• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Your psilocybin microdosing schedule and amounts ?

issaoldboi

Bluelighter
theres an okay amount of some stuff of this online but, it varies a lot and its not an exact science as we all know but I'd love to hear you guys's stories on what kind of schedule / amounts were u ingesting ur psilocybins with ?
I'm now roughly on day 10-11, and I've taken on average 0.2-0.3 per day, with some skip days. Im thinking of going to the five days a week and not on weekends or just try full on daily. Idk, in my head it makes more scence for the benefits to work if my body / brain gets those goodies in there daily. Not sure, would love to hear about what and how u guys's experiences planned out ! Did it help etc.
I feel like by now i've mostly noticed a decrease in anxiety and the habit of starting to just do normal things and be more active being the biggest for me (im coming out off of long rehab and a way longer depression)
im also on ashwagandha on the natural scale, got some meds too but those should be irrelevant to this convo.

oh and hte strain im consuming rn is called Z-strain, im thinking of upping my dosage too.
i want to maximize my possible benefits.

coulda maybe kept it shorter, wanted to give u guys the full pic.

so yeah, any and all discussion as long as its beneficial to the topic, is more than welcome !

One thing to be aware of with high-frequency psychedelic use is that repeated use can theoretically cause heart defects owing to their 5HT2B agonist properties. Not all psychedelics have the same activity at this receptor, but most of them have some. Judging from this, it could be wise to minimize exposure time and maximize the benefits of the amount consumed. Your total amount is still low and 5HT2B activation can be assumed to correlate with the low doses, but taking psychedelics often may be a slight gamble.

A microdose is by definition a dose below threshold of perception. This is generally not the way to use psychoactive drugs. I think it's a trend because of people who love psychedelics, nootropics and neuroscience but are too stressed out to trip. I have seen nothing concrete to indicate that a microdose regimen preferable to a perceptible dose. Studies are inconclusive but seem to support the intuition that psychedelics work and help by causing psychedelia rather than by some magical cumulative effect.

Mini-doses are great. Anything enough to feel it will bring tangible benefits.

Maybe someone else can give you a more exciting reply later.

One thing to be aware of with high-frequency psychedelic use is that repeated use can theoretically cause heart defects owing to their 5HT2B agonist properties. Not all psychedelics have the same activity at this receptor, but most of them have some. Judging from this, it could be wise to minimize exposure time and maximize the benefits of the amount consumed. Your total amount is still low and 5HT2B activation can be assumed to correlate with the low doses, but taking psychedelics often may be a slight gamble.

A microdose is by definition a dose below threshold of perception. This is generally not the way to use psychoactive drugs. I think it's a trend because of people who love psychedelics, nootropics and neuroscience but are too stressed out to trip. I have seen nothing concrete to indicate that a microdose regimen preferable to a perceptible dose. Studies are inconclusive but seem to support the intuition that psychedelics work and help by causing psychedelia rather than by some magical cumulative effect.

Mini-doses are great. Anything enough to feel it will bring tangible benefits.

Maybe someone else can give you a more exciting reply later.
interesting reply nonetheless ! thanks for contributing, definetly something to think about

okay this comment made me think if my meds are more relevant to the convo, im on olanzapine and sertraline, which ofc would make me need a way higher dose to feel the actual psychedelia

okay this comment made me think if my meds are more relevant to the convo, im on olanzapine and sertraline, which ofc would make me need a way higher dose to feel the actual psychedelia

Yes, you're probably getting the effect equivalent of about 0,1g, but without much of any desirable component.

I think you should try a mini-dose (around 1 gram maybe less) if you can get off your psych med regimen. That way you can get to know this stuff in a controlled and safe fashion. If you cannot get off your psych meds maybe focus on other mental health routines first. Such as contact with nature, exercise, diet and recreation. This is just a suggestion. Usually the mushroom experience strongly suggests these healthy behaviors, and it's a two-way street imo. Engaging in active self-care will bring you closer to psychedelia without even taking drugs.

Combining psychedelics with SSRI's and antipsychotics poses no danger to my knowledge, but it is a contradictory approach.

Last edited:
Get off the ashwangada its not good long term, It totally fucked me up in many ways after taking it daily for 6 months. It has ruined other bluelighters aswell. Ashwandga made me incredibly depressed and adheonia.

I use to micodose shrooms every day for like 8 months in 2021. Its best to take breaks between doses