View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Xanax and DXM

caden_g59

Greenlighter
Earlier today, I picked up some DXM. I plan on tripping tonight at 3rd plateau; dosing at 708mg. I have work before, at 4:00-9:30. I take Xanax .5mg for social anxiety, so I'm going to take it at around 3:30. I going to dose around 10:30-11:00 tonight. I'm wondering if (a) this would render the effects of DXM, and (b) if it will be safe.

It's not unsafe but can really increase issues with amnesia if they both are acting together as well as increasing other side effects like maybe on motor control / dizziness etc. Also benzos really blunt dissociative psychedelia and make the trip so much more foggy. If the xanax has kind of worn off at that point you would get more of a mild blurring.

Keep a real good eye on that set and setting.

^this. I've recently combined DXM and etizolam (3rd plateau for DXM, don't remember exact etiz dose but probably around 3mg-I have a tolerance though). All in all, a wonderful experience and very smooth but there was indeed a lot of amnesia and some confusion (trip was otherwise unaffected), and I kept bumping/falling into things and got some minor injuries. If you're not experienced, a trip sitter would be a good idea. Otherwise, keep the aforementioned effects in mind, but it is relatively safe. Which plateau is that DXM dose for you though?