• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax and oxycodone

jafar1

Greenlighter
I am prescribed 3-4mg Xanax daily as needed. A couple days ago I came across some Percocet 10/350s and am having terrible stomach pains, migraines and just feel overall shitty and sick. Would it be ok to take a half or one of the percs to help with the body pains and stomach cramps? Or would the opiate make my nausea worse, and could potentially depress my CNS to an unsafe level? I have a high tolerance to benzos but none to opiates. Thanks for your time guys

There is a chance that it could make your nausea worse, but theres no way to tell for sure without doing it. I dont believe that taking half of a 10mg oxy will depress your breathing too much, even with benzos in your system. but obviously you know not to take more than that. Keep the dose of oxy low, or dont take your xanax when you plan on taking your oxy

I always say that combining CNS depressants like opioids and benzos is extremaly dangerous, but if you have a tolerance and take that much every day 5 mg of oxycodone shouldn't cause much of a problem.

You should be fine spreading out 2.5 mgs every 1-3 hours since it's for pain and not getting high you shouldn't worry if you feel it enough as you expected it to be . The amount of Tylenol in one perc isn't enough to really cause substantial increase in nausea

People mix these all the time for recreation...you will be fine
While this person will most likely be fine mixing the two therapeutic doses many who combine for recreational use die from this combo making this a very good question the OP should be aware of the combos danger as they may be an outlier and be ultra sensitive and could die from theraputic doses. The attitude you have is why recreational users die from this combo so often

When was the last time OP took opiates. "Came across" doesn't sound like a very tolerant person.
This is HR. That means DO NOT ASSUME. Im not trying to be a hard ass, but technically we are dealing with two substances
that are proven fatal when combined.

OP also stated 10/350. For those of you paying attention, that's not a dose. That shows a person further removed from pill usage.

While this person will most likely be fine mixing the two therapeutic doses many who combine for recreational use die from this combo making this a very good question the OP should be aware of the combos danger as they may be an outlier and be ultra sensitive and could die from theraputic doses. The attitude you have is why recreational users die from this combo so often

Of course. People doing it all the time does not make it safe. It's not safe to mix those two meds, especially considering OP high tolerance with benzos.

People mix these all the time for recreation...you will be fine

And people die due this combination all the time...
Everyone reacts different, due to unique tolerance, metabolism etc. so just because some people are fine doesn't mean that you'll be

If you have to ask, you don't know. Usage of this combination is not recommended.

If you have to ask, you don't know. Usage of this combination is not recommended.
Agreed. Generally speaking, two depressants together is always going to be a bad idea and can cause an OD. It can cause the central nervous system to run too slowly to be able to support basic vitals. Just because somebody consumes a dangerous mix without overdosing doesn't mean that it is any less likely to cause an OD in a different person and could even lead to an OD in the same person on a different occasion. The effects of one downer/depressant are far more predictable than two together.

Last edited:
I've always felt that benzos, especially ones with a strong affinity for the GABA receptor i.e. Xanax, always took away from the oxycodone experience...It nullified the enhanced motivation, speedy aspect of the oxy...Tolerance will be a critical player here...All those who call this combination deadly (it has the potential to be) know that it's a HEAVILY legally RX'ed combo in the states. Stick with a low dose of the opiate and if need be wait a few hours a reassess and maybe take more.

OP, I think you are referring to Percocet 10's 10/325, as to the best of my knowledge there is no pill in the USA containing a 10/350 mg combination of oxycodone/acetominophen. I too am prescribed 4 mg daily of Xanax and I frequently dose muc higher than this but I am addicted to opiates so my dose could likely kill most without tolerane to both of these drugs... without my benzos I have grand-mal seizures and I hardly get high off of benzos alone at all despite the usually high dosages I take. I'm definitely not the person whose tolerance should be used as a measure to other individuals and their dosing hahaha. I for one think you sould be fine taking one 10 mg percocet for pain with your xanax considering you have probably developed a tolerance to the benzos you take but this being said you should always be aware that mixing opiates and benzos is dangerous and can and will depress your heart rate and your breathing rate and it has killed people before so if you do decide to mix these two substances you are taking a risk and only you can decide if you are willing to take this risk and at what dosages you are willing to roll a dice with.

you'd have to adapt to them first and that nausea will go away.

It's only dangerous if you don't know your limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP, I think you are referring to Percocet 10's 10/325, as to the best of my knowledge there is no pill in the USA containing a 10/350 mg combination of oxycodone/acetominophen
This shows just how clueless you are let alone the harmful advice following it I have yet to read