• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

microwaves

Uh, the powerful microwave oven lobby is a laughable concept at best.

Do you know who manufactures microwave ovens? They manufacture all sorts of appliances, including conventional and convection ovens. If they paid for a study that proved microwave ovens were harmful, they'd more than make up for the lost sales with sales of toaster ovens and other portable ovens, beverage warmers, etc. that people throwing away their microwaves would go out and buy as replacements.

that's an equally laughable suggestion.

I'm sure there are at least thousands of people who work solely in the microwave oven industry. Why perform studies and put a halt to microwave sales to please a few people? They are way too easy to use, efficient & convenient. Almost every home in the world has one. Just follow the money.

Last edited:
Live and let live. Going around calling peoples opinions ignorant and worthless is not going to win you any friends or make people any more receptive to your argument. Quite the opposite. Personally, I haven't observed anything wrong with using microwaves. That's not to say an unforeseen threat does not exist, because we constantly are learning new things about energy and how it relates to us and our environment. At this point in time, the evidence seems to point to that they are harmless.

LiquidMethod said:
well you guys can keep kissing each other's asses and eating poisonous food, while others with common sense will throw their microwaves away and purchase something that reduces electromagnetic chaos.

What a ridiculously exagerrated post. I'd suggest you look at it, recognise the lack of rational thought and rewrite it (pretending you never wrote such words when later posters accuse you of doing such ;) ).

I'm not here to make friends or convert anyone. If people want to listen to an alternate point of view, it's in their power to do so.

Quoting an emotionally-driven post of mine (pointing out that I am human) does nothing to discredit my argument, it merely re-inforces what it is. An opinion. Would you like me to microwave a kleenex?

I'd suggest pointing out the fact that anyone is human, would immediately and unquestionably taint the opinion they'd expressed or were preparing to express.

You admit that the post was emotionally driven and therefore out-of-sync with rationalised thinking. That's something,

I'm safe.

This protects me from the government manipulated brain interference waves.

Attachments

• mikey2.jpg
    mikey2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 122
SpellmanT7 said:
I'd suggest pointing out the fact that anyone is human, would immediately and unquestionably taint the opinion they'd expressed or were preparing to express.

And you are...a robot? Welcome cyborg.

Read my other posts to get a clearer understanding of what I'm trying to say.

They're really good for certain things

Like refried beans, chili, thick sauces, and other stuff that's real viscous and might burn up if you heat it in a pan.

Not to ressurect a really old topic, but I found something to add:

Every microwave oven contains a magnetron, a tube in which electrons are affected by magnetic and electric fields in such a way as to produce micro wavelength radiation at about 2450 Mega Hertz (MHz) or 2.45 Giga Hertz (GHz). This microwave radiation interacts with the molecules in food.

All wave energy changes polarity from positive to negative with each cycle of the wave. In microwaves, these polarity changes happen millions of times every second. Food molecules - especially the molecules of water - have a positive and negative end in the same way a magnet has a north and a south polarity.

In commercial models, the oven has a power input of about 1000 watts of alternating current. As these microwaves generated from the magnetron bombard the food, they cause the polar molecules to rotate at the same frequency millions of times a second.

All this agitation creates molecular "friction", which heats up the food. This unusual type of heating also causes substantial damage to the surrounding molecules, often tearing them apart or forcefully deforming them.

By comparison, microwaves from the sun are based on principles of pulsed direct current (DC) that don't create frictional heat; microwave ovens use alternating current (AC) creating frictional heat.

Artificially produced microwaves, including those in ovens, are produced from alternating current and force a billion or more polarity reversals per second in every food molecule they hit.

Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens.

One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables. Eight volunteers ate various combinations of the same foods cooked different ways

All foods that were processed through the microwave ovens caused changes in the blood of the volunteers. Hemoglobin levels decreased and over all white cell levels and cholesterol levels increased. Lymphocytes decreased.

Dr. Hertel was the first scientist to conceive and carry out a quality clinical study on the effects microwaved nutrients have on the blood and physiology of the human body.

His small but well controlled study showed the degenerative force produced in microwave ovens and the food processed in them. The scientific conclusion showed that microwave cooking changed the nutrients in the food; and, changes took place in the participants' blood that could cause deterioration in the human system.

According to Dr. Hertel,

"Leukocytosis, which cannot be accounted for by normal daily deviations, is taken very seriously by hemotologists. Leukocytes are often signs of pathogenic effects on the living system, such as poisoning and cell damage.

The increase of leukocytes with the microwaved foods were more pronounced than with all the other variants. It appears that these marked increases were caused entirely by ingesting the microwaved substances.

Technically produced microwaves are based on the principle of alternating current. Atoms, molecules, and cells hit by this hard electromagnetic radiation are forced to reverse polarity 1-100 billion times a second.

There are no atoms, molecules or cells of any organic system able to withstand such a violent, destructive power for any extended period of time, not even in the low energy range of milliwatts.

Of all the natural substances - which are polar - the oxygen of water molecules reacts most sensitively. This is how microwave cooking heat is generated - friction from this violence in water molecules.

Structures of molecules are torn apart, molecules are forcefully deformed, called structural isomerism, and thus become impaired in quality. This is contrary to conventional heating of food where heat transfers convectionally from without to within.

In addition to the violent frictional heat effects, called thermic effects, there are also athermic effects which have hardly ever been taken into account. These athermic effects are not presently measurable, but they can also deform the structures of molecules and have qualitative consequences.

For example the weakening of cell membranes by microwaves is used in the field of gene altering technology. Because of the force involved, the cells are actually broken, thereby neutralizing the electrical potentials, the very life of the cells, between the outer and inner side of the cell membranes.

Impaired cells become easy prey for viruses, fungi and other microorganisms. The natural repair mechanisms are suppressed and cells are forced to adapt to a state of energy emergency - they switch from aerobic to anaerobic respiration. Instead of water and carbon dioxide, the cell poisons hydrogen peroxide and carbon monoxide are produced."

The same violent deformations that occur in our bodies, when we are directly exposed to radar or microwaves, also occur in the molecules of foods cooked in a microwave oven.

This radiation results in the destruction and deformation of food molecules. Microwaving also creates new compounds, called radiolytic compounds, which are unknown fusions not found in nature. Radiolytic compounds are created by molecular decomposition - decay - as a direct result of radiation.

The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking

:p