• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax - Hydrocodone

severscott

Greenlighter
Evening all,

I took 1.5mg of xanax(normal dosage for me) at 8pm and then around 3am I woke up and took 3 norco's 10's. I realized after doing this that it wasn't a smart idea because I forgot to check the forum for any interactions. I do take xanax daily(1.5mg), but do not take Norco's unless in a lot of pain(from shoulder surgery). So it's sporadic use, not daily.

I'm 6'3" and 225lbs, but wanted to check in if this should be a concern. Figured it best to check in with the pro's and see if this is something I should be worried about. I understand mixing the two is not smart and it wasn't done for recreation. It was a stupid brain fart on my end. I thought about throwing up right after taking them, but wasn't able to puke. Overall I feel fine still. I was thinking of doing some work and not trying to sleep to keep myself active while it wears off.

Thoughts?

Evening all
Hi, and welcome to BL.
IMO you should be safe as it would seem you have a tolerance to the benzo from what was posted. However; I would not make a habit of this mixing benzos with opioids as this can easily slip into a most dangerous and deadly habit.
Is there anyone else in the household that can be relied upon if things happen to go sideways?
Best wishes

Yes, I do have someone here. I have never done something like this in the years I have taken Xanax. It was one of those things I just didn't think about until after laying back down and going back to sleep. I've never taken the two together though. I've always read here not only is it a waste if it was for recreation, more importantly it's a good way to hurt yourself. I'm certainly a bit tired now, but not anything crazy. About how long should I be worried about being in the danger zone if something were to happen. I won't have anyone in the house in about 3 hours.

If something bad were to happen it would probably occur within the first two hours.

But those doses are relatively safe and within therapeutic range, especially since you're a big guy. I wouldn't worry about an overdose, only unwanted levels of sedation which might result in unwanted situations or behavior.

Like @6am-64-14m mentioned you just really don't want to make a habit of that combo, highly addictive. That's the biggest danger here IMO.