this, and my experience has shown me that I am right. And of all ways of cooking, I suppose microwaved must be the worst: an incredibly restless, haywire energy that has no specific direction and wreaks havoc in the mind and body and spirit of the one who consumes it. avoid unless you're at work in the wintertime and they have a microwave and you want to have something warm you brought from home (pretty much the only time I will accept using one... I do not have one at home).

LiquidMethod said:
I believe they alter the energetic structure of food in a way that makes it inedible and damaging to the body.

so do I. plenty of sites out there to confirm this from a biochemical point of view: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=microwave+danger+&meta=

Plus, I feel the way a food is cooked will determine the quality of the energy it transmits to the one who eats it. There is a difference, energetically speaking, between the food resulting from aa fry-up, something from the oven, something boiled in the pressure cooker, something pot-boiled (with or without a lid, makes a difference), or something steamed. Think about intensity, duration, direction... I really believe this, and my experience has shown me that I am right. And of all ways of cooking, I suppose microwaved must be the worst: an incredibly restless, haywire energy that has no specific direction and wreaks havoc in the mind and body and spirit of the one who consumes it. avoid unless you spend lunchtime at work in the wintertime and they have a microwave and you want to have something warm you brought from home (pretty much the only time I will accept using one... I do not have one at home).

You should stand next to your microwave with your grandpa and his pacemaker. I think microwaves do damage we can't really measure...

perhaps you guys are referring to "radiolytic compounds" in irradiated food. These will be present in any food cooked with intense radiation, including fire. The tiny amounts of these substances will never affect you.

There are hundreds of websites proclaiming the dangers of microwaves...however on every single one they say the same thing, citing the same paper by this one guy. Nobody cites any references to anything. These "alternative health" sites are using scare tactics to make you read their site.

And of all ways of cooking, I suppose microwaved must be the worst: an incredibly restless, haywire energy that has no specific direction and wreaks havoc in the mind and body and spirit of the one who consumes it.
Sorry but this is nonsense. All heat is kinetic energy. Cooking with a microwave is no different than rubbing your hands together to warm them up.

^+1 protovack! Good post.

There is, however, mounting evidence that simply frying carbohydrates to normal cooking temperatures creates mutagens such as acrylamide.

All the posts about microwaves changing the "energy signature" to a "harmful" state or other fluff of that sort is simply myth and pseudoscience.

I do, however, agree that certain foods such as breast milk - which is beneficial not only due to the chemicals in it, but the live cells and other proteins which could be denatured by the heat.

^^^
Agreed. That is why if you store and reheat your breast milk, they tell you to never heat it beyond "body temp".

well you guys can keep kissing each other's asses and eating poisonous food, while others with common sense will throw their microwaves away and purchase something that reduces electromagnetic chaos.

protovack said:
perhaps you guys are referring to "radiolytic compounds" in irradiated food. These will be present in any food cooked with intense radiation, including fire. The tiny amounts of these substances will never affect you.

There are hundreds of websites proclaiming the dangers of microwaves...however on every single one they say the same thing, citing the same paper by this one guy. Nobody cites any references to anything. These "alternative health" sites are using scare tactics to make you read their site.

Sorry but this is nonsense. All heat is kinetic energy. Cooking with a microwave is no different than rubbing your hands together to warm them up.

+1............!
grin.gif