• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

plugging dxm?

paperfan

Bluelighter
here's something from another forum, i was wondering if any you have experiences or could help me verify its validity:
My friend (non goon) just got finished explaining in an email how when one plugs DXM, the effects are vastly different. It seems he recently ran a little experiment by dissolving ~100 mg of DXM powder in water and injecting it into his anus by needleless syringe. According to him, it's a totally different experience this way, and such a small dose was more than enough to cause intense visual hallucinations.

Some of the most notable effects he described were:

1. Everything in the room looked like it was at an odd angle with everything else, and it 'felt' this way too.

2. When the lights were off he saw a large tree to the right of his TV set, which persisted whenever the lights were off. It was strangely realistic and he claims he later became delirious and thought he was watching TV in a forest.

3. We both experience a burning-freezing sensation in our spines on DXM orally, but this was absent when plugged. However, numbness and dissociation were present to some degree.

4. A complete lack of dizziness and nausea.

5. Double vision on par with a upper second plateau dose. He had to close one eye to watch TV.

I'm curious about how these effects manifested by merely changing the route of administration. He said it was like a whole new drug, one which he prefers over oral DXM, not just for it's apparent increase in potency but for the more pleasurable subjective effects.

My theory is that because DXM follows a different metabolic pathway when plugged and leads to higher ratios of DXM to DXO, and possibly doesn't metabolize at all into DXO. Hence the trip is totally different.

Well, has anyone experienced DXM this way? Can you back this guy up? The effects seem a little unbelievable to me considering the dosage.

Hmmm... I've long wondered about plugging DXM. I'm a bit afraid of having the ass burning of doom sensation... I have a feeling if any chemical would cause this for me, DXM would be the one.

Shove 40 maximum strength gel caps up your ass haha.

(Please don't take this seriously.)

i believe pluggin is one of the most absorbent methods of admin so that could have affected your trip.

How the fuck did you plug in all of that DXM? Wait, do I use like a cough syrup enema or something? NOW I'm interested.

uh i wasn't the one who did this.

i was wondering if any of you have tried it or if it's healthy/possible.

Tried it no.

"Healthy" - doubt it.

Possible, more than likely. You may be on to something about the lesser conversion of DXM to DXO though as putting it where it can be directly absorbed kind of eliminates a few protections of the body...

I've also wondered about this. How much water did it take to dissolve the 100mg DXM? Was it pure powder or an extract or something?

I might end up trying this someday, but I don't know...maybe I won't.

^ Don't make dosage reccomendations like that on here. Someone who doesn't know any better might actually do that, and for many people thats an insane dose.

I did not move this at first, as I thought someone might have information on whether or not the metabolism is any different this route.. but I think I'm going to move it to DB at this point.

Sorry, Fair point. But personally that aint that big a dose unless of course your drinking cough syrup

i ate 3 boxes of that CCC shit it was terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to do DXM, for christ's sake, don't use coricidin pills. You want to either get pure chemical, or buy a cough supressant where DXM (usually dextromethorphan HBr) is the only active ingrediant.

You don't want to end up in the ER while you're fried. Thats never fun.

ForTheRush said:
Hell why not shoot it if your gonna take it that far?

Because DXM isn't water soluble so you can't inject it. Bootybumping it would protect a lot of your inner organs, DXM is extremely hard on your digestive system, it's why a lot of people throw up after taking it.

If it's your first time take around 500mg's, and I suggest Robitussin Cough Gels. Take 2 pills every 5 minutes instead of the entire thing at once, your stomach will absorb more of it.

Charlie1900 said:
Sorry, Fair point. But personally that aint that big a dose unless of course your drinking cough syrup

PERSONALLY. 1000mg is the max most people should take....for a SUPER HEAVY TRIP

I would much more reccommend 300mg as a starting dose. And just the thought of squirting something up my ass isnt very appealing.

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to keep beating my "plugging drum" until everyone gets the picture... PLUG PLUG PLUG! It's only one life.

captainballs said:
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to keep beating my "plugging drum" until everyone gets the picture... PLUG PLUG PLUG! It's only one life.

Plugging is the way forward!

Now, is there any reason why I shouldn't plug? Will the DXM be absorbed because it isn't water soluble?

If the question goes unanswered for too long, I may have to experiment.

Go ahead and plug that shit. It's only dangerous if you inject DXM, because it isn't water soluble.