• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

E And The Face

Sorry to chime in so late on this topic. Remember, you lose a lot of fluid when you take MDMA, even if you drink an adequate amount of water. When you get dehydrated you can look skinnier all over. This is the reason bodybuilders often take diuretics before a show; it gets rid of water in/under the skin so that their muscles have a more defined appearance. Probably the same thing is going on with your face. Re-hydrate yourself ....and eat something for cryin' out loud! :D

Well...I used to have an overbite and it's greatly diminished after a few nights out with some heavy gurning. Could be puberty at work, though.

yeahum, drugs fuck you up. first time off tap i remember looking at myself in the mirror, thinking maaan i look fucked up!!

skinny face and everything.

Xtc changes your facial structure one way or the other, period.

On another note, ever noticed what a hardcore tweakers face looks like?? hahahaha

hey guys,

Human tissue is full of mostuire. When you dance, and sweat, all night Your body loses water weight. Even if you keep yourself watered, the moisture that is lost in your face will take a few days to get back to normal.

You should be back to normal soon.
Digit

1) It is Ecstasy itself attempting to change my facial structure.
2) It's the Jaw Clenching, teeth grinding, and all those E related effects doing it.
3) My diet recently has not been very good.
Hi mate.

1, No.

2, A bit. You will build up your jaw muscles with repeated use of pills. Remember the jaw muscles extend right up the side of your face.

3, You might have lost some fat from your face.

People have already mentioned that you will be dehydrated after taking lots of pills, they are right. This will change the look of your face temporarily.

I think e acts as a diuretic. My body looks exactly the same after a night of e for the next few days as after taking a diuretic for like a bodybuilding show. So i think it is just pulling all that fluid out from under your skin so you look diff. Not just your face though...although that is the most noticeable around the cheek bones etc. But your abs will be more defined and your legs will hold less water. This won't be as noticealbe if you don't naturally much fluid though. Just my thinking...no research to back it up.

I've often noticed after a large night out that my cheeks/jaw appear to be wider than usual.

I'm never overly sure whether this is just because of my altered state of mind or not. But at least twice, people who didn't know I had rolled have said to me the next day.... "Are you OK? You look..... Swollen...."

I've noticed this for sure, but usually only during the comedown itself and the beginning of the next day.

By the time i'm coming down, even in what feels like a relaxed state, my face looks totally different from before i dropped. In my case it makes me look like i'm permanently frowning, which is kind of ironic considering how i'm feeling. It's quite annoying, actually, sends all the wrong signals and it's VERY noticable.

I always assumed the MDMA was causing muscles to tighten up all over your face and body, not just back in your jaw. Maybe that persists to some extent into the next few days and could explain some of this? Perhaps tension and strain can alter the appearance of your face that much even if the drug isn't physically altering it.

Hmmm I can feel another scientific experiment coming on.... Before, during and after E shots....

I'll see what I can do this weekend.

One time when I was tripping the LSD suddenly appeared in my room out of thin air! It resembled an old man, and he told me to cook rice, than vanished in a poof. So, LSD wants you to cook rice. So much for deep, psychological epiphanies.

Explanation?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MDMA is a salt-family compound (as all amphetamines are, correct?) So, could it be that the salts are simply absorbing the H2O out of your skin are a direct correlation to your bodies' inability to thermoregulate (maintain temp?) therefore, as you get hot and cool down, your skin expands and contracts with temperature changes along with sweating and the MDMA absorbing the H2O resulting in the "droopy" face or sagging skin?

I have personally noticed that my skin seems to lose elasticity after a good long night of rolling...

Hahah this thread! Who bumped this?? =D

Anyway, its a year later, and I'm still pretty sure drug use through my teenage/young-adult years definitely led to having a slimmer face. Especially within those couple of years of moderate E usage. I don't think the chemical itself changed my face, but the actions I took 'while' using it, such as grinding and all that. But still, indirectly.. Im actually not too disappointed with the way chemicals altered me physically. :)

wudok said:
2) It's the Jaw Clenching, teeth grinding, and all those E related effects doing it.

i don't think it really has a "training effect" on your jaw muscles as you are chewing on various other things your entire life.. a few hours of jaw clenching won't really do that much.

i disagree, we as humans never chew our food to the extent that our jaw will ache for a day or two afterwards, an ive certanly had jaw aches that have lasted days after a session. i think taking E will give ur jaw muscles a work-out that u wouldnt get otherwise.
I dunno, my jaw has never 'ached' from going-some for hours (and it has gone-some before now!). But I am chewing chewing gum in excess of 8 hours everday, so its used to the excercise. Chewing gum doesn't make pull have strange faces :)

drugs over the 5 yrs ive dun them hav changed my face/body sumwat
i am really thin mostly from uppers and my face isnt as round as it used 2 b
also i notice my complexion has bn fucked up a bit - i hav always bn quite dark in the past, as im part-maori, but now my skin is paler and has dried out a lot
i find evry time i do E or any amphetamines i tend 2 grimace without meaning 2 and my face kinda rearranges itself, relaxing into tense positions and i get twitches in the corner of my mouth and around my eyes; i quite like it =D

I think the salt-explanation is the one sounding most right..
Have you noticed any differences between pilling while out clubbing, and at home on the couch?

lureture said:
I think the salt-explanation is the one sounding most right..
Have you noticed any differences between pilling while out clubbing, and at home on the couch?

^^ I used to pill mostly at home parties, no matter if I got jaw clench or not(usually not too bad, it's mostly MDA that does that for me) my cheeks would be sunken in. Hmm I did read that serotonin stimulates a nerve(?) in your jaw, you get jaw clenching with anti-depressiva's too. I remember after certain nights I was still clenching my teeth the day after. I was sitting at the computer one day-after listening to music with headphones, when my mom said she heard me grinding my teeth. Lol.
I have a way too fast metabolism to get fat and loosing my face is what bothered me the most about my E usage. It's almost 3 months since I last did it and my cheeks still aren't like what they should be. I eat shitloads(usually 2 person meals as I'm a student and most things they sell that's premade is for 2 persons) yet no gaining weight/volume in my face. Or maybe it's just so gradual that I don't notice. I hope so.

Anyway maybe the people that claim they don't loose weight in your face aren't noticing because it's gradual too. But ecstasy(esp pills that got more than MDMA in them) is one of the most face-distorting drugs there is. OK maybe daily speed users loose alot of face too but then you haven't seen daily pill poppers.
With all the sucking on your cheeks, flopping your jaw, clenching, that isn't too hard to believe IMO. Maybe it's partly water but that should be restored pretty fast, right?

sometimes on the next day, my face is so much slimmer i look different in the mirror

That is very true..

When i first began using ecstasy, my cheeks were much fuller, after months of use i could really see how i had lost weight mainly in my face, although i have cut back my usage my face still is much thinner.

Would this be due to the fact that serotonin acitivity in the jaw does something to the muscles in your jaw, or is it simply the fact that MDMA is an appetite supressent, therefore weight loss be it on the legs, face (bum??) Is ordinary.

Psilo707 is defiantely right, many people commented on how my face has become thinner, it seems that MDMA defiantly contriubutes to this

i agree with psilo707....when we roll, i can always tell when my girlfriend is feeling the effects because she gets what i call "rolling face" ....and often the next few days after that our faces do look slightly altered and thinner...and we eat the day we roll and usually on the comedowns so diet can't really be fully to blame...