Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Arguing with people

GillyWin

Bluelighter
Argueing with people

I don't usually argue that much with people .. but I'm not an all agreeing saint. If i have something to say, and my point is valid i will say it. Usually i only say things that I'm fairly sure about, i don't like being wrong.

Obviously you can notice patterns in times when you may be more prone to argue with people, and what the arguements may be about. Obviously what you see as an arguement .. may only be a disscusion to others involved.

What was your most recent arguement?
Did you win?
Any tactics you'd like to share?

I generally like to let the other person know that i am very knowledgable on what I'm argueing about and that their persisting arguement will be fought against. Scare tactics perhaps?

I like doing the best i can to make people see my point, while letting them know first off that i understand completely the point they are making.

*sticks his fingers in his ears* "La la la la la la la la la la "

Never lost an argument.

I love to argue!!!! I will start arguements just for the fun of it. Usually I'm bent when I do this tho but sometimes I will totally agree with someone but pretend like I disagree just to argue :D

The last decent arguement I had was last week I think. A friend at work went to some hippie crap seminar about how modern day farming practices "bind up your trace elements" thats why everyone gets sick. And that's why people get cancer. Sure, blame the farmers, why not. I'm a scientist so I love to argue against hippie crap =D

Note- No offence intended to hippie's ;)

^^^^^ That is the biggest load of crap man.........seriously, you just have no idea at all. You like to think you know it all but in actual fact you know absolutely nothing.

Oh yes i have seen your lot before, puffing and spouting and spouting and puffing..........and where has it got you???? What have you achieved........SFA mate.......Sweet Fanny Adams.
Running at the mouth about stuff you really have no idea about and pushing your point of view so forcefully that everyone is dead set shit scared to go against you.

Oh yes, I have seen the like of you before and I abhor you. Oh and by the way.........your mother wears army boots.

I can't even remember the last time I had an argument with someone... it's not my style... I avoid conflict like the plague ;)

I love a good arguement. Generally, when I hold an opinion on something, I hold it because I believe that it's the right one for specific reasons. So when I argue about it I put these reasons forward to match them up against the other persons reasons for believing something different.

When I argue, I have been known to put my point across fairly forcefully, which can scare some people off, but if someone can prove to me that their point of view is more vaild, then I will quite cheerfully change my opinion based of the belief that I have now found a better one.

I hate argueing with people who don't have any good reason for their point of view. I find that it's normally the people who have the least reason to believe something who are the people least willing to accept a new, possibly more valid, point of view.

Having said all of that, I argue with people to learn, not to force my opinion on others. Apart from "topical debates" I avoid conflict in all other areas of my life, I don't fight with people, and if I get the sense that there is real aggression involved I will generally do everything I can to de-fuse the situation

MazDan said:
^^^^^ That is the biggest load of crap man.........seriously, you just have no idea at all. You like to think you know it all but in actual fact you know absolutely nothing.

Oh yes i have seen your lot before, puffing and spouting and spouting and puffing..........and where has it got you???? What have you achieved........SFA mate.......Sweet Fanny Adams.
Running at the mouth about stuff you really have no idea about and pushing your point of view so forcefully that everyone is dead set shit scared to go against you.

Oh yes, I have seen the like of you before and I abhor you. Oh and by the way.........your mother wears army boots.

That is fucking GOLD!

But it seems to me that you are the one forcefully pushing your point of view onto me :X Running my mouth about stuff I have no idea about? I know my Mum doesn't wear army boots! She wears flippers most of the time.
You think you are oh so holier than thou getting on your computer speaking crap about people you haven't met.........
Oh yes, I have seen the like of you before and I abhor you. Oh and by the way.........your mother wears a jesters hat

On a more serious note, I completely agree with the below. I'm exactly the same. If someone can convince me of their opinion I am very happy to adopt it and feel like I have learned something.

Pop Popavich said:
When I argue, I have been known to put my point across fairly forcefully, which can scare some people off, but if someone can prove to me that their point of view is more vaild, then I will quite cheerfully change my opinion based of the belief that I have now found a better one.

I hate argueing with people who don't have any good reason for their point of view. I find that it's normally the people who have the least reason to believe something who are the people least willing to accept a new, possibly more valid, point of view.

Having said all of that, I argue with people to learn, not to force my opinion on others. Apart from "topical debates" I avoid conflict in all other areas of my life, I don't fight with people, and if I get the sense that there is real aggression involved I will generally do everything I can to de-fuse the situation

nickyj said:
That is fucking GOLD!

But it seems to me that you are the one forcefully pushing your point of view onto me :X Running my mouth about stuff I have no idea about? I know my Mum doesn't wear army boots! She wears flippers most of the time.
You think you are oh so holier than thou getting on your computer speaking crap about people you haven't met.........
Oh yes, I have seen the like of you before and I abhor you. Oh and by the way.........your mother wears a jesters hat

:) ;) =D :D

Actually its my mum what wears army boots:(

^^^ Oh go ahead, be my guest. Everyone else has and still does........lol.

Actually it would sort of feel weird if u didnt.

Hell even i laugh at me.

If this was your head, u would laugh at u to............lol.

Now you're telling me when I should laugh? It just never ends with people like you does it? Always have to be controlling every aspect of other peoples lives to make up for your own inadequencies......

Oh absolutely. Actually Im quite impressed that you have finally figured it out..........your Mum told me you had a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock.
Man, I have been controlling you like a puppet ever since you first set foot in bluelight.
You see parasites like you need controlling. In fact not only do you need controlling but you actually crave it.........although your pea sized brain would never have worked that out for itself of course.

Oh and one last thing........Up your hole with a mellow roll.

You can't control parasites!!!!! Unless you use some kind of medication. And I'm all for that.

Yeah, I've got a few spare kangaroos. You never know when your fav will die, then I'd have nothing to ride to work each day. Then I'd be fucked. So yeah, word up to having a spare kangaroo or 2

back on topic....

they say, "never argue with a fool... he will drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience"

but seriously, i have two tactics when arguing...

the first is if i value the person i am arguing with.... i look for their side of the story, see what they are wanting to achieve by arguing with me... i then weigh up and see if i can make any concessions that will keep them happy, without putting myself out.. if this can happen, then excellent, the end of the fight.... if this doesnt help, i will try and help them see my side of the picture, and why i am disagreeing with them, and then try to work with them to find a solution.....

its all about empathy and mutuality....

but...

if i couldnt give a shit about the person i am arguing with, i will find their emotional weak spot, and hit it... hit it very fucking hard... usually ends up with them either crying or trying to hit me...

nicky & MazDan, get a room. :p ;)

I try not to get into arguments generally. I'm a pretty open-minded person most of the time, so I generally find it really easy to see both sides of an argument...I usually find myself being the person who moderates arguments rather than the person who argues.

My problem however is that once I am angry enough to want to argue a point, it usually means I've lost my temper...which means all the empathy and intellect goes out the window, and I generally end up doing one of two things:
  • Stopping it all before things go too far and doing the "let's just agree to disagree" thing so that while I may lose all respect for the person, at least we can get about our lives, OR..
  • Ending up hurling abuse at them, at which point my caring friends drag me away before I hurt somebody else or wind up being beaten to a pulp.

i love love love arguments. constantly start them, constantly look for them, constantly try to join in when i find other people having them.

conflict is fun =D

^^ giving CLAWS instead of arguing doesnt count.

can i argue that GillyWin should use dictionary.com before making forum thread titles?

NOTE: forum thread title has been changed since i pointed this out.

^^^ no, 'cause i already edited it. and claws are fun. keep the thread on topic or i'll claws you again :D

note: pity da fool ^^^

Last edited: