• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What movies affected you so much that you can't bear to watch them again

linusSL

Ex-Bluelighter
I have 2 movies that i just can't watch because i can not deal with the feelings that get stirred in me, or something to that effect. Don't get me wrong, i love these movies, but i get so sad or mad or both that i just can't watch.

1 - Turner & Hooch: i love that dog, i can't stand the fact that he has to die.

2 - Braveheart: Although i am Australian, i am first generation with proud Scottish heritage. My blood boils with this movie and i feel so desperatley sad for what happens to Sir William Wallace and his Bride Murron in this story.

Simon Birch- I don't think I've ever cried harder over a movie in my life. I loved the movie but I was traumatized over it :\

Irreversable: the rape scene is just too much for me

The Pianist: very difficult... especially during the loading of the trains scene

Lorenzos Oil. It just literally made me sick ...and i dont get sick watching any sort of movie at all. It was just so depressing and dark and i honestly had that kids face with the undereye circles in my head for a LONG time :X

^^Was gonna put "Requiem"-brilliant film,but brutally dark.
If ever there was an advert for not taking drugs this film is it.

Life is Beautiful- I didn't think I could cry so much in one movie.

gonzo.pete said:
^^Was gonna put "Requiem"-brilliant film,but brutally dark.
If ever there was an advert for not taking drugs this film is it.

i agree i watched it on a massive come down....bad idear ..i carn't watch it anymore even know i love it...its like looking at the sun..you know its bad for you but u still do it ..;)

"In the Company of Men" -- Good film, but it literally nauseated me, which I suppose was the point.

"Saving Private Ryan" -- A great film, but just too brutal for my tastes; the landing at Normandy and the stabbing scene later in the movie really scared the shit out of me. Never again.

"After the Promise" -- This was an 80s made-for-TV movie that I watched a few times as a kid. It has a (kind of) happy ending, but it truly is depressing. Not on my to-do list.

"Awakenings" -- Again, a great film that I nevertheless won't watch under my own steam again.

"Girl, Interrupted" -- I was surprised at how difficult this movie was to watch. Insanity and cruelty just hits too close to home.

"Thirteen" -- Glad I saw it. Made me think. Not going through it again.

These days, I won't watch any movie that I think will leave me psychologicall traumatized. :p

irreversible - that film fucked with my head in a way that no other film has and i've watched quite a few fucked up films...

Requiem for a Dream. Just thinking about it makes me uncomfortable.

I don't really know why, it's just the way they combined all the elements in the movie...truly disturbing.

MattPD said:
Requiem for a Dream. Just thinking about it makes me uncomfortable.

I don't really know why, it's just the way they combined all the elements in the movie...truly disturbing.

The dildo scene... *shudders*

the war zone....

Trivia: At a public screening of this movie during the 1999 Toronto International Film Festival, one viewer was so upset and devastated that he rose to his feet and shouted that he couldn't take any more, then headed for the exit, intending to pull the fire alarm. Tim Roth, who was in attendance, intercepted him at the door, and it took 20 minutes of intense conversation to calm the man down.
also...
house of sand and fog

2 of the most depressing movies ever, although the war zone takes it to another level by throwin in some incest, both great movies tho, but not ones ill be looking to rent again anytime soon.

Last edited:
purple haze

another one thats just soooo depressing, thank god it isnt on dvd or video, if you ever see it on tv listings, dont watch it unless u want to feel shitty for about a month, lol

I watched some B-grade movie about the Manson Family the other day when I was coming down (MDMA).

Needless to say I don't think I'll watch that again. Has anyone found that sometimes b-grade horror films are the worst?

Passion of the Christ... I don't care about religion, it's the scourging I can live without.

audition.

i have no need to ever see that again, or to share it with anyone else. it's cool that i made it through it, but i don't want to ever see it again. no.