• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Adderall Withdrawl Question

Red11

Greenlighter
Am i crazy? Or this normal?

Been taking xanax and adderal 20mg xr randomly for years. Prescribed. 3mgs of xanax a day. Never usually took all of them. Haven't had a bad panic attack in years. Then boom. Had a bad one. Now its like my body needs it 24/7. It varies though. 1mg most of the time. 2mg for the bad times: public places, vertigo, etc. Stopped taking the adderal. Could that cause bad symtoms to become worse?

I keep reading of people tapering steadily. Is this necessary? Cause my "cure everything" dosage is about 1.5mg to 2mg. Also what it takes to function in public. I also hate big buildings with a lot of lights. But if I'm comfortable, I'm good on 1mg. Sometimes ill accidentally go 10 hours without taking another without noticing it. Does varying dosages hurt me more than help? I'd prefer to take the minimum while functioning.

Doctor won't prescribe more than 4mg a day. He probably can't unless he wants to loose his job. Im averaging 5mg a day though. And finding more is a struggle around my area.

On a side note. Tried taking zoloft again, and it caused way more anxiety. Made me too jittery. There any long term drugs that are more calming?

I came here for advice because my general doctor obviously isn't a pro, and psychs around here are too hard to get a session in with.

From my personal experience stopping Adderall cold turkey just made me tired for a few days. Once I got some rest I was fine. Xanax on the other hand is not something you want to play around with. 5mg a day is a pretty high dose. One thing that has helped me with remembering to take my meds is setting reminders on my phone. Be careful with Xanax or any benzo for that matter... if you are taking it daily the worst thing you could possibly do is stop cold turkey.

Stopping adderall cold turkey is the way to go, there really isn't much of a withdrawal besides feeling a little dull and tired.

You absolutely must taper the xanax though. Xanax withdrawals can cause seizures and other bad side effects if not tapered.

I have been a year and a half taking Ritalin IR 100mg daily and the last two days I have been without it. It have been two days of Ritalin withdrawal and I have suffer it OK, taking my usual med during the day (pregabalin, diazepam, sulpiride and methadone) and this morning I get a recipe for Ritalin and from I buyed it in pharmacy I have taken two orally doses of 30mg IR Ritalin. Too I am going to buy 600mg IR Ritalin online because I need more than I have reciped

Well as far as the taper goes.. Does it have to be steady? Like exactly the same amount every? Somedqys I dont need more than 3-4mg. Usually always 5. But some days I have to take more. Usually in stressful moments. Driving, public places. Airports are definitely miserable.

Ive considered purchasing some extra online. For emergencies only, of course. Ive ordered illegal stuff in here mail, but only from highly credible sites. Little nervous to try this new one. Pretty sure its against the rules to name a website.....