• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos zopiclone all day everyday

codydion

Bluelighter
so i know it ain't an actual benzo but i didn't know where else to post. place this thread where appropriate if need be. anybody out there take zopiclone during the day and night for it's anxiety fighting effect and/or euphoria as well as help sleeping? bad idea? how long should a person be doing this before they start to worry about impending withdrawal upon cessation. any other negative or positive thing a person can think of what y'all think???

Interesting never heard of this (though ive heard of daytime zolpidem abuse).

How much do you take per day, and with what regularity?

Since they are prescribed in far more limited quantities than benzos (as they arent designed for treatment of daytime anxiety) it is usually difficult to sustain a large habit. How do you get enough to take it throughout the day?

The withdrawal is probably pretty nasty, and would involve not sleeping well for quite some time., panic attacks etc. Being short acting could make the withdrawal quite severe as well.

at first i thought this was your thread, negrogesic. was gonna say, we do not have similar taste in bnezos.

OP, i personally do not enjoy it but lots do. it is physically and mentally addictive.

oh, getting it confused with zolpidem. same class of drugs. daily use of either will make you physically dependent.

well it all started with bad insomnia from
stopping suboxone. quit suboxone 19 days ago. started using zopiclone after about 10 or so days of not sleeping more than an hour here and an hour there kind of sleep. then had to go back to work and found overwhelming anxiety some days and found that it actually works quite well at small doses for anxiety. it hasn't been a habit for a long time. i'm wondering if a week will have a guy in for some shitty withdrawals after taking them almost around the clock. it's kind of been a coping mechanism i guess which is a shame.

With my Zopiclone use I found it definitely had the ability to give me rebound anxiety. It does affect your Gaba receptors after-all. It was prescribed to me as a way to combat insomnia in the short-term (sub 2 weeks). It is literally just a sleep-maker for me (not quality, but allowed for sleep after stims or a bad bout of insomnia). It doesn't strike me as a very good drug for recreational use; though it did have noticeable anxiolytic properties for me in the lead up to bed. I have messed with day time Zolpidem use and that was a lot more "fun." Anyhow, it's not worth the rebound insomnia/anxiety imo.

its really not a good idea, the withdrawals are dangerous and can be bad after a relatively shot period of use. i have abused zopiclone in the way you describe and it just was not a good idea. see if you can get some longer acting benzos if you reallly don't feel able to cope with the anxiety.

i figured it wasn't a good idea. i guess a guy can only try and lay off a bit and suck it up. 2 weeks max at about 7.5mg a day and ya figure that will even give a person real bad rebound anxiety/insomnia? i guess taking anything for anxiety is only going to stave off anxiety for so long until medications are gone. i know what needs to be done. dang anxiety

Man where is @Zopiclone bandit when you need him?

But yeah z-drugs are still GABAergic so expect benzo-like withdrawals and tolerance. I find zops fun when I'm smoking weed, underrated drug imo, but don't feel a compulsion to take them daily myself. Then again I use benzos and weed (mostly weed these days) to deal with my anxiety.

i figured it wasn't a good idea. i guess a guy can only try and lay off a bit and suck it up. 2 weeks max at about 7.5mg a day and ya figure that will even give a person real bad rebound anxiety/insomnia? i guess taking anything for anxiety is only going to stave off anxiety for so long until medications are gone. i know what needs to be done. dang anxiety

Two weeks at that dosage shouldn't be that bad. If you have been through benzo withdrawal in the past it will be much more noticeable as the receptors become conditioned for withdrawal, with each successive withdrawal being increasingly severe.

i have never been through benzo withdrawal. or maybe i did and the meth withdrawal completely covered it up. i slept for a couple weeks almost around the clock. only got up to make pancakes and go back to bed. i was using benzos daily for quite some time. the withdrawal should have pushed through somewhat. idno i guess we'll see how it goes. got like 20 left or something and no way to get more and no risk of relapse on the opiates. very minimal anyways. i'll play it smart and dose as low as possible for the next while til i'm out then tough out the storm.

I wouldn't expect that you'd have bad withdrawals from 2 weeks, if you don't have previous benzo dependence issues (if you do, expect withdrawals due to kindling, ie, every time you get dependent it gets easier, faster and worse to get addicted again). But I would absolutely expect rebound anxiety and insomnia.

I wouldn't expect that you'd have bad withdrawals from 2 weeks, if you don't have previous benzo dependence issues (if you do, expect withdrawals due to kindling, ie, every time you get dependent it gets easier, faster and worse to get addicted again). But I would absolutely expect rebound anxiety and insomnia.
definitely expecting the insomnia and anxiety. probably far more than even normal due to the fact i'm still only 20 days into my suboxone withdrawals. i was gonna taper off this week and use next weekend as a head start on the zopiclone induces insomnia and anxiety before the next work week starts.