Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Zopiclone + Cannabis + Salvia - New Experience - Strange visions

Lord

Bluelighter
I took three or four zopiclone tablets (adding up to 30mg). Since I have a slight tolerance to them,
they sedated me quite a bit, but not too badly. Then I smoked a bowl. I saw red dots in a grid, and swirling
around as well. Everything looked very real. If I looked at something, it would look so intensely real that it
would have an exploding aura around it, catching on fire.

It looked like streams of colour were swimming on my vision and the colour was making smooth, electronic
sounds as it changed, and things were making strange sounds, basic, stereotyped tones that repeated.
I then smoked salvia, and it looked like someone kept replacing my vision, which was like a three-dimensional
room that looked more like a plastic playhouse. Nothing strong for salvia. A while later, closing my eyes would
reveal hexagonal mountains with layers made of different colours, merging into each other and expanding.
I decided to smoke salvia. Again. By this time, I felt like I had worn my brain out and that I couldn't trip or do
much else (I had smoked salvia a few days earlier and couldn't tell if I was tripping because I had taken too
much zopiclone/nearly blacked out).

Anyway, when I closed my eyes, I saw an insect (something like a fly), and I saw mechanical beings,
all working together, timed together, moving gears and levers around and synchronized with each other.
I kept hearing a monotonous, low-pitched beep that was timing them. I felt like a visitor of an alien colony,
a lot like an ant colony, but it was more like they were working together to move a giant object by using the gear and lever-like tools that I mentioned. They looked like little robotic slaves who were depressingly mechanical, just doing their job,
without ever stopping. I had the impression that these beings were working for a queen or god of
some sort, but that this mega-being was made of them. It was almost like looking at the atoms and
molecules of an animal. I had trouble recording the vision. It seemed like they didn't want me to record
it, telling me that I couldn't put it on the recorder, and that I wasn't aloud to. I felt depressed for
a few minutes, but then I was better as the memory became vague.

So, what the hell was this about? If you've had a similar vision, please write about it.

Last edited:
LOL, entertaining story.

So, what was it about? You tell us, it was your brain showing you those things. That being said, imagery of gears, machines, factories etc. seem to be very common on Salvia trips. I usually have this type of imagery whenever I smoke it. Perhaps smoking salvia influenced the hypnagogic state produced by the zopiclone? I bet the cannabis enhanced this as well.

I have never tried zopiclone, but I love the weird perceptual and cognitive distortions that zolpidem can cause. It's kinda like a cross between the effects of benzos and dissociatives IMO, but i usually don't have outright hallucinations. Also, codeine+promethazine cough syrup (when taken in sufficient dose) has given me some vivid hypnagogic hallucinations. This mostly consisted of seeing and hearing people briefly, or having the perception of looking or even walking around the room as if my eyes open, even though I was in bed with eyes closed.

be safe, and have fun.

LOL, entertaining story.

So, what was it about? You tell us, it was your brain showing you those things. That being said, imagery of gears, machines, factories etc. seem to be very common on Salvia trips. I usually have this type of imagery whenever I smoke it. Perhaps smoking salvia influenced the hypnagogic state produced by the zopiclone? I bet the cannabis enhanced this as well.

I have never tried zopiclone, but I love the weird perceptual and cognitive distortions that zolpidem can cause. It's kinda like a cross between the effects of benzos and dissociatives IMO, but i usually don't have outright hallucinations. Also, codeine+promethazine cough syrup (when taken in sufficient dose) has given me some vivid hypnagogic hallucinations. This mostly consisted of seeing and hearing people briefly, or having the perception of looking or even walking around the room as if my eyes open, even though I was in bed with eyes closed.

be safe, and have fun.

Thanks. have you had the sorts of hallucinations where beings are moving you without your control, and sometimes you feel as though people really were sleeping and we are actually in some strange factory, a bit like the idea behind the matrix? I'm going to stop smoking salvia with weed and zopiclone every day before I turn into a nut or a retard (now). I was recovering from addiction, but now, quitting is backfiring. As for your promethazine experience, it seems like you were lucky. I've had one major anti-cholinergic experience. Everything good was wiped away from reality, except for sex. But that was before it really kicked in. I woke up and realized that I was almost literally in hell. It's not something I'll try again. The next day, everything was shaking a bit and had a dark tint, and I had slight side-effects and nightmares for almost two months. Not worth warping space-time with. Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
Thanks. have you had the sorts of hallucinations where beings are moving you without your control
While I have never experienced beings or entities in any of my trips, I have had the sensation of my body being moved by external forces. When I smoke Salvia, it's as if I can feel my body contorting into the gear type movements of the visual hallucinations. I can sense reality being broken down into mechanical, gear like, rotating pieces both my visual and somatic perceptions. Salvia is unique in it's ability to produce hallucinations I can actually feel.

Also, sometimes it feels as if different segments of my body are rotating in opposing directions to one another while under the influence of dissociatives (NMDA antagonists). I felt this most strongly while breathing nitrous oxide out of a mask at the dentist for an extended period of time, and have felt it on DXM and Ketamine to a lesser degree as well.
and sometimes you feel as though people really were sleeping and we are actually in some strange factory, a bit like the idea behind the matrix?
I haven't experienced that specifically before, but I have had some very bizarre moments of déjà vu, also on nitrous oxide or occasionally DXM. It's like I come to the realization that I have always been in this one moment, and my whole life before this is just a dream I've convinced myself is real, and I've been in this endless loop of living the dream, and coming to this realization over and over.
I'm going to stop smoking salvia with weed and zopiclone every day before I turn into a nut or a retard (now). I was recovering from addiction, but now, quitting is backfiring.
Yeah, lay off the dissociatives for a while. Overusing these drugs definitely causes some people to loose their grip on reality.
As for your promethazine experience, it seems like you were lucky. I've had one major anti-cholinergic experience. Everything good was wiped away from reality, except for sex. But that was before it really kicked in. I woke up and realized that I was almost literally in hell. It's not something I'll try again. The next day, everything was shaking a bit and had a dark tint, and I had slight side-effects and nightmares for almost two months. Not worth warping space-time with. Thanks for sharing :)
I suspect the codeine made the relatively mild delirium more tolerable. I have a low tolerance, and codeine is pretty euphoric for me. I would never want to "trip" on a deliriant.

and right in agein,,, its all scrambled... fuck me i gonna be fuckcerd :( it seems too uselesa and hard tog o..omg thia again draaags on... a few hours and it'll rptate makje into normal pladce

Good luck trying to get you head on straight. I suspect the zopiclone is the main culprit here, maybe try to ween off of that first.

be safe and have fun.

I have experienced insect like entities on DMT many-a-time.
I have never really enjoyed the salvia trip, it felt like confusing DMT.

I have experienced insect like entities on DMT many-a-time.
I have never really enjoyed the salvia trip, it felt like confusing DMT.
I find salvia very confusing as well.

Good luck trying to get you head on straight. I suspect the zopiclone is the main culprit here, maybe try to ween off of that first.
Yeah, I gave up marijuana abuse for random drug and pill abuse. I'm still recovering from marijuana, even with these extra drugs. That stuff was really *starting* to fuck me up. What can I say? I'll try? Surely, you've been addicted to drugs before. I'll read some of your other posts to get to know you better. Good luck to you too.