• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

xbox 360 issue

blissfulMenace

Bluelight Crew
all of a sudden my xbox 360 only plays in black and white.

it also freezes when i try to get in battles on lost oddessy

ive checked cables, the disc, my tv. i really dunno, just checkin to see if anyone else has had this issue

go to your xbox settings and click visual and change the pal settings

^^^
I'm pretty sure NTSC and PAL settings aren't changeable on a unmodified Xbox 360, at least in the US.

When did you get your Xbox 360 (Month/Year?)? FYI, 1 in 3 xbox360s failed during the first 360 motherboard type. There is a problem with overheating and the GPU in this motherboard revision. Have you had the red ring of death (RRoD)? If the xbox is 3 years old or younger, Call 1-800-4-my-xbox and you can get a replacement system under warranty!

I know it sounds simple, but I've driven myself crazy over the same thing:

Make sure it is set to HD/Standard on that switch on the cables. Otherwise it is probably faulty cables, or bad connectors on the TV. Try switching those as well. This doesn't sound like a hardware issue.

Nickatina said:
I know it sounds simple, but I've driven myself crazy over the same thing:

Make sure it is set to HD/Standard on that switch on the cables. Otherwise it is probably faulty cables, or bad connectors on the TV. Try switching those as well. This doesn't sound like a hardware issue.
The component cables can definitly handle standard 480i. The HDTV/TV switch would not cause monochrome graphics and intermittent freezes.