• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

You Might Be A Junkie If... v. Oops, I nodded with the needle still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you shoot up to go to sleep, and then an hour later decide you might need one more shot to get a little sleepier. Come 3am, one more hit should do the trick.

Junkies like the n-word, junkies and jolly african-americans use the slurs as a term of endearment; and the genral public use it to stereotype and put down people.
Ive said the same thing to people. We junkies can use it but them normies better fuck off with that shit. Junkie please!

niggas and junkies please! take it to the double standards thread ;)

You walk into a big supermarket and leave having only bought a roll of foil or a bag of citric powder.

Your life's ultimate dream is figuring out a way to get high from anti-diarrhea medicine.

I'll bow down before anybody and worship them as a junky god if they can really pull it off..and that's from an atheist.

Oops! I once nodded off after a nice shot of H while trying to hit the next shot of meth. Nothing like nodding off with a meth needle in your arm.

Ugh sounds beautiful but i like to do it in reverse. Do a big, asshole burning, cougher of a meth shot then once i am able to think and move again do my shot of heroin. Only going on a meth shot is too overwhelming for me, the heroin levels it out but definitley doesnt cancel it out. I DEFINITLEY still get that boot from the meth even after shooting tar. Love that combo. Too bad my veins dont permit iv meth use anymore tho.

You know youre a junkie when even your neck veins are blown out. Still waiting for that jugular to come back, its been over a year since collapse and nada. I always poke it every blue moon to check tho.

You know your a junkie when you find an obsure place to hit and when you pull out mark it with a sharpie , just a little dot, so you can try hitting there next time.

I just have to say how much I hate the term "junkie;" it seems to suggest a sort of archetype that just doesn't exist, this grimy, unkempt, unshaven, unemployed, homeless, drug-addled, bumbling, stupefied individual who shoots up in gas station bathrooms with puddle water, his belt around his arm and a lighter under a bent, blackened spoon. It's just absurd and ridiculous...

"Junkie" has to be one the worst (or best) derogatory term for H users... no way to flip it, or change into something cool.

I read it comes from way back when heroin addicts in NYC would sell scrap metal (junk) for H. And at first you were called a "junkman", then it was shortened to junkie, making it sound 100x worse to me.

At least with the word dope, slang flipped it to mean "cool" instead of "stupid".

edit: oh but the archetypal junkie def does exist to a decent extent, minus the puddle water. The average H user might be a lot more functional than non-users think, but the term "junkie" wouldn't carry so much weight without enough homeless people in public doing the non dance, etc... not to mention most people don't know a daily H user, and so get their ideas from TV/media, which sensationalizes the trainwrecks for entertainment.

Last edited:
Gas station bathrooms are the safest, best place to shoot up if you need to find a place to fix without getting caught....It's better than your car! Sorry, but I think gas station bathrooms can be a godsend as an IV heroin user! Of course my girlfriend ODd locked in one a few years ago, she lived...thank GOD.

I'm sorry to give you a hard time, but are you really saying that heroin fucking your life up and making you homeless and rough around the edges is a myth?

What in the hell ... ? Is English your first language? I don't mean for that to come off as my being snotty or insulting you, as it's not what I intended, to insult you, I mean, and please forgive me if English is not your first language, but you've misinterpreted my post and I can't help thinking that you've done this before in other threads.

Never once in my post did I ever imply that gas station bathrooms could not be a clean, safe environment in which to use certain illicit, intravenous drugs. And never once in my post did I imply that gas station bathrooms could not be a "godsend" to intravenous drug users.

All my post was doing, or all that I intended for my post to do, was to describe the stereotypical heroin addict, and, like it or not, for better or worse, the stereotypical heroin addict shoots up in gas station bathrooms. Is this not what you see in movies, read in books, what you first think of when "heroin addict" comes to mind? (Well, perhaps it's not what first comes to mind when you think of "heroin addict," as I'd imagine that you're more informed than others.)

Even if all gas station bathroom were safe and clean and sterile, just by virtue of shooting up in a gas station bathroom, I think that it speaks to one's condition. In other words: think about it, do people with their own car and a house and with their heroin-use reserved only for the weekends shoot up in gas station bathrooms? No, people without their own cars, people without homes, people with intense heroin addictions that warrant one's needing to find a place in which to shoot up as quickly as possible... those people shoot up in gas station bathrooms.

This is the "junkie" stereotype that we're talking about here, not what I think of or how I feel about heroin addicts, and it's not that I don't think there really are heroin addicts out there who fit this stereotypical description. Sure, some addicts may fit this stereotype to some degree, but I don't think that the stereotypical addict makes up the bulk of heroin users. Do you? It seems to be a much, much smaller percent of the heroin addict population.

Last edited:
^Well, I figured you would have read that post by now, and taken with the other semi-disagreement we had in SLR that it would have pissed you off and made you think I was targeting you, and apparently I was right! That's why I sent you a PM..:\

Anyway, a few years ago when I was living back east and using H everyday, it was only a 15 minute drive to get it, but I still knew every single place within a 5 mile radius where I could shoot up. I never wanted to wait to get home when I was sick, which is stupid...so I've shot up in a lot of gas station bathrooms, and like I mentioned, my girlfriend came very close to dying in one...which I feel responsible for, I gave her what I thought she could handle and it was more than she could...

IDK, I see a lot of stereotypical-looking junkies, although I know that there's a lot more people who aren't I can see why the stereotype exists...

I don't even use heroin anymore, but I have long curly hair, I'm 5'11, 165 pounds, I always have 5'oclock shadow, I wear t-shirts and hoodies with slightly tattered carhart pants or jeans and work boots a lot of the time and I pretty much fit the stereo-type of a drug-user to a tea. And if I started getting high and immediately dropped another 20 pounds and completely stopped caring, I would pretty much look like a text-book junkie...

Which shit, I pretty much am a textbook junkie at this point....not a homeless street junkie that fits the stereotype you're talking about completely, but a textbook junkie stereotype to me...

There's actually a few different "types" of junkies that I could write about....I'm the musician that always pawns and sells my instruments for dope...sometimes get them out sometimes doesn't...Goes through periods of not playing because I get on heroin, and I start working blue-collar jobs that pay pretty good but are exhausting........

That's one of the most voracious consumers of narcotics: blue Collar workers. Housepainters, construction workers, landscapers electricians...These are the people that spend the big money on drugs that are a dealers best friend, and if you do dope long enough you'll probably end up working one of these types of jobs because using drugs is somewhat acceptable as long as you still work and they pay well enough to support a decent habit...

Of course, I started off as the Suburban pothead/raver/hippie psychedelic user who started dabbling with "wrong" drugs, which is another significant portion of "junkies"....Late teens to early 20s, living with your parents, got into pills first and switched over to heroin and they still don't know...Dropped out of college most likely...Hustles weed and pills and whatnot to pay for the dope habit...

the stereotype you're talking about is basically "street junkies"...they make the dealers the least money because most of them can only come up with 20 bucks a day for most of the month, until their SSDI check comes in, which they promptly spend all on drugs for a week and then go back to sucking and being completely broke for another month!

^Those people are what most people consider "junkies" and who they think of when they think of heroin....Although they're the minority of heroin users, they definitely exist and are the most "visible"...

Anyway, yeah English is my first language!

^Well, I figured you would have read that post by now, and taken with the other semi-disagreement we had in SLR that it would have pissed you off and made you think I was targeting you, and apparently I was right! That's why I sent you a PM..:\

Well, in so many words, you're basically saying that I am an idiot for believing that gas station bathrooms could not and should not be used for shooting up, and it wasn't what I suggested or implied -- and so, yeah, I tend to take offense to those things, being misinterpreted and then blasted for a point I never made, an idea I never expressed, and so on and so forth; yeah, I tend to not like it so much when these things happen

Last edited:
^I don't think you're an idiot, if that helps....I just like to shoot up in gas station bathrooms! I did like to shoot up in gas station bathrooms...It looks really fucked up to write down...

Oh come on, ladies! man up, lets get past this stupid bathroom debate.
Next!

Btw - This is my 500th post. Wooohooo!

You might be a junkie if, you substitute distilled water with coffee to shoot up with, because you don't have any other kind of liquid near by.

Ha yeah fer sure^

If you wake up extremely hung over from way too much alcohol and heroin and to make it all better u consume more alcohol and heroin.

Oh come on, ladies! man up, lets get past this stupid bathroom debate.

phew! It's a good thing that you happened to come by and put an end to all the womanly fuss huh? I'm not sure we would have ever moved past it had it not been for you (we already had moved past it) 8)

Last edited:
I'd expect better from a mod. Professional, real professional, lady.

lol yeah well with what they pay us mods... y'know ;)

and hey, what might you expect from one who insists on very condescendingly referring to another as 'lady' when he is in fact a man ? much more ?

EDIT: But let's get past this stupid discussion and continue on with "You might be a junkie if..." Shall we?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.