PDA

View Full Version : TV: American Idol

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

randycaver
19-01-2004, 19:03
YAY! The new season starts tonight. I am excited :) I can't wait to see all the rejects auditions.

I read on CNN that the judges think the females are better so far, and they think a female will be the Idol this year....

so, hopefully we can all discuss all the fun stuff that happens in this thread :) fun stuff: making fun of all the bad singers!

Edit: If you don't like this show, please take your negative opinions elsewhere. I am well-aware that plenty of people don't like the show. That's well and good. Your negative opinion won't help this thread at all, so please, if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all. I don't think that's a rough request, but of course, we will have people who just have to interject their negative opinion, thinking everyone must know it.

teknohero
19-01-2004, 19:47
this show sucks. how can people still watch this crap? after the first couple years of novelty wear off, do you really expect these people to still be around in the music buisness in say 5 years? in the era of one hit wonders, i don't see clay or rueben being around 4 or 5 years from now. and whats happened to that chick who won the first one? she had a movie that tanked bad, and shes stuck doing crappy talk shows like sharon osbourne.

take this pile of crap off the air!

randycaver
19-01-2004, 19:49
Thanks for your negative opinion. It's not really wanted here.

This thread is about fun stuff, not your dislike. If you want to start a thread hating it, be my guest.

I'm not going to defend my liking of it here, or anywhere else.

teknohero
19-01-2004, 20:27
the threads titled american idol not what randycaver wants to hear. this is america, i can post my opinions and viewpoints about any topic on the board. if you don't want to hear opinions, move to china.

like what you want, thats yer opinion, but if something isn't to your liking, then don't try to shut it out.

randycaver
19-01-2004, 21:07
I'd like to keep this thread on topic. The topic is American Idol fun stuff, not teknohero's negative opinion of the show.

teknohero
19-01-2004, 21:10
no the topic is american idol 3. therefore i being a member of the board and under the guidlines of the board can post my opinions and viewpoints concerning american idol.

randycaver
19-01-2004, 21:12
Yes, there will always be people like you.

thanks for ruining my thread, instantly!

Mysterier
19-01-2004, 21:20
i want to see it too. I love people's expressions when they've just been told they suck.

michael
19-01-2004, 21:34
off topic: fox bumped a 9 year old blind kid from singing the national anthem before the nfc championship game so rueben could hype up american idol some more.

yep, a friggin blind kid. congratulations on reaching a new low.

shannabanana
19-01-2004, 21:38
I will watch the show because I find it amusing. (edit: I will not be sucked in)

teknohero
19-01-2004, 22:43
radycaver i hope you don't take your my opinion is all that matters attitude into the real world with you. you won't make it far like that.

i simply stated this show sucks ass imo. end of discussion. if you can't let it go, thats pretty sad.

randycaver
19-01-2004, 22:49
Originally posted by teknohero
radycaver i hope you don't take your my opinion is all that matters attitude into the real world with you. you won't make it far like that.

i simply stated this show sucks ass imo. end of discussion. if you can't let it go, thats pretty sad.

i hope that you don't go into life assuming that things like that. If you do, you won't make it far yourself.

I hate that I have to address what you said, but I will.

My opinion is far from all that matters. I barely gave an opinion in this thread. But I did ask for something in this thread, and what I hope that it will be. If you choose to take from it that "my opinion is the only one that matters" then go ahead, but you're wrong.

How hard is it to keep your opinion to yourself if it isn't what the thread asks for? It shouldn't be that difficult. But, of course, people always have to come in, and shit on it just because they "can".

teknohero
19-01-2004, 22:59
your ORIGINAL post asked what people thought, i gave you my thoughts. when that didn't sit well with you, you EDITED your post.

[edited ad-hom. please ensure you read and understand the forum guidelines before you post again]

randycaver
19-01-2004, 23:15
uhhhhh. i never asked "what do you guys think?"
or anything like that. I added to my post, I didn't edit it.

MynameisnotDeja
20-01-2004, 02:53
I agree, let this thread be for the people who LOVE American Idol (including ME!) and if you all have a problem with it then start an American Idol hate thread. It just makes it cleaner that way and makes for less arguments (not tryin to be a mod, just my opinion, LOL)
As for American Idol, I am super excited about it. I was waaayyyy into last season, I voted for Clay from the very begining, although I thought Reuben was good too. YAY I can't wait to see it tonight! :D :D
ANd RandyCaver some of us really love ya, don't let random Bluelight hatred get ya down!
*Hugz*

chibi
20-01-2004, 19:47
I've never been a fan of the show but I did catch the premier last night and I can feel myself getting sucked in. I'm sure I"ll tune in next week.
I felt kinda bad for some of the folks. Like the scat girl. Yeah she sucked but she seemed to take the rejection well. Unlike that chick who bet Simon money that half the people in a bar wouldn't leave if she sang. She's just straight up embarassing herself.

RollNRave
20-01-2004, 20:54
I'd say teknohero's third post is correct - it should have been titled American Idol 3: Appreciation thread. That said, I won't clutter your thread with Idol bashing ;)

DarkSkys
20-01-2004, 23:38
Haha you people and your opinons... lol
I do admit that I enjoy the show too. The best is watching those HOORRRIBBBBLLEEE singer actually get up on stage and believe they have a chance. I mean com'on... my dog's bark sound better than them.

You guys ever seen that one chinese dude... mad respect for his courage, but damn.... what was he thinking. I was laughing so hard.

wanderlust
21-01-2004, 03:36
respect randycaver's wishes that this be a non-negative thread.
if you want to bash it open your own thread and call it something like american idol: the negative side or american idol: i think this show sucks

i am not taking sides but she specifically asked now for no negativity
thanks

bong420tripper
21-01-2004, 05:59
I'm not a huge fan of the show, but this show managed to maneuver its way onto my television after Seinfeld tonight. I let it stay on for a while and it was just painful to watch some of this bumbling morons. Do they really think they are going to be a big hit?? lol. Their parents must be very reassuring =D

I hope the attractive black women named Lekita or whatever wins. She was very pretty. Sadly, I'll never watch the show again. Keep me updated Owi-Lay.

Benefit
21-01-2004, 07:43
Actually, I think those atrocious singers get exactly what they are after: their face on tv.

Trippies
21-01-2004, 18:12
heheh yeah to be honest i'm not the biggest fan of the show overall, but i LOOOOVE watching the idiots that go out there and are just simply awful, that has to have such great ratings, people get SOOO pissed when they find out they fuckin SUCK. I think some of them (think the guy who sang like a virgin last season) do it on purpose just to look like idiots and be funny on tv, though according to the people on the show thats not the case.

beautifly
22-01-2004, 20:19
I am a die hard fan of American Idol!!!! I love it, I'm so happy u do to! K all u other people who don't like it....go away. I hope it's a girl this year....i take you watched the first two. The people from New York this year.....too funny.

Oh ya, remember the girl in the cadet suit. She really had a nice voice, she was a little quarky, do you know who i'm talking about? They didn't send her to hollywood! poor thing. aNYWAYS....did you find their were a lot of struggling actors....trying to get noticed this year? That chinese guy..lol remember. I tape all the shows ok! I'm gonna send a copy to teknohero!!!!! hehehe.

randycaver
22-01-2004, 21:06
lol, im not sure if he'd like that,;)

i hope its a girl this year too :)

michael
22-01-2004, 21:09
i am convinced most of the people who get shown get exactly what they are after - humilliation on national tv.

michael
22-01-2004, 21:16
i lost 80 pounds to get here!

beautifly
23-01-2004, 00:07
i love the fact that some people actually think they have a nice voice. I'm actually Canadian, I wanted to try out for Canadian Idol but I am to old...the cut off age is 26...i'm 28 boo hoo....i love 2 sing!

rah
23-01-2004, 01:56
so many people get dared or payed to go on these shows for laughs when the dvd's come out, hell i'd do it if i didn't have a job

MynameisnotDeja
23-01-2004, 04:44
You know...I honestly wish they showed more auditions...I think they shouldn't show the stupid shit like when that girl gave her scooter away on the street (which was so obviously staged) and just show audition after audition, the whole time. I hate all the other crap...
I think the auditions have been rather weak this season so far...but there is still next week and I'm not sure if there is a week after that of more auditions..I dun think so..
The funniest part so far was the guy who threw the water on Simon..not the throwing of the water but the guys voice was sooo disturbing..
I didn't like when that one girl sang and Paula got up and walked out, saying how she was "effected" or whatever..then she was saying she was annoying..I was glad Randy let her through..that girl was hot and had a great voice. Paula acted like a bitch that day...maybe because she was getting sick, I dunno.
I'm looking forward to more funny auditions next week!

DarkSkys
23-01-2004, 05:33
Let be honest now, that girl was pretty fake. Paula knew what she was talking about when she called her "effected." She did act alittle silly when Simon insulted her yo-ing. She had no personality and look like the typically Britney Spear wannabe.

She a good singer tho, and deserved to move on.

beautifly
23-01-2004, 06:00
ya i know, she was kinda geeky now that i think about it.
I also loved those twins...lol remember? randy was like in pain! The auditions are the best. I heard there was a a world idol...has anyone heard anything about that. I think all the winning idols compete against each other.

DarkSkys
23-01-2004, 08:40
Here a GREATTTTT IDEAAA...

Get all of the rejects and have a competition as American 's Worst Singer.

Million Dollar idea on Bluelight for free...

L O V E L I F E
24-01-2004, 10:27
^^^^^^^

Nick Lachey already has a show.

DarkSkys
24-01-2004, 10:50
^^^^

Who is Nick Lachey... and what the name of the show..

TypeRLotus
25-01-2004, 11:15
i loove watchin the auditions. i crack up every time. i lose interest when the actual contest begins, but i always tune back in for the end to see who wins. :)

and btw, i can't believe they let scooter girl in and didn't take the "i'm the worst at everything in the army" girl in....hmmp!

Charlie Brown
25-01-2004, 15:49
[edited: i will not attack a poster personally again if i want to continue posting here]

as for american idol its one kick arse show not as good as australian idol but still entertaining...it makes me wonder though out off all the people in the USA they had to pick that dickwad Clay and the fat arse Reubin (no offence to him!!) and Kelly Clarkson (not that good)..wheres the real package?

Go the Fro :)

afcone
25-01-2004, 17:07
On behalf of the British nation I would like to apologise for exporting Pop Idol to other countries. ;)

michael
25-01-2004, 22:24
you damn cultural imperialists!

(actually i'm a lot more upset about that fucking weakest link show)

Dionysius
26-01-2004, 12:11
Who was that HOT blonde guy and where can I find pics :o

MynameisnotDeja
29-01-2004, 20:13
What was up with Randy last night? That girl...the one who had the "Simon" shirt on...she sang really, really well. I thought it was bullshit that they didn't let her through. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK? They let other people through that were not half as good as that girl. It was so sad to see her come out to her friends and family who were obviously TOTALLY expecting her to make it through to Hollywood..which she SHOULD have...but yeah...I thought that one really fat chick sang well too...and they didn't let her through...it's like WHAT, a big fat GUY can get the American Idol title, but a big WOMAN doesn't even make it to HollywooD? Fuck that....that girl sang really well...fuck the judges...I think they are doing a terrible job this season and just being all around assholes..not just SImon either...

~winter moonlight~
10-03-2004, 04:11
Ok, I hate to admit I watch this, but..........I do. (Don't have cable, not much else on.)

I don't actually call in or vote, but there is one guy I am pulling for: John Stevens (the red head)
I will vote for him next time he performs.
His voice reminds of me of Frank Sinatra mixed with Paul McCartney. Very awesome and unique.

So who is your favorite?

MissYrotica
10-03-2004, 12:24
^^
I got my bf to watch the show and he likes that red headed guy too. He says he sounds like Morrissey.

I tune in to see the embarrasing moments in the first few episodes, then if I'm at home or something I'll turn it on but... I don't have a favorite. Just whoever strikes me as good that day. Ya know?
PLUS it's always kind of fun (in an evil way) to see how Simon will respond to the contestants.

MynameisnotDeja
16-03-2004, 02:21
Well it's down to the final 12!!!

Who is everyone voting for? (if you ARE watching and voting of course)

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/jon_peter_lewis/index.htm

^ I think he is cute and hot beyond words..my type exactly, down to his cute little tooth gap...and he has a good voice. I want to do dirty things with him all night long. Therefor he gets my vote!

Mysterier
19-03-2004, 04:34
I hate American Idol, it was good the first two years, now i'm tired of it.

MynameisnotDeja
19-03-2004, 04:44
This thread is for pro-american idol people, as stated in the origional post..but I respect your opinion anyways..

My guy made it into the final 11! YAY!

shannabanana
19-03-2004, 21:09
^^Who's your guy? I like the guy who dances! His dancing is too funny!

.dR spgeddi
04-04-2004, 17:56
fantasia is still in?

Charlie Brown
05-04-2004, 05:14
Is this the best singers in the whole of America ?

Pathetic Amercian Idol sucks to the max!!! go Camile the only chick worth watching but she sucks at singing and performing. George ?? Pen salemans ?? Latoya ?? man they got some crap talent in the US.

Popstars on the other hand which screens in OZ and going head to head with American Idol!!! all I can say is Australian Idol has way better talent

MynameisnotDeja
05-04-2004, 19:45
^ Ew..go away!

I love American Idol...I'm voting for JPL..hot beyond words..but yah..I thought it was stupid how amy got voted off last week..she was much better than some of the others..

SlayerFairy
08-04-2004, 16:34
I'm not diggin how people are voting on who they like not who they think is talented.

THey better get rid of that red-headed guy because his voice has no quality to it. He flat out SUCKS!