Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters
In my opinion the season began strong but it's been a slow burn since the episode where Paulie and Vito rob the apartment. With only a couple episodes left there doesn't seem to be much room for any new story arcs. The season finale will most likely be a good indicator of what the 8 bonus episodes have to offer.

The bonding scene between Chris and Tony was refreshing, although seeing Chrissy nodding in the park after shooting up was a little unsettling, let's hope he can keep the needle out of his arm.

odds are chris is gonna get himself in a lot more trouble with the dope, i cant believe he was dumb enough to nod at the fair. Them stealing the wine was an awesome scene, im left wondering though, is there some reason they didnt take the atm too, do those things have like tracking tools/ink bombs in them or something else that would make it undesirable?

If you get pulled over with wine in the back it's easy to explain. Try telling a cop you just bought an ATM.

For what it's worth, I remember reading in USA Today that the creators of the show wanted the "theme" for this season to be disillusionment with the mob life. As I've seen it, this season has kept up with that thread: Tony mellowing out (a little) after getting shot, Johnny Sack as Tony's jailed alter ego, Vito being forced to choose between a clean slate and his old life (and possible death if he returns), and on and on. So, I think this season is intended to flesh out the characters a little more. The final eight next year will probably be bombshells.

I could not stop laughing in the scene where Tony & Chris were stealing the wine, then after Chris shot him he's like "I hit him, I fucken hit him!" then as they're driving off all you hear is Chris "Fuuck Youu!" :D

That last episode was straight up fucking lame, i'm so tired of this gay shit. Big Love did a better job of keeping my attention.

this vito/johnny cakes angle is getting pretty damn old. they only have so many hours left for the series and they're going to waste so much damn time showing vito living a gay life in some podunk new hampshire town? thank god he finally split last week, but goddamn....

^
Completely agree. The Vito side-plot is sort of interesting but it's not half as interesting as the stuff going on back in Jersey. More than half of the last episode was devoted to Vito which is way,way too much. The whole plot reeks of some producer saying "the audience will love the gay gangster thing - being gay is so in right now" or similar. They're really overplaying it. It also seemed like they threw that execution to show that "behind it all, Vito is still a hard-core gangster". Anyway, It's pretty clear to me that Vito is going to wind up dead or gone for good in the next episode or two.

The episode was lacklustre and even a little bit boring overall. Jonny Sac's sentencing was pretty much a non-event and the rest of the ep. was spent with Carmella and Tony's sister bitching about their problems - more Desperate Housewives than Sopranos! :\

I'm not an avid reader of fiction, so I'll proffer just this:

As far as television and motion pictures go . . .

. . . The Sopranos (INCLUDING this PHENOMENAL sixth season - in my opinion, there's enough material and enough creative talent involved so that if the powers that be wanted to do so, this Godliness could remain at this Shawshank-Pulp-Fiction-Godfather greatness level (or perhaps even a higher level) for another ten to fifteen seasons.

As I have obvioulsy made abundantly clear from the above paragraph and from earlier posts, it is my opinion that The Sopranos is BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS the highest level entertainment in the history of entertainment (other than perhaps Shawshank/PulpFiction/Godfather/Godfather II).

I hope they pull it out of the fire in the last 2 episodes. Eitherway Deadwood starts soon enough, Cocksucker!

At the risk of offending the unbelievably talented Mr. Gandolfini (Best Dramatic Actor In The History Of Television By Leaps And Bounds, In My Opinion) I wish that Marlon Brando was in his prime right now, and that he would be willing to accept a meager fee to play Tony.

Well its official the sixth season SUCKED they coulda shrunk that entire season into 2 episodes and then added all the good stuff that I was hoping to see.

I realize that I guess they were trying to go in a different direction or something but they should have known this is not what their audience wanted to see. And I am dissappointed.

Hey at least Entourage starts next week! lets hope they didnt fuck that up!

The only thing missing at the end of the episode was some kid with crutches saying, "And God bless us, each and every one!"

Actually, I thought the episode was pretty good. [minor spoiler] The moment between Tony and Phil was surprising, touching, and profound, and I'm really, *really* glad they filmed it. The subplot between Chris and Julianna was almost as interesting.

I can't wait for all the bitching and moaning to start about how much this season sucked. 8)

It's up there as one of my favorites, that for sure. If you're looking for gratuitous violence, something the show has never really been about, why don't you go rent an action flick? Schwarzenegger has a pretty huge back catalog. :p