• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Arguing with people

Come on give me a break.

I ran a spell check on that post last night and in the state i was in the us dictionary was giving me the shits. After changing all my spelling i changed it back.

I will bookmark dictionary.com and take that as constructive criticism and thank you for you input preacha.

I find the best way to argue is to agree with some part of what the other party is trying to say. Conceding a little bit of ground at the beginning usually means they're more receptive to accepting your ideas at the end.

I hate arguing cause I always back down and even if I know I am right I give up because it pisses me off too much.I would be a shit politician but a good doormat!

Originally posted by Macksta
I find the best way to argue is to agree with some part of what the other party is trying to say. Conceding a little bit of ground at the beginning usually means they're more receptive to accepting your ideas at the end.

trying to remain as objective and level headed as possible is probably going to increase your chances at winning out in any argument i agree.

i dont love to argue but i will and i have.

when i was younger i used to argue constantly with my parents (my dad especially) now not so much.... but they are on the other side of the world so that may help ;)

basically i'm all for fairness and truth. there is absolutely nothing that i cant stand so much as when someone will resort to lying just for the sake of winning an argument. cheeses me off so bad, grrrr.

i used to get into arguments with me ex purly for the make up sex afterwards

i love a good debate but hate it when it degenerates into a slinging match
unforchunatly thats how an argument with my girl ended last night
sorted it al out in the end but was prity nasty for a bit

Well - l - u - c - e - and I argue constantly. But most of the time it's me and her Vs. another person. No bastard talks about me behind my back Were currently in the process of fighting with a person cause he's a pain in the ass. Too many details to explain... But were taking him out if he keep's his shit up!

Excuse me if I sound like a psycho. 8)

codez_raver said:
Well - l - u - c - e - and I argue constantly. But most of the time it's me and her Vs. another person. No bastard talks about me behind my back Were currently in the process of fighting with a person cause he's a pain in the ass. Too many details to explain... But were taking him out if he keep's his shit up!

Excuse me if I sound like a psycho. 8)

Oh Yeah this cunts gonna go down! I dont care what it takes! :X

i lurve a good argument - well probably more of a debate..as they are less or a personal attack...ill even play the "devil's advocate" in order to get a good, stimulating conversation happening :)

However in a "real" argument, i have found the best tactic is NOT to raise your voice - keeping your voice lowered and controlled achieves a lot more and tends to make the other person listen, rather than it turning into a competition as to who has the loudest voice - by remaining Cool.Calm and Collected is definitely the way to go :) it tends to feel like you are communicating with the other party rather than arguing/fighting :)

I'm a fan of arguing for good reason, (you definately think they are wrong and you are right), but when personal attacks come into play, that's just silly....

^^^ Agreed. In any disagreement you know someone is out of valid points to support their aurgument when they resort to personal attacks.

When that starts, it's generally a good time to exit the argument, normally safe in the knowledge that you had the stronger point. ;)

It depends on the sort of argument I would be entering. For example If I was to come across a fool who randomly starts insulting me but doesn't actually know me at all, I will not react and "defend" myself because their words carry no weight as they doesn't know me and are thus not worth my time and effort.

I will enter arguments about topics that I have an interest in, when people seem to have valid reasons for their point of view, and will listen to them if they go about voicing their opinions in a civil manner. I'm not afraid to offer my own. I'm also quite happy to agree to disagree or admit that they opened my mind to something I'd never thought of before. I can't stand people who always have to be right.

It takes something really extreme from someone to irritate me to the point that I can't stand it anymore and have to say something to them, leading to an argument. I prefer not to start fights as most often you say more than you intend to in the heat of the moment and regretting it later can be too late. But then, I can't keep my mouth shut when someone is being unfair and I really believe in standing up for what you feel is right, but doing it in a cool and collected way (which of course, doesn't always happen).

I don't argue with people unless they totally deserve it and are acting like an arse.

I am a very emotional person and cry at the drop of a hat so I avoid confruntation as much as possible. I hate fighting or argueing with anyone cause the fight just plays over and over in my head for ever. On the other hand I dont mind a good debate if its about a topic that im interested in.