• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax withdrawal complications. In need of help please!

okay firstly there is NO doubt in my mind that cheezy is NOT a fucking doctor. For fucks sake hes mispelled ibuprofen in EVERY fucking post...not to mention all the other blaring signs...but i digress. I never once said that i wanted to up my dose of sub, the question was about STOPPING it since the rehab wouldnt allow me to take it. and lastly my blood pressure and heart rate is constantly fluctuating. everytime i went to the ER my blood pressure and heart rate were through the roof, but as i said it goes up and down like crazy. so should i just NOT take ibuprofen, tylenol, or aspirin anymore? the ER docs here told me i should take 800mg doses of ibuprofen as needed for pain/headaches...is this a bad idea??? just goes to show the incompetence of the docs here...they have NO fucking clue wtf they're doing, especially when it comes to wd.

Yeah don't listen to that cheezy dude, he's an idiot and his advice would probably get you killed lol. So OP when was your last dose of xanax exactly? And when was your last seizure? You can get valerian root for pretty cheap at a drug store, maybe that and a couple beers just to give you a few hours to relax and possibly find benzos some how to taper.

you have to taper down from benzos period. I have detoxed from multiple drugs including heroin and methadone and I would rather detox from them before xanex any day. First, do not just stop. I was taking 6 mg a day for 15 years and I went down a quarter a dose every 3 days then leveled out for 3 days then went down again and leveled off until I was taking a quarter twice a day for a week then a quarter for a eek then nothing. make sure to learn how to meditate and take vitamins to keep yourself healthy.

ok...i stopped on 3-17-16, so its been about 23 days since my last dose...and there is ZERO chance of me tapering besides the fact that its already been 23 fucking days of hell...i dont rly see the point in tapering after being this far in. also i do not drink and i feel like that would be the furthest thing from what would make me more comfortable. As i said before i was on 4mg a day for about 6 months, however i was abusing them pretty much the entire time, and was buying extra on the side as well. by the end of my use i was taking upwards of 20mg in one sitting, sometimes closer to 40 or 50mg (i know its fucking insane). I've had two seizures the last one i had was about 20 days ago, so hopefully i've seen the last of those. Im mainly more or less worried about having a stroke or heart attack with the severe chest and arm pain, which hasnt gone away for weeks now. Also i live alone which makes it even more terrifying.

The best thing over the counter is Phenibut, it kills most withdraw symptoms. You can get 50grams for $13 at liftmode,s website, start with 500mg twice a day. When you feel better taper off the Phenibut.

Also in answer to your anxiety issues, have you tried kava tea? I'm not sure how well it'd work in the case of serious post-withdrawal, but I've heard good things about its anxiolytic and calming properties.
I know you currently don't have the funds for this sort of thing, but it might be useful a future daily substitute for benzodiazepines.

ive taken kava before and it was a terrible experience. i probably took way too much. it made me feel drunk and dizzy as all hell and lasted for hours. i get REALLY bad headaches and migraines on a daily basis and desperately need something to ease the pain. Is there any NSAID i can take? I have aspirin, ibuprofen, and tylenol. The ibuprofen seems to work the best for me, but at the moment im more concerned of my well being than having to suffer a headache so that being said whats the best route?

Cheezy-It's Ibuprofen you fucking douchebag. If you were really a doctor you would know that. Plus most doctors dont smoke weed and promote online gaming on forums like this, or feel the need to mention how you are a doctor with every fucking post. i hope you get banned you fucking idiot. dont you realize that if someone actually believes that you are a doctor and takes your stupid fucking advice they could get seriously hurt or die? try living with that on your conscience you fucking sociopath. MODS-ban this fucking idiot.

20Mg/day yes you are not very smart at all, that's on you no sympathy from me.You seem like your not telling the truth first you say that you abused them, then you say they were stolen? At the same time I know exactly what your going through so I do feel for you and hope you feel better. Just last month I lost my script and barely got filled today 60 2mg 2x/day. You said its been around three weeks so Its way too late to taper good call on that, and 6 months isnt long ive been taking them for 2+ years its the ammount thats hurting you. If you need to for the bad days I would find some gabapentin to stave off the lingering wd symptoms. But you will be fine things are only going to get better with time shouldnt take long at all, Good Luck

Phenibut works much better than Gabapentin, I'm tapering off 4mg a day of clonazapam and have both. When I drop and get panic attack"s and rest of withdraw symptoms the gabapentin does nothing, but I get almost complete relief from Phenibut. Plus you have to get a script for Gabapentin.

D21153R-why would I lie about them being stolen after admitting that i abuse them? what could i be hiding? In my original post I admitted to abusing them...i dont understand why you would think i'd lie.

Cheezy is a moron and take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I feel bad for you bud I have like 100 .5 clonazepam just sitting in my drawer cause i barely take them...

Haven't read all the posts so just replying to the OP, but that is so irresponsible for a dr to cut someone off benzos cold turkey.?. So dangerous. Even at the dose you are on it could be fatal. When my drs found out how mich I was taking they had to write me the largest script they were legally allowed to (100mg valium from memory which was A LOT les than I was taking but it kept me safe) while I was waiting to get into medical detox (which was only 14 days and nowhere long enough to come off Benzos). I have now been tapering 2-3 years. I did see the comment about having to come off your SUBOXONE to go to treatment? Why do they make it so difficult?? Are you able to taper that at least? I know j sure as hell wouldn't be cold tir keying my Suboxone plus benzos/. I hope you have found a better answer. Drs don't have enough knowledge about the real dangers of benzo withdrawal and thats very scary and could cost people's lives.

Ok important question-so at the point i'm at now(25 days after last dose) should i still be concerned about the wd being possibly fatal? I havent had a seizure in about 21 days now, but my heart rate and blood pressure is all over the place, and the constant sharp pains in my left chest and left arm for weeks have been my main concern. Also i'm dizzy 24/7, but especially dizzy when i wake up in the morning to the point that i can seriously barely walk. the dizziness feels like my eyes cant keep up with each other and my vision is so fucked up i cant focus on anything. should i get some solace since last week i've had bloodwork, EKG, CT scan, and chest xrays and all came back normal? or could i still develop a heart attack or seizure even after those tests came back ok?

I quit cold turkey and the withdrawals where bearable up until the 3rd week. That is when hell began. Full on psychosis.
I didn't sleep for days and hallucinated and everything. Cure? 2 doses of 1mg ativan 12 hrs apart. Never had another symptom. Go figure.

OP maybe you should check into the detox center. You're suffering and i feel bad you're going thru this especially since its been over 3 weeks. I could only imagine.. And in response to your suboxone problem who said you have to stop taking them? I know they told you that but you could always sneak them in, prison style if you more what I mean. Or put them in a condom and swallow them. Once you go into withdrawal you should have no problem having bowel movements.

The dangers of the withdrawal being fatal or having more seizures should have diminished but the other horrible symptoms can continue for months :(. The best thing to do would to find a dr properly versed in benzo withdrawal and get back on a low dose and taper properly. ie. Slowly. It's been over 2 years, maybe close to 3 for me and down to 20mg valium now after one cold turkey and one 14 day rapid detox off a lot pf Benzos and other stuff.