Votes: 6 30.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

BA

Bluelight Crew
Now Playing Magazine talked to Sam Raimi who confirmed that a villain for Spider-Man 3 has been settled on. Here's a clip from the interview:

"We wanted to have a villain not only who would fulfill the character needs but somebody who could entertain the audience on a visceral level and provide great visuals, something we haven't seen before, and create a real challenge and great foe for Spider-Man and his unique spidery, spider-like powers."

He added that Alvin Sargent is writing the screenplay right now. For more on how the villain will likely be revealed, and how Raimi and his brother Ivan decided on the villain, check this link out.

Spider-Man 3 info
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4663

More than likely it will be VENOM! He has always been known as Spider-Man's greatest nemesis.

But unfortunately, in order to re-create the comic series there has to be a Cosmic Spider-man before Venom can exist.

I cant wait for the next spiderman to come out. Or even the next X-men or even the next Star wars. I guess im a sequel slut at heart.

Also Venom would be an awesome enemy for spiderman in the next movie. I remember from a while back (about 10 yrs ago) playing a spiderman game on mega drive i fink in the 5th lvl which we couldnt pass there was a sand guy. Forgot his name, but neways he would be cool as well.

I really hope I'm wrong but I think their teasing fans, and it's going to be the lizard. I would love to see venom in the next movie, but from what i've read he's owned by a different company. Then again the movies have made millions of dollars so we'll see. Anything is better than them going through the boring werewolf/john jameson arc.

djiang87 said:
I cant wait for the next spiderman to come out. Or even the next X-men or even the next Star wars. I guess im a sequel slut at heart.

Also Venom would be an awesome enemy for spiderman in the next movie. I remember from a while back (about 10 yrs ago) playing a spiderman game on mega drive i fink in the 5th lvl which we couldnt pass there was a sand guy. Forgot his name, but neways he would be cool as well.

"The Sandman"

sandman.gif

There is also "Rhino" as well if they wanna go old school.

rhino04.gif

I agree that Venom would be an amazing character, but Marvel may be thinking that he might just be TOO COOL to use this early in the Franchise. Considering that Spiderman is the most successful comic book movie franchise in history, I don't see them finishing it off after part 3. If they were to go with a villain as cool as Venom this early, it might be very difficult to follow up with other villains in subsequent films.

I mean, can you even imagine getting excited about Rhino or Sandman down the road after having already seen a showdown between Spidey and Venom?

Actually, if Sam Raimi was really smart..............He could make Spiderman 3 with Venom in it. And then immediately follow up with Spiderman 4 and have Carnage in it.

That way, you see Venom in both spider man movies!
And have a perfect way to combine the storylines.

lizardman is going to have to get worked in there somewhere. I heard rumblings of him being the guy in three. Venom would be nice for the 4th film.

what about harry osbourn as the green goblin???

how about shocker?
or electro?
or hydro?

I believe sam raimi was qouted saying he would never use Venom in the movies, as he was a bland character who did nothing but hiss and spit. then never liked the venom/carnage plotlines and veered more towards the failed mad scientist role. a "in the near future" aspect.

Whoever the villan is, I hope it isn't somebody who was involved in a lab accident. That story is fast getting old...

Peace

I had no desire to see spider man 2, but if they make venom or carnage or both spiderman's enemies in 3 I'll be watching. Carnage is especially wicked.

I was like 100% sure the next baddy was gonna be the Lizard. he was slightly mentioned in Spider Man 2, some other hard-core fan boys might have noticed.

Venom or Carnage in Spider Man 3? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

My bet is the Lizard with the Hobgoblin. they have to put an end to this Osborn arc finally.

Three More Spideys Planned
Studio wants six films in all.

May 04, 2005 - Spider-Man helmer Sam Raimi recently spoke with the SCI FI Wire website and revealed that Sony Pictures has plans to make a total of six films in the superhero franchise. Raimi even dropped that he might be willing to direct them all. He says, "I've heard Amy Pascal [chairman of Sony's motion picture group] say she wants to make six Spider-Man pictures. ... So I think she's a woman of her word. And if she says there'll be six, there'll be six. ... If they were to ask me, and if I felt as passionate as I feel now about the character and had this great hunger and desire to tell the story, which I really do now, you couldn't keep me away from it."

Raimi is currently in preproduction on Spider-Man 3, which he says will partially deal with Peter's emotional journey as he deals with the death of Uncle Ben. "The task that I had was to try and understand where he was when we last left him ... at the end of Spider-Man 2, trying to figure out what he lacked as a human being, as far as where he was immature and what he had not learned," Raimi said.

Sideways star Thomas Haden Church has joined the cast as the villain, but nobody's saying who that is yet. Raimi added, "We had to choose a villain that represented a proper obstacle in the path of that growth. He says the identity of the bad guy is being withheld until Sony and Marvel can make a big presentation for the fans."

Spider-Man 3 is set for a May 4, 2007 release. Production on the film is scheduled to begin early next year.

here

and I hope Tobey continues to stay on as Peter Parker. it just wouldn't be the same if they changed him like they did with Bruce Wayne.

I just can't wait for the introduction of the symbiotic suit. if they show it at all, that is.

Last edited: