• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax withdrawal complications. In need of help please!

besides, once again...i have no money...and even if i did what good is it going to do to find a handful of benzos. sure it would be nice for a few days, but wtf am i supposed to do when i run out? ill be right back in the same boat, and wouldnt taking benzos at this point kinda "reset" the wd when i stop again? theres no way i can find a steady source.

Have you thought about suing the doctor and the hospital?
Cutting you off CT was extremely dangerous and it could have killed you. And the hospital failed it's job miserably by giving you nothing after seizing two times..

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like you are crossing into the "post-acute" phase of WD. Where the physical symptoms will cease but the mental symptoms persist and linger longer. Avoid alcohol, avoid benzos - at 3 weeks you are almost homefree - but an abbrupt discontinuation like is definitely responsible for your horrible physical symptoms. And abrupt discontinuation can actually cause lingering problems much more than a taper. BUT "This too shall pass"

to kleiner kiffer ^^^^^^^^ No don't get any benzos now, it's been 3 weeks. And noone should bring up the word 'RCs' without a caveat of permanent and irreversible brain, organ, and tissue damage.

^sorry, you are absolutely right, didn't read that he's already 3 weeks into withdrawal, but a few posts above you and others recommend he should get some benzos from people he knows/strangers, so why the sudden change of mind?

But yeah better avoid anything that's acting on the GABA receptors, try to eat as health as possible, get as much vitamin D and maybe work out a bit, if it's not too much for your heart and you should be feeling better soon.

Last edited:
ok so i contacted the shitty rehab/detox place in town here and i found out i can get admitted for residential treatment, however i would have to stop taking my suboxone. Would that be a good idea? I feel like it'd be WAY too much stress on my body. i seriously already fear for my life because of my heart.

Paracetomal, asprin, iboprofen, bath, exercise food and have a long rest.

Im a former doctor

cheezy-i've heard from several ppl that NSAIDs can cause flare ups of wd symptoms so i've been trying to limit my intake of aspirin and ibuprofen, usually i only take them when i get bad headaches and migraines, which has been almost everyday so i try to last as long as i can before taking anything. Also, i saw a doc that prescribed me lexapro but i have yet to fill the script because of my lack of money and i also heard from several friends who have been on the drug that it has horrible side effects which i really cannot afford to have at this point. i've been on several SSRIs in the past and every single one of them gave me horrendoathus side effects that i could not function with. should i give it a try? also what should I do about the rehab/suboxone problem? I REALLY want to check into the rehab, but I feel like stopping my suboxone cold turkey wouldnt be beneficial to me whatsoever, at least at this point and time. I would much rather wait until i get over the storm of the benzo wd before taking up another battle. even the docs at the ER said that stopping the subs, and even quitting smoking for that matter would be too much stress so i should take it one problem at a time. Should i just take my chances at home and continue my subs and just keep going to the ER when necessary or check into the rehab and suffer like hell? also did i mention that the rehab here is a joke and they mainly deal with alcoholism so its basically a glorified hotel. all they do is supply you with a bed and meals and force you to work out and attend 3 AA/NA meetings a day. They dont even give you meds other than NSAIDs, sleeping aids, and seroquil(which i REFUSE to take). i highly disagree with all of their methods, however i feel like i could really use some supervision. I live alone and i'm terrified that if something happens im going to die. I had to call 911 last week because it felt like i was having a heart attack and it seriously took the ambulance 10-15 mins to get to me. If i had a heart attack/stroke i prolly wouldnt be alive. The rehab is about 3 blocks away from the hospital so thats a plus, but like i've stated it seems like the cons outweigh the pros.

cheezy-i've heard from several ppl that NSAIDs can cause flare ups of wd symptoms so i've been trying to limit my intake of aspirin and ibuprofen, usually i only take them when i get bad headaches and migraines, which has been almost everyday so i try to last as long as i can before taking anything. Also, i saw a doc that prescribed me lexapro but i have yet to fill the script because of my lack of money and i also heard from several friends who have been on the drug that it has horrible side effects which i really cannot afford to have at this point. i've been on several SSRIs in the past and every single one of them gave me horrendoathus side effects that i could not function with. should i give it a try? also what should I do about the rehab/suboxone problem? I REALLY want to check into the rehab, but I feel like stopping my suboxone cold turkey wouldnt be beneficial to me whatsoever, at least at this point and time. I would much rather wait until i get over the storm of the benzo wd before taking up another battle. even the docs at the ER said that stopping the subs, and even quitting smoking for that matter would be too much stress so i should take it one problem at a time. Should i just take my chances at home and continue my subs and just keep going to the ER when necessary or check into the rehab and suffer like hell? also did i mention that the rehab here is a joke and they mainly deal with alcoholism so its basically a glorified hotel. all they do is supply you with a bed and meals and force you to work out and attend 3 AA/NA meetings a day. They dont even give you meds other than NSAIDs, sleeping aids, and seroquil(which i REFUSE to take). i highly disagree with all of their methods, however i feel like i could really use some supervision. I live alone and i'm terrified that if something happens im going to die. I had to call 911 last week because it felt like i was having a heart attack and it seriously took the ambulance 10-15 mins to get to me. If i had a heart attack/stroke i prolly wouldnt be alive. The rehab is about 3 blocks away from the hospital so thats a plus, but like i've stated it seems like the cons outweigh the pros.
On second thought then dont do that but do a bath and exercise can do wonders also you must alway try and eat something in morning and down water like their is no tommoro dont take any painkillers just get some sleeping pills and Maybe an antidepresent only for short term use but you should only use the tabs if you really cant get sleep oh and ofcourse marijuana but i would reccomend not smoking until a few hours before bed that way it will effect you a lot more etc all if these and you just got to know your body speak to your gp and ask for some short term sleeping pills anti deppresents etc but say its cus of alcohol addiction if you dont wanna go on record then also say your allergic to xanax or something and need help sleeping and with comfort

Ps gaming and mariujuana can help and DONT bother with the paracetomal , ibo and asp i misred your post they can be bad for you at certain doses well kill you so dont take the 3 above btw hearthstone is a free mmo trump card game(by blizzard) very fun and strategic just getting that out their message me for name and good luck op you can do it think of your future and when this stupid nasty substance will no longer have a hold over you!

Oh and to your questions op no tbh if they give you bad side effects your bodys tryna tell you something plus you dont want to replace addiction with another one if you do tho keep dose use to a minimal and exercise caution is their anyone watching ovet you incase you have a seizurez?

If you think you'd be more comfortable at home detoxing then yes you could also try and keep yourself busy outside and inside to try and keep your mind off it but make sure you drink plenty of water and eat plenty of good food salads tuna natural stuff not the organic shit and try gaming pc or get a console if you got the money get some super weed or if u cant id bet you someone who could get that sorted id invest in a bong but take it slow like all drugs message me if you have anymore queries btw sorry for bad grammar im using my mobile and the screens cracked.

cheezy-i didnt understand half of what you said in your first response...dont do what? and what did you mean by tabs? and aspirin and ibuprofen could kill me? and you are condoning weed and gaming? kinda havin a hard time believing you are a former doc...seems like weed would be pretty detrimental to my state right now what with the anxiety and heart issues not to mention paranoia making everything 20x worse. is aspirin/ibuprofen really that bad that it could kill me???

My screens cracked i was just tryna give you some off the book advice and weed is legal in my state on second thought dont message me

It wasnt the fact of weed being illegal...i stated the reason why. And i wasnt planning on messaging you, that was hands down the worst advice i've received. Im not going to trust someone pretending to be a doctor.

Well i think we all know why your angry..

And if it wasnt against the rules id show you my credentials then put a permanent red flag on you when im called back that is sigh...

Imo the best thing the OP can do is to stay away from any drugs, even antidepressants imo(some can even lower the seizure threshold if I'm not mistaken) eat healthy, drink 2L of water a day, go outside, work out if you can, meditate andsstuff like that.
3 weeks is a long time and you can be proud of yourself! It should get better from now on.

Last edited:
Okay I know this isn't ideal, but alcohol can help as a last resort if you're in full blown benzo WD. Like say 3 beers. It's slightly better then having absolutely nothing.

^^again he's right, buprenorphine can leat to QT prolongation and given you already are worried about your heart it's not the best idea to up the dose.

Do you know your heart rate and blood pressure?

Okay I know this isn't ideal, but alcohol can help as a last resort if you're in full blown benzo WD. Like say 3 beers. It's slightly better then having absolutely nothing.

Yes it could help, but the withdrawal will be worse after, as both benzos and alcohol act on GABA-A