• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Xenon, potential applications for me/cfs and other diseases

Would love a prescription for K, but they require administration in a hospital with monitoring of vital signs etc. which doesn't sound like the best set for anything remotely psychedelic and you need to go there twice a week for some hours ...
Sorry to sound rude but this is misinformation. this is true of spravato, the newly patented s isomer of ketamine marketed for depression. Regular racemic ketamine can be compounded and sent to your house and done at home without ever needing a doctor to monitor your vitals. It's used a lot by pain clinics. I think they prescribe lozenges too but that's inferior

Sorry to sound rude but this is misinformation. this is true of spravato, the newly patented s isomer of ketamine marketed for depression. Regular racemic ketamine can be compounded and sent to your house and done at home without ever needing a doctor to monitor your vitals. It's used a lot by pain clinics. I think they prescribe lozenges too but that's inferior
Sorry, was referring to the product available in my country, forgot to mention that. Know that some get K for pain but asked a bunch of pharmacies and none wanted to be able to sell it, and doctors never heard of prescribing it there either.

So should the xenon tank be at 30 psi or more, what's a standard psi for a tank of any given gas

me said:
.Praxair offer tanks of 25, 50, 100, 300, 1000, 5000, and 10000 L. A D8 tank is probably good, 100L is plenty.
[...] IIRC the tanks are at 500-1000 PSI.

remember pv=nrt, so pressure is dependent on tank volume and also the amount of gas in moles/grams, the entire reason you need a regulator is because tanks come filled at very high pressure, some tanks may be 3000psi or more...

also no pharmacy will sell ketamine without a valid prescription, in many jurisdictions it is a controlled substance so you need a special rx

pharmacy will sell ketamine without a valid prescription, in many jurisdictions it is a controlled substance so you need a special rx
I know this, shouldve mentioned, my point is that you get it with an rx but you dont need to go through the arduous process you would to try spravato , to simply get compounded racemic ketamine for pain. You need compounding pharmacies and an rx. But you dont need to go into a doctors office and be monitored after your dose

dont wanna sound like a downer, but seriously, you are the only person in the world ready to explore this on their own without any complete understanding of this stuff. im not certain you will even know how to do it most properly. again dont wanna be the downer on this, but my perspective is based on reality. But, GOOD LUCK!

Why not, we do the same with - depending on your point of view - more dangerous things like obscure research chemicals acquired through shady businesses, synthed in Chinese backyards etc.
This is what makes it scientific ;) to be among the first to do something. Laymen's science can be of similar value to following individuals like 'professional' one. If you are interested enough in something to willingly take whatever risk is possibly involved, go on! :)

Admitted, I personally had a slight first impression about 'umm.. really?' but only regarding the price tag of this substance, when I first read about xenon being a NMDA antag I was interested too. And e.g. would not hesitate for one sec to try a novel dissociative with probably favorable properties for example, while others would never to that. When there's hope that something might help/be interesting/fun/..., and you have the possibility, why not!

yeah true i agree. one example i can use is tianeptine which i buy from suspicious chinese manufacturers. but the difference is, tons of people actually experiment with this. while, who is experimenting with Xenon besides this guy??

It's from an official supplier, used in medicine as narcotic (and to produce lightbulbs) :) I got serious physical health issues from a contaminated batch of Chinese DCK which didn't look much different than the others but had some toxin in it which built up slowly in my system and began to impair speech, caused tremor and maybe even some sort of arrythmia (collapsed once in a public bathroom after redosing but could get up again by myself after some minutes of thinking 'ok, that was it for now. real junkie end').. noticed it far too late because it took weeks or even 1-2 months to build up and similar time to wash out, so didn't get the correlation with a substance I could use without any of these side effects before. Seems like at least one or two members here on BL got toxic symptoms from maybe the same batches. Do I have to add, that this didn't stop me at all from continuing on RCs - but stopped using the Onion Router and bulk orders from China..

shit man, you scare me with such a reply. i need to reevaluate my sources. i wish i can fucking go to europe by this time and finally get my tianeptine straight from them french labs. i just read most of tianeptine made in china is in WUHAN region. AWESOME!
today i overdosed too much on it too. i only ordered 2 grams and i got 5 grams. he must have been high himself! so i thought he is fucking with me cutting it with flour or something and took extra large dose and my head was spinning for 2 hours. this is the good thing about tianeptine. it only lasts about an hour, so the toxicitiy is not as severe. but i wonder what made this guy give me so much extra for free.... maybe he put other experimental shit in there to guinea pig me. makes no sense....

Sometimes they give you more, yeah (or less, this' more common but remember some of the noot guys are generous) ... didn't intend to scare you though, tianeptine will most likely be fine, but of course cuts or wrong delivery can happen always, everywhere. The real toxic impurities / synth leftovers tend to happen more with novel RCs, when they try new synth routes maybe and I tried to be smart and avoid the middleman but might have ended up at their department for dumping of fucked synths. From the reputable vendors (those with good ratings over longer time) I can't remember any real problem. Now it's more these legislation f**kers pushing blanket bans everywhere and this usually means a criminal case against you which, if they put a bill with your name into the parcel, will mean penalty and record.

Now, to Switzerland, they leave things in the unknown. You are allowed to import medicines for personal use. In "common quantities". This can mean like 120x 75mg venlafaxine because some people take 300mg or more. But when you order more than 10x tramadol 50mg they seize it and send you a penalty over 400 CHF (roughly same in $/€) without even any legal hearing. There is no rule for e.g. DCK at all afaik, in these cases they'll just let it ... sim-sala-bim ... disappear. Or invent a false positive for the non-existing chemical called 'Speed', don't know if they guess or have so shitty quick tests but got 3-MeO-PCP for coke and DCK for speed, ethylphenidate for methylphenidate ...

Sorry for derailing the thread @OP :oops:

threads are to be derailed. it gives them personality especially when they kind of slow down on the actual subject.
thanks for this info!

the impurities in xenon would proably be krypton and/or other atmospheric gases
that said most suppliers will provide >99.9% purity

Xenon is fun but remember that you need to have 20% oxygen in the mix or you could easily kill yourself, it has been around a long time and it is amusing to go superbaritone but be very aware that asphyxiant though inert gases are very dangerous if precautions aren't taken to make sure if you pass out (which you likely will) that the gas you inhale when unconscious has enough oxygen to keep you alive.

I asked /u/Borax on reddit about this (he works in some field related to pharmacology and he has tried xenon) and he thought if one is breathing xenon out of a balloon rather than a continuous flow of it through a mask that hypoxia is not really a worry. But I like to be overly cautious about brain damage so I will obtain some oxygen to mix with the xenon in balloons. Oxygen should be cheap right? The only thing is I could see there being more restrictions on it than xenon due to it being flammable

They sell this prepackaged oxygen for altitude sickness or athlete's on amazon called "boost" I have no idea if its legit but it may be easier to obtain than a larger tank of oxygen.
Fyi...oxygen is all around you for free...would it not be simpler and more cost effective to simply take breaths of air in between xenon balloon hits?
This what I reccomend for people even just using nitrous oxide.
You can take a big hit from the balloon hold it blow it out then take several breaths of air. Seems like a waste buying containers of oxygen imho.

My main thought is that trpm3 is probably somewhat downstream of the main cause of me/cfs, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

You can get an O2 concentrator pretty darn cheap now-a-days and produce your own 95% medical grade supply.

They are less than the cost of a small TV.

If you are planning to eat the regulator or if you live in California the lead and cadmium might be an issue. Eating several hundred grams of difficult to digest metal could be a health problem no matter what kind of metal.

If you are just charging balloons then in reality you don't need a regulator at all just use the tap on the cylinder, judging by the questions you are asking I would strongly advise against doing anything more complex than charging balloons with a slug of oxygen 20% by volume followed by a slug of xenon to fill. Hint fill balloon to half diameter with oxygen then to full diameter with xenon and it will be around 20% oxygen by volume . Welding oxygen is exactly the same as medical grade, perhaps medical grade has greater allowable water in it wheras Aviators oxygen is super dry. The main difference is the paperwork and traceability on the cylinders and sometimes a slightly different fitting for the regulator, the gas is the same.

if you don't add oxygen the effect you will have will bea combination of oxygen deprivation and xenon, for example people pass out from nitrous yet you can breathe 80/20 nitrous oxygen indefinately without passing out, the reason is that breathing pure nitrous from balloons causes some hypoxia because there is insufficient oxygen.