• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

E And The Face

Psilo707

Bluelight Crew
Does anyone know much about the relationship between MDMA and facial structure?

Here's why I ask:

During 2003, I didn't roll at all between january and august (and before that I didn't do it much either). I gained some weight and muscle during this time and was pretty healthy I guess. The end of summer was nearing and I started to party a bit again, and every 2 or 3 weeks I would roll (average only 1.0 - 1.5 good pills). I rolled exactly 10 times between September and now. It was around a couple months ago that I realized whenever I rolled, my face seemed slimmer the next day and ~3-4 days afterward. I realized it had always happened but that I never thought anything of it... didn't think it was serious at all, just a little side effect.
It's been more than a month now since I've rolled, and my face is still a little bit altered. My cheekbones are very very slightly sticking out more, and the lower half (jawline) of my face is more 'in'.
I have come to the conclusion that this is because of one of 3 things, all very possible.

1) It is Ecstasy itself attempting to change my facial structure.
2) It's the Jaw Clenching, teeth grinding, and all those E related effects doing it.
3) My diet recently has not been very good.

The third one is a little weird, but yeah, I noticed the last semester I wasn't eating very healthy or plentiful... I thought this might be the cause, but It would be strange because I havent really lost any body weight or anything...
Jaw Clenching was my first suspect, and sucking on those damn Blow Pops when i rolled, but I also clench my jaw when I do cocaine (even harder too) and the face slimming never happens...
So I guess I really think it is the medium amounts of E i do every once in a while. Maybe it hits me harder than most when it comes to the physical aspect. But relating back to gaining muscle... I haven't lost any of it from drugs (mainly e), besides in my face.
And truthfully it's not too big of a concern... But it's definitely noticeable, as multiple people have said the exact same things to me...

Anyone know any scientific explanation or reasoning for this?

E does definitely kill your appetite, even when you aren't suffering through a Suicide Monday. Thats something I've noticed, that I am not eating very well.

You too, then?

1) It is Ecstasy itself attempting to change my facial structure.

as in mdma attempting to actually re-model your face? that's not going to happen.

2) It's the Jaw Clenching, teeth grinding, and all those E related effects doing it.

i don't think it really has a "training effect" on your jaw muscles as you are chewing on various other things your entire life.. a few hours of jaw clenching won't really do that much.

3) My diet recently has not been very good.

that's possible.. you should also be aware of the fact that ecstasy puts an immense strain on your body - you just don't notice how rough it is because you're feeling all high and euphoric while it happens. just look in the mirror when you are coming down and you'll get the idea.

i also think it's very important to carefully wash your face after rolling, maybe even use a peeling or something. sweat, oil, the probably smoke-saturated club air along with drug use won't do your skin any good.

i'd say the explanations are rather simple.. just eat well and take care of your body.. mdma will not make your face look different on it's own as a negative side effect.

^ Well I'd have to disagree, because at every rave I see many E-tards with a very loose face... drooping... I know many here have too. I'm positive it messes with the cheekbones... im just wondering how and why.

I'm positive it messes with the cheekbones...

i don't see how the compound is supposed to change the shape of your bones. and if it did (let's assume it would trigger growth hormones, which is VERY far fetched), why would it affect only those of the face?

people sometimes look at bit strange *while* they're rolling, but i'd say it's close to impossible that it will change the structure of your facial bones.

I don't think it messes with the cheek bones directly but of course if you don't eat much and your face becomes sunken it will tend to make it look like your cheek bones are protruding more...make sense? Also, I think clinching your jaw very tightly for hours on end can develop your jaw muscles a bit...it like working out...if you lift heavy weights your muscles grow...chewing gum is a light workout like aerobics so that just tones...haha. Maybe just lay off the e for a bit and "get healthy" again. Maintain your appetite, eat lots of fruits and you'll change your look and feel better. When you start up again just take good care of yourself...make sure you eat enough...and eat healthy!!

Infinity I see what you're saying, and I *would* be agreeing with you, but my personal experience is proving that wrong to me. Every time I roll, the 3-4 days afterward my cheekbones ARE out and right below them is VERY slightly sunk in. I wash my face and dont change my eating habits during this time.

So there has to be an explanation on why I look skinnier in the face a few days (and weeks now) afterward. People are commenting, therefore it's not placebo.

I guess it's probably the jaw clenching, although like I said, Coke binges wont even do that to me and I bite twice as hard then.

i did make a very large post explaining it, but it fucked up - conclusion - no one knows the answer, its more mind than anything else, not to worry, you will live and i doubt its a sign of brain damage.

dude, I think it`s just because of malnourishment DURING the "trip". And your body just has to re-adjust for a few days after, like you haven`t been eating enough, burned a lot of energy, and your body needs those 4 days to recover. it`s what sounds most likely to me.

growthspurt yeah that sounds fully reasonable and i think you put it into the words i was looking for :) its probably just as much the shows and raves as it is the E
damn.. hehe,... thanks all

Its probably just a growthspurt but right now I am much better looking than before I started taking drugs..

heehee

damn, i'm envious of you people.. i did more than my share of happy pills when i was younger, and i still have a very full (almost to the point of being pudgy) face.. this despite being fairly thin.. though i'm not unhappy with my looks, i wish my youthful experimentation had given me more defined cheekbones and a stronger jawline, but i'm afraid, in reality, we're still years away from plastic surgery in a pill..

MDMA is a very good sinus decongestant, just like Pseudoephedrine. It may be possible (this is just a theory) that when MDMA relaxes the sinuses and relieves the pressure, the muscles in your face may move enough to cause a change in your facial features. I notice that when I shroom (which also decongests my sinuses) my face looks exactly as you describe your face to look like. This is noticed by others who are around (who are sober), and by myself for a few hours after I come down.

I wouldn't think that MDMA would have such an effect to leave your facial features changed after more than a few hours (maybe up to a day), so that may be caused by your changed/unhealthy eating habits.

I think u will find that its just a combo of being run down tired and not eating as per usual........specially over a period of a few months.

The face is often the last thing to get fat and also the first to go thin again.

I read somewhere, don't quote me on this, that when some people use any kind of drug, that because there's a taboo around it or they feel quilty they look for ways it may be changing/damaging them when in reality they are not being changed/damaged.

It's been a while since I read whatever that was and I didn't explain it properly but that's the gist of it. Hmm....

Marquis thats definitely true.
The only way I know that person isn't me is because many people have commented as well. hehe

i don't think it really has a "training effect" on your jaw muscles as you are chewing on various other things your entire life.. a few hours of jaw clenching won't really do that much.

i disagree, we as humans never chew our food to the extent that our jaw will ache for a day or two afterwards, an ive certanly had jaw aches that have lasted days after a session. i think taking E will give ur jaw muscles a work-out that u wouldnt get otherwise.

I dont know, thats what I asked you.

Why would pot want to alter your short term memory?
Why would alcohol make you lose some motor control?
Why does any drug want to do what it does? I dont know