• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your top 5 "drug movies" & what you watch when you're high...

Dead man's shoes is a good one, a guy wanting revenge spikes three guys with lsd by sticking it into their kettle and kills them

I really like the film Spun. However, it depresses me because Brittany Murphy is in it, then I get all sad when I think about her dying :( she was cool!

FTR, requiem for a dream is not that great. Its just DARE messages put to a hip, electronic soundtrack with the same cinematography used in π. And for fuck's sake, someone please tell Darren Aronofsky that opioids cause pupil constriction, NOT dilation.

Thank you; you put it perfectly. Requiem is so over the top and unrealistic. It basically promotes the Drug War message that "anyone who uses drugs will always end up locked up, dead, selling themselves or missing a limb." The pupil thing bothered me a lot too. It tells me that whoever made this movie doesn't know shit about heroin, because anyone who has even slight knowledge of opiates knows what they do to your pupils.

Supposedly Marion(Jennifer Connelley) was using cocaine instead of heroin.

Since other television shows have been mentioned, I want to name drop Breaking Bad. "The best show on television" is more than a ballsy marketing scheme. I can't fucking wait for the fourth season to start.

there should be a poll function for this thread...
but in no order:
1.Up in Smoke
2. Cheech and Chong's Next Movie(My bro and I laughed for like ten minutes straight at on scene--revving bike indoors with exhaust pipe draining on the square neighbor's flowers...)
3. requiem for a dream
4. Spun
5.trainspotting
6. Drugstore Cowboy
7. Naked Lunch(~opiate like bug powder...)
8.Pineapple express
9. the wackness
10. Dazed and Confused
11. a scanner darkly
12. (ish) Across the universe
13. tenacious d and the pick of destiny
14. Apocalypse Now(tripping in combat....)
15. the Big Lebowski
16. blow
17. American gangster
18. boogie nights
19.Fear and loathing
20. grandma's boy
21. Hot tub time machine
22. Magnolia
23. traffic
24. Natural Born Killers
25. Pulp fiction
26. the royal tenenbaums
27. Super troopers
28. Walk hard

That's kind of alot but just films i've enjoyed where drugs were a significant element of plot

Thank you; you put it perfectly. Requiem is so over the top and unrealistic. It basically promotes the Drug War message that "anyone who uses drugs will always end up locked up, dead, selling themselves or missing a limb." The pupil thing bothered me a lot too. It tells me that whoever made this movie doesn't know shit about heroin, because anyone who has even slight knowledge of opiates knows what they do to your pupils.

i think that the pupils were done like that for effect...... if they were normal sized and he had his hit.....they would not change that much to go pinned......but if they blow up huge it has a better visual effect for the audience.....

just a thought............

Supposedly Marion(Jennifer Connelley) was using cocaine instead of heroin.

i think that the pupils were done like that for effect...... if they were normal sized and he had his hit.....they would not change that much to go pinned......but if they blow up huge it has a better visual effect for the audience.....

just a thought............

in the book marion shoots up dope and gets dexies and a shit ton of downers. she's definitely snorting h in the movie they just didn't want to have a girl shooting up for obvious reasons. her getting in the ass was visual enough. the book is way better and blows the movie out of the water. get this: marion and harry don't know eachother for more than a day before they start shooting up together. in the movie it's made out like they've been together for a while to really lure the audiences emotion in but the book just makes the movie seem so stupid. or maybe i just feel sneaky knowing the truth behind the movie

i think the best drug movie is trainspotting as far as WDs, desperation and visuals go

Fear and Loathing
Requiem for a Dream
HUMAN TRAFFIC. - how has nobody mentioned this?

I thought Acid House was shit though. Film made no sense, tedious and just pretty shit.

Fear and Loathing (although I never really get the story, could be because I'm always so high that I pass out when I watch it..)
Blow - because it makes selling coke and fucking californian bitches look so cool with johnny depp (and I really liked that 70-80's feeling of the movie)
Enter the void - Plain Headfuck.

SPUN is my favourite drug movie of all time.
TRAINSPOTTING is my no.2

Fear & Loathing is an absolute travesty of a great book.
Requiem for a dream contains nothing but nihilism

In this order my three favorite movies about / containing a lot of drugs would be:

-Natural Born Killers*
-Party Monster
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
-Trainspotting

edit: *I saw someone mention Natural Born Killers, which other then having a prominent magic mushroom scene I never saw as a drug movie; it is however my absolute favorite movie ever, so if someone else mentioned it then so will I, for it is my favorite film on earth :)

requieme, trainspotting, basketball diaries and drugstore cowboy are my favourites.

The Basketball Diaries is amazing—Leonardo Dicaprio made the film. Jim Carroll's story was beautifully integrated in a manner that is not only raw as hell, but also inspiring. Trainspotting is a rad source of entertainment, but not nearly as gut-wrenchingly beautiful.

Last edited:
The Basketball Diaries is amazing—Leonardo Dicaprio made the film. Jim Carroll's story was beautifully integrated in a manner that is not only raw as hell, but also inspiring. Trainspotting is a rad source of entertainment, but not nearly as gut-wrenchingly beautiful.

Dicaprio played a heroin addict to the letter.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Blow
Requiem for a Dream
Human Traffic
Trainspotting
Scanner Darkly
Spun
Traffic