• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Zubsolv = Suboxone discussion

RaizdByWolvz

Bluelighter
So I am currently on Zubsolv 5.7mg buprenorphine for the past year now. I know the whole deal about Zubsolv is it apparently has a better delivery system than Suboxone which is why they state that 5.7mg Zubsolv is equal to 8mg of Suboxone. Here is the area where I really want this discussion headed...I'm looking at a shoulder surgery soon and I have read that as long as I am at 4mg or lower the receptor blockade from the Bupe can be over come with stronger amounts of IV Dilaudid or Fentanyl. So I've started to take half of a 5.7 mg zubsolv tablet, so here's where I'm confused, am I down to 4 mgs of Bupe or 2.85 mg Bupe? LOL see where I'm getting confused here like how do you explain that one to your Surgeon..." well mister Surgeon I am taking half of a 5.7 mg Zubsolv but I'm on 4 mg of Bupe really is what it is" ...is zubsolv really equal to suboxone??? :?

It would still be 2.85mg of bupe', you don't base it off of how much bupe is actually utilized. Let the Dr. figure that out. And even at 1mg of bupe', it is still difficult to feel the analgesic effects of other opiates. If you want pain relief, I would suggest getting off if completely, or at the very least, get down to .25mg. Yes zubsolov is equal to suboxone, same active ingredients, but zubsolov is absorbed better sublingually than suboxone.

- Hopeless Soul