• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Your usual kratom taper (and maybe NON prescription drugs for WD?)

I just saved this on a word document but I think I just can't concentrate right now to understand what you are saying lol.

Maybe those products alone would be enough? Or I could just go based on feel and probably figure it out myself.

This isn't happening now anyway, so I could come back another time.

But as far as insomnia, that doesn't happen to me. Not sure if you know this, but some people get HYPERSOMNIA INSTEAD of insomnia as a WD effect, and that's what happens to me.

I don't take Kratom at night as if I have even taken a dose that has WORN OFF less than 6 hours before bed I can't fall asleep. I don't understand how anyone sleeps on kratom, and when I'm in withdrawal I can't stop sleeping, but that's more if I have been dosing very frequently. If less frequently, I just have less energy.

Do any of those products by themselves even without much of a taper eliminate WD?
"Eliminate the withdrawal" is a strong expression, but they surely mitigate a lot the withdrawal, specially BSOil, but probably mucuna is what you need to not feel that sluggishness. They do it without taper but tapering is not difficult. I don't understand why you think it's complicated: cut 0.6 to 0.8 grams each day, as needed, and better to cut the biggest amount on the first dose of the day.
Honestly I don't think a little yohimbe bark dose would interact badly with the SSRIs... it surely hasn't the MAOI potency to do so. It would help you a a lot to keep awake and motivated.

"Eliminate the withdrawal" is a strong expression, but they surely mitigate a lot the withdrawal, specially BSOil, but probably mucuna is what you need to not feel that sluggishness. They do it without taper but tapering is not difficult. I don't understand why you think it's complicated: cut 0.6 to 0.8 grams each day, as needed, and better to cut the biggest amount on the first dose of the day.
Honestly I don't think a little yohimbe bark dose would interact badly with the SSRIs... it surely hasn't the MAOI potency to do so. It would help you a a lot to keep awake and motivated.
Ok you said cut down 0.8 or 0.6 per day as needed. I hadn't seen that. So if I was dosing 2.5mgs then go down the next day to somewhere between 1.7-1.9, then somewhere between 0.9--1.3, or something like that. Fair enough.

Yeah, I am definitely going to get some of the black seed oil and try it, and probably the mucuna pruriens.

Do they also work as potentiators?

I don't know about Yohimbe. My one story is that like 20 years ago (I was already on Prozac) i tried to trip off of Yohimbe, not knowing it was an MAOI but knowing some said it could make you trip. My eyes got dilated and my heart rate sped up pretty fast and it didn't feel very good, and I never tried it again LOL. Think that stuff might not be for me.

Anyways, thanks for the info.

Do they also work as potentiators?
Yeah, for some people BSO potentiates quite a bit, for some other people it does the opposite, is not really easy to understand why that happens, but ..
mucuna potentiates because potentiates whatever that uses dopamine.

the thing with yohimbe is that the effective dose is SO LOW that it's easy to overdose, but the doses used for tripping are plain dangerous and need to be x10 or x30 higher than the functional doses. Half a teaspoon is an effective dose, surely not enough to make you trip or causing shitty tachycardia.

Just to "update" this with my own experience,
I FINALLY got to the point of using less than 5 grams a day, yesterday was 4.5 and today I'll cut to 3.5 or at least less than 4.
I've used DHEA, mucuna, some little doses of 4f-mph (the last days), resveratrol, some beers here n there (family/social drinking) and scutellaria lateriflora.
Oh! I forgot about Huperzine A, an amazing compound for clearing thoughts, lucidity and improving memory, not to speak about the dream enhancement that is awesome.

I will jump in a couple days, only using 2-3 grams at night for sleeping for a couple days, and then 0.
It has been more difficult than usual cause I normally do 2-3 months in and 1 month off (kratom), but this year was super difficult in terms of external stressors so I relied too much on it, always delaying the regular t-break.
This "abuse" has convinced me not to use kratom for a long time because to be honest I consider that after some time of daily use it really fucks up my cognitive performance and natural emotional responsei to important things like moral behaviour or beauty.

Last edited:
I tapered all the way down to 1g in the morning, even 0.5g. It was psychologically difficult to give up that last 1g for some reason, wvwn though that dose is barely threshold.

I tapered all the way down to 1g in the morning, even 0.5g. It was psychologically difficult to give up that last 1g for some reason, wvwn though that dose is barely threshold.
When reaching less than 2-3 grams a day the dependence is purely psychological, like the couple puffs of a joint of cannabis at night or those guys who need a beer a day.
Just habit.

@Neuroborean I'm interested in huperzine A. Would you mind to elaborate your experiences with this compound a bit more? Lucidity and improved memory sounds great. Is there an immediately noticeable effect or is it more in the background? Also interesting it helped you with getting off kratom, as opioid withdrawal seems to involve a cholinergic overacitvity.

@Neuroborean I'm interested in huperzine A. Would you mind to elaborate your experiences with this compound a bit more? Lucidity and improved memory sounds great. Is there an immediately noticeable effect or is it more in the background? Also interesting it helped you with getting off kratom, as opioid withdrawal seems to involve a cholinergic overacitvity.
It's helping me in the sense of helping me make the transition to "sobriety" easier, but I do plan using it (specially if I feel bad while on it) during the withdrawal.
I'm tapering, today I took only 3.6 grams, tomorrow I'll take 2.5-3 only at night... and will face the withdrawal in a couple days, with my typical "ammunition" against it:
BSOil, ashwagandha, mucuna pruriens, guayusa, NAC and some other herbs or supplements (scutellaria, ALA, resveratrol, jatamansi...)

Huperzine it's quite special, it's not very in your face, but it's pretty noticeable once you take it more than 3-4 times, then you know that you took it, it's more in the background but at the same time quite noticeable in terms of benefits, it has no particular "body feeling" at all (in 250ug) doses, but it has some kind of amazing lucid time-sharping, headspace, a bit like when you take an stimulant and it's actually cognitive enhancing (normally only the first 30-60 minutes for me) but without any (or not very noticeable) body energy or push, it's like a mental enhancer, you feel your mind stamina improving when doing mental tasks, and memory (words for example) come to my mind more easily.
The effect on dreams is the best, but u need to use it once every 2-3 days for it to make it work for dreams since the half-life is quite long (11 hours if I remember well).

Yep, I took this huperzine thing because I noticed that when on kratom the brain fog was getting worse and worse and I hate it.