• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

XBOX 360 Scratching discs

This happened to me right after I got a 360. My girlfriend barely touched the 360 while I was playing Gears of War as she passed by and the disc got a huge scratch. Luckily I had just bought it so I took it back to the store and got a replacement.

fuck microsoft? fuck you. go buy a ps3 then. i didn't think so.

Yep, fuck Microsoft. I did sell my 360 and bought a PS3. Loving it. Oh and funnily enough I knocked it completely over onto it's side yesterday while playing SOCOM and absolutely nothing happened. The game didn't even freeze.

My Xbox just destroyed my game..

I just moved my X-Box 360 upstairs to find that when i turned it on it made a horrible disc scratchin noise.. I immediately took the disc out to find it had a fckin huge scratch all the way round the disc. It's fcked, the game won't play.. is there anythin i can do about this?

As you've learned, moving the xbox 360 with a game inside is easy way to fuck yourself. There's probably nothing you can do. You can try rubbing a little metal polish on the the scratch and then applying toothpaste (wipe off the disc afterwards). I've used this method to fix a couple scratched CDs, but it probably won't work if the scratch is too deep. Neither will rebuffing it.

If it's destroyed for good and it's a $60 game then I believe you can send it back to the publisher with $10 and they'll give you a new copy.