• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

yopo+syrian rue=?????

No

I believe there are two main types of these seeds, one type containing bufotenin and the other 5-MeO-DMT and N,N-DMT.
Bufotenin is a strange compound, some say it is not really psychoactive but ingestion resembles serotonin-poisoning (it is after all N,N-dimethylserotonin), giving carcinoid flush and breathing problems. Shulgin notes this in TIHKAL with parenteral admin of the pure compound. Others say it is a great psychedelic, but type of salt and route of admin matters a lot as well as many noxious impurities / other alkaloids in the seeds. So getting a trip from bufotenin may be quite troublesome and dependent on kind of unknown factors. Disabling the line of defense your body has against it and it's analogue alkaloids in the seeds seems very foolish to me and hazardous to ones health.
5-MeO-DMT is in itself quite a powerful drug, prone to give overwhelming results. Combining it with a MAOI is not only expected to give terribly intense unbearable experiences but has also killed people. Taking it in unknown doses such as in natural materials containing it is therefore dangerous and stupid.
You see, whichever type of Columbrina seed you encounter it is not to be mixed with MAOIs.

You are warned.

Ooh almost forgot to welcome you to Bluelight! :) <3

hmm,but wouldnt 5-MeO need to be combined with an MOAI to have any hallucinogenic effect when consumed orally?

That is correct according to Shulgin:

5-MeO-DMT is much less active orally than when it is smoked. As a matter of fact, it is not active at all when taken orally. No active oral level has ever been found.

source

So you see it is virtually impossible, unless you take grams of it to saturate your MAO enzymes and get effects from it. It should certainly be possible but the costs would be ridiculous and the duration probably minimal.

The solution to all this is taking 5-MeO by other routes: insufflation (snorting), vaporization, injection.

so lets say the 5-MeO has no effect,do you think the remaining DMT in the seeds will cause any effect if combined with the syrian rue? a type of yopo-huasua if you will

Hypothetically, yes of course. But not only is the N,N-DMT content of these seeds most often playing a negligable role, it is also less potent than both 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT.

Mind you: these are arguments why I wouldn't do it. But apparently yopo-huasca has been done with some success.

And here it is said that bufotenin does not work orally because it binds to serotonin receptors in the body making it uncomfortable. This could account for the electric sensations mentioned in the other topic.

Oh and the seeds containing lots of 5-HO-DMT are called Vilca, yopo has another composition. But I warned you anyway since they are quite often sold as if they were each other, interchangeably. A bit hard to determine their identity apparently.

I'm curious about your motivations, I guess this isn't all pure hypothesis... would you like to share them? :)

Last edited:
have you ever heard of such a combo ?

nevermind lol i see the link now

Last edited by a moderator:
the LD:50 of bufotenine is vastly lowered when taken orally, so I believe it fairly dangerous to ingest these orally.

---------

Anadenanthere Colubrina seeds contain almost entirely bufotenine, and trace amounts of n-methyltryptamine, 5-MeO-n-methyltryptamine, DMT-n-oxide and DMT.

Anadenanthera Peregrina seeds (apparently no authentic samples going around the shaman shops at the moment, supposedly, all seeds sold as A.Peregrina are in fact, A.Colubrina) contain mostly bufotenine, and some 5-MeO-DMT, n-methyltryptamine and the n-oxides of said tryptamines.

Anadenanthera Colubrina is a good source of bufotenine, the amounts of DMT present are WAY below threshhold doses in any sort of amount before the bufotenine becomes toxic.

taken from this thread.

A trip report of a yopo + rue experience. :)

well ive tried smoking the seeds,snorting them and snorting them with baking soda (in place of limestone) but never have gotten more than a body high.and ive recently ordered some syrian rue seeds to supplement my MG experiences and i figured i might as well give it a try.the chemistry seems to be there,in theory i believe it should work.

Rue with LSA seeds carries just about the same problems: it should work but there is also a lot of other nasty stuff in the seeds that is best not exaggerated. You risk not only potentiating the good effects but also the bad effects, who knows they might turn from bad to dangerous even. Like vasoconstriction and that sort of thing...

Went ahead and created a main Yopo thread. :)
Its basically a reorganization of very old threads but still in a handy package for you. I'll bump it to the head of the PD page.