• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax -- Medical Issues and First Time Qs

Schuba

Greenlighter
My sister is extremely allergic to Lortabs, and I was wondering if that has any correlation with Xanax? I was looking to try Xanax for the first time, I would like to know how much I should take to feel anything if Xanax and Lortabs can't be directly related.

Lortab = acetaminophen and hydrocodone (opioid)
Xanax = alprazolam (benzodiazepine)
Both are CNS depressants but that's it, so there should be no allergic reactions.
Try 0.25-0.5mg for your first time.
If you don't suffer from anxiety don't expect too much.

i'd go with 0.5mg of Xanax for a first timer with no benzo experience or tolerance. A great number of people don't find benzos to be enjoyable; instead they just get knocked out and sleep for a day and then sleep some more. My very first benzo Rx was for 0.5mg Xanax tablets. I took one and slept for like 16 hours. didn't feel any euphoria or anything. it was only after taking them for a few weeks that I started to like them and get some recreational value out of them. fyi, don't mix benzos with opiates =]

Benzos aren't like norcos but combining them gets a stronger effect . It isn't really that pleasurable to be real, and it's very very dangerous especially people with no tolerance trying to mix the two ( opiates and benzos.) I find it kills my opiate euphoria and I am left with intense benzo feeling and sedation and general " downer" effect. But the good part of the opiate high is diminished by he benzos. They dumb down the whole thing and honestly can kill when mixed. It's a huge killer of people in the U.S. Who dies from prescription drugs. The combo dosage of benzo and opioid may even be the number one killer of those who did by prescription meds, Od or otherwise.

But yea if u must do less of either one than u would do if it was not in combo. If u take 20mg hydro normally , and ur starter Xanax dose is.5 mg by themselves then do 5-10 mg hydro and .25 mg Xanax. But try each on their own first before conniving and please actually don't even bother that's really the best answer because it's so dangerous and is a good way to get hooked on two very powerful and dependence-causing drugs which nobody ever wants . Be safe , good luck.

Thanks for the answers guys I'll take them all into consideration. I suffer from minor anxiety and periodic depression @kleinerkiffer

Well if you have genuine anxiety you will get some relief and that possibly will be euphoric in itself but if you have no issues IME xannax have no recreational value and this is coming from a guy whose favorite drug is more(damn near whatever the substance is).

Thanks for the answers guys I'll take them all into consideration. I suffer from minor anxiety and periodic depression @kleinerkiffer
Xanax is great for stopping a panic attack /social events if you suffer from social anxiety, but it's quite addictive and withdrawal is hell, so don't take it to often.
Benzos often tend to make you feel like you are not "high" but in reality you already blacked out, so stay under 1-1.5mg.
Stay safe :)