• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Would someone shoot up a stranger who is dopesick?

Swimmingdancer

Bluelight Crew
I just watched this movie that was from Norway and in it a priest and a church organist are at their church and find a heroin addict lying by the door who is in really bad withdrawals. He asks them to inject him with some heroin (which he has) and they willingly oblige. He gives them the syringe and they ask him where he would like to be injected, he says his leg, so they lift up his pant leg and see scabs and what look like small abscesses, find a vein, register and inject.

Of course my first thought was that it was completely unrealistic. I am from Canada and I highly doubt than anyone in North America (except maybe a fellow heroin addict doing it for a friend who couldn't hit themselves) would help inject a stranger, no matter how sick they were. But I am wondering what you guys think? Are things different in Norway? Is there anyone out there who would do that, especially someone who is not a drug user themselves?

I think the movie was trying to show what non-judgmental people these characters were, but still, it seemed far-fetched and unbelievable to me.

I remember when a friend of mine overdosed - a young attractive woman - and she was lying on the ground unconscious and no one would help us. I couldn't even get a passerby to stay will her while I ran to the payphone to call an ambulance.

There are probably some circumstances when I would do it and some when I wouldnt.

I can't really see how someone couldn't shoot up himself/herself. Sure, your hands may shake terribly when you're in withdrawal but come on...

I myself wouldn't ask some random person to "help me out" if I still shoot up. The scene you described is very unrealistic.

Nope wouldn't do it.... I'd give them money to do it but nahh I shake like crazy sometimes from my hypoglycemia so I don't think he would want me to do it anyways lol

A lot of people who are just starting with injection drug use aren't that great at self-injecting.

I don't think it's very unrealistic but it's not something that happens frequently.

Take a walk around East Hastings in Vancouver (if you have the balls that is haha) I can almost guarantee you'll see some1 shooting up another addict who's lying there too dopesick to do it themselves. From what I hear its common practice for the street addicts there.

Take a walk around East Hastings in Vancouver (if you have the balls that is haha) I can almost guarantee you'll see some1 shooting up another addict who's lying there too dopesick to do it themselves. From what I hear its common practice for the street addicts there.

I wonder what the policy in the Safe Injection Sites they have there is in regards to this topic. I know that they only allow the nurses to help the person locate a vein, but they can't shoot the person up, but I wonder if they would allow addicts to IV each other.

A lot of people who are just starting with injection drug use aren't that great at self-injecting.

I don't think it's very unrealistic but it's not something that happens frequently.
bishes all the time would ask me to help em out...

ive done it plenty of times for my x... n a few others... but before i could do it myself... N NOT THAT WELL AT THAT ive had homeless people hit me off.. random homeless people at that...

these 2 prostitutes i knew that fucked this dude to live in his house in the hood... they would just ask me to buy them a bag

I'd say itd be entirely circumstantial.
like gimpan said if a certain situation arose then possibly.
Otherwise i might not.
Honestly i probably would, just cuz if it was me id want help too.
And it could potentially save that person's life. :/

Actually I live on Hastings St ;)
So I definitely "have the balls".

But I am talking about would a person who doesn't do any drugs themselves inject a random heroin addict they don't even know? Not junkies helping each other shoot up.

Personally I wouldnt trust anyone else to inject me, and I know if I couldnt hit myself no one could anyway, not even a nurse or lab tech can find my veins.

Just out of curiosity how could injecting someone else save their life? What did you mean exactly argentina420?

Last edited:
If I did it'd be an IM shot since I'm not that good at IV, atleast I think I wouldn't be on others. I can feel when I'm in when I poke myself, but doing it to another person, a stranger too, I don't know if I could. As mentioned before, it would depend on the situation. But I wouldn't give an IV shot to anyone nomatter what. Wouldn't at all feel comfortable about it since I've never shot up anyone, aside from myself.

So the people in the movie knew how to shoot someone up (register in the vein)?

I've never shot up anywhere on the legs so I don't know how easy that would be to do.

So the people in the movie knew how to shoot someone up (register in the vein)?

I've never shot up anywhere on the legs so I don't know how easy that would be to do.

I find it fairly easy. I only use the surface veins, and don't aim to hit the femoral at all.

Leg veins tend to bruise heavily though.

I would probably do it depending on the situation like some others have said. I'd want to know at least a little background information about the users habit, and how much heroin was in the shot. I would also administer it slowly, pausing halfway through to make sure the guy/girl wasn't going to fall out on me.

Its a tricky question though... Is it harm reduction? I'm fairly decent at hitting people off (even those with wrecked veins), and I'd rather give them a shot relatively quickly than have them sitting around for hours sticking themselves with the same needle trying to hit. Of course I'd recomend rectal or another administration, but let's face the facts, if we're talking about someone on the street asking you to shoot them up, I doubt they are going to just sniff it instead.

I would do it as long as the person didn't look so crazy that I was worried they'd try to take the needle and jab me with it after it had been in them lol. For real some people who live on the street just look crazy as fuck - i was homeless for a while so i dont judge but some of them are crazy you can just tell

@znegative -- are you saying you'd be willing to help them administer it rectally? ;) hahaha

Yes, a lot of people cannot inject themselves at the beginning (I knew one guy who never injected himself and his mate always did it for him). But if they're to ask anyone to do the injection for them, then it's much more likely they are going to ask someone they KNOW, e.g. someone who helped them buy heroin.

An unrealistic situation would be if there was a dopesick person lying on the street with hands shaking so much he/she can't aim for the vein properly and out of the blue sky asked some passer-by to help him register... Just picture it. ;)

^ Now picture that! I can't see myself shoving a pill up some junkie's ass...

If we get so sympathetic with junkies so wasted... They should go to detox and some rehab if their situation is so bad that they can't register themselves.

The most I could do (knowing how it is to be in withdrawal) is buy that person a new syringe and a new needle... Or a damned light bulb vaporizer! If he/she couldn't register, I guess he/she could still hold a lighter under a light bulb and inhale the vapour coming out.

Let's keep in mind it's a stranger who might as well just wait for the right situation to rip you off. :p