• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Heroin: powder or tar?

axl blaze

Bluelighter
what do you specifically prefer when it comes to heroin? tar or the powder form (either the china white or brown powder)? what are the pros and cons of either? is one cheaper than the other?

I'm not from the U.S., where most tar is sold, so I have no personal experience with it. However, from reading this forum for a couple of years I have gathered that black tar is generally not likely to be as pure as a truly good powder.

HOWEVER... and there is always a however, a lot of powder is cut to shit, so in essence most powder wouldn't necessarily be better than tar, but if you get truly fine shit odds are it's going to be powder.

Does that make sense? :)

--- G.

black tar results from crude processing methods. but either can be cut to reduce potency.

but what do you care? didn't you say that IV heroin has no rush?

Last edited:
Tar or powder, it doesn't matter. Purity is the only thing that matters and there is some pretty pure tar and also some pretty pure powder. Prices usually vary on purity, but usually both tar and powder are sold in 100mg bags which are sold anywhere from $10-$20. There is no real difference between tar and powder as far as the high goes. Its all just regional, most shit on the west is tar because all the tar comes from Mexico.

I've never had tar. The only shit that is available in Baltimore area is powder; which is usually brown/tannish color. Very good purity in the city.

I have two connects: china white powder and black tar straight from the Mexican mafia. I do not understand some of the aforementioned that powder is more potent than tar, this tar from the Mexican dealers I get is POTENT (coming from an opiate user with one hell of a tolerance) and is relatively speaking cheaper than the powder (I usually have to do a .4 for bag shot of the powder to get me fucked up). and the powder I get is not cut, surprisngly. it beautifully dissolves right in water, never had to heat it up.

I would personally take tar any day. and was that "you claim IV H has no rush" comment made to me?

sorry, i confused you with CreativeRandom. i remember him or someone else posting a buncha bullshit about how heroin doesn't give any sort of rush, while ritalin was supposedly amazing.

but just so you know, tar can just as easily be cut to shit. and just because a powder completely dissolves doesn't mean it hasn't been cut with anything. it just means it was cut with something water soluble, which is how people usually do it anyway. and also pure heroin is a powder. tar usually has some organic material left in it from the original plant resin i think.

Last edited:
in my limited experience tar is usually cheaper than powder of similar potency. because of geography all i get now is tar.
the cons to tar for me is that it is harder to cook up a decent sized shot cause it doesn't dissolve as easily. and the resulting solution can be so dark that it is hard to see when you register. but these are really pretty minor issues.
as far as highs and rushes go-heroin is heroin.

thursday said:
sorry, i confused you with CreativeRandom. i remember him or someone else posting a buncha bullshit about how heroin doesn't give any sort of rush, while ritalin was supposedly amazing.

but just so you know, tar can just as easily be cut to shit. and just because a powder completely dissolves doesn't mean it hasn't been cut with anything. it just means it was cut with something water soluble, which is how people usually do it anyway. and also pure heroin is a powder. tar usually has some organic material left in it from the original plant resin i think.

wow, just when I thought I knew everything about the heroin universe you come out and post this. tons of shit I didn't know.

no problem about the confusion.

i forgot to mention what is arguably the biggest downside to tar--
its wretched stench.

in england we get brown powder,which when melted on foil,turns to a solid,brown tar.when heated,it melts and runs again.sorry if this is a daft question,but could the tar you get just be brown heroin that has been melted and changed to what we call a 'beetle'?

the tar i've gotten looked more like slightly reddish obsidian. it was really smooth and shiny and very pliable. the smell and taste of it was reminiscent of opium/poppies also. but perhaps taste/smell varies.

in my experience tar usually fuckin REEKS of vinegar(acetic anhydride).

yea, that's what i've heard from a lot of other people on this board as well. the tar i got was from santa barbara(probably from mexico originally tho).

In Arizona all we got is tar heroin, I've found that the lighter brown shit seems more potent than the really dark shit. I'll get lucky once and awhile and get some amber color tar which is incredible. I can't compare to powder because there ain't any down here.

yeah, that amber shit is SO good. Thats all i can usually find in mexico. Though when i was up in san fran, thats all i saw as well. California has lots of amber in my experience.

tick said:
in my experience tar usually fuckin REEKS of vinegar(acetic anhydride).

yeah all the tar I get is very strong smelling of vinegar. so much that if you are incredibly sick and you take a whiff or taste of it will fuck your stomach up and send it in turmoil.

Differences...

Those that have heard all this before please bear with me...The textbook definition of heroin is as a white, odorless, crystalline powder. The majority of the world's users do not have access to pharm. grade product though and have to make do with illicit supplies.This is where the confusion [for some] comes in. Most illicit heroin is classified as two grades: #3 and #4. #3 is manufactured for amoking and is made in Sw and SE Asia. It usually is admixed with caffeine and other substances at the point of distribution. The caffeine is to make it suitable for smoking as it has a lower melting point than heroin, allowing less heroin to degrade under heat. In addition, in #3 from SE Asia, you will usually find strychnine in small percentages as a flavoring agent, as well as quinine and often a sedative to potentiate the experience [most often Barbitone]. This heroin is brown to grey if it comes from SE Asia but brown if it comes from SW Asia as they do not normally add any sedatives that would cause a lighter color.

#4 is produced in SE Asia and is white in color, close in appearance to pharm. grade. This heroin is used primarily for injection but can be insufflated as well. It cannot be smoked effectively though.

Columbian heroin [the majority of powder heroin in the US] is brown to snow white but is not officially classified as either #3 or #4. Even if brown, it is made for injectionor insufflation, not smoking.

Lastly, in the world of illicit heroin there is "Tar." this is produced only in Mexico and is relly only found in the southern and western halves of the US. This owes its distinctive appearance to its producers omitting 2 of the major steps in the heroin production scheme. They take processed opium and directly acetylate it...thus making heroin without first making morphine [as other producers do].

All forms of illicit heroin can be adulterated and tar is always impure due to its poor synthesis. People sometimes feel that tar is superior due to its distinctive appearance [gummy] rendering it resistant to adulteration or dilution. That is a false notion. You can adulterate it in a number of ways. most are admittedly crude and easy to detect [coffee, mollasses, prunes] but it can also be heavily diluted with lactose by converting the tar to liquid admixing carmelized lactose and reconstituting the new mixture, the user never the wiser.

In strictly chemist's terms, brown is always less pure than white because the brown coloring is due to colred impurities that can be easily removed via activated charcoal or other means. Still, one can find brown or white that are purer than each other...it comes down to a crap shoot.

^^^^yeah I also have pretty much concluded that color don't mean shit......I've gotten white H that I had to do almost a half gram to get off....I've also gotten shit that LOOKED like scramble garbage, but got me perfectly jammed off of a few bags....

thursday said:

LOL! What a ridiculous statement!
I do not travel frequently so I have only used powder. If given the opportunity I would definitely try tar because I am curious.