Would Remote Mind Control Be Possible With Current Technology?

What do you think NeuraLink is REALLY being developed for? It will make paralyzed people walk or some shit, so everyone will want it but of course the reason is some N.W.O transhumanism Godlessness.
What about Mars? Nobody could survive there it doesn't have an iron core so the magnetic field is weak and it's constantly being bombarded by cosmic rays.

Who the hell knows what’s eventually gonna be possible. All we know is what we’ve found out so far. Those with malicious intent will probably already know about it way before it becomes mainstream

Only an idiot would think we already know everything

Victims claim to be given Cancer, really wish this was a delusion.

UNCLASSIFIED
Defense Technical Information Center Compilation Part Notice
ADP014113
TITLE: Low Frequency Noise: A Major Risk Factor in Military Operation

DISTRIBUTION: Approved for public release, distribution unlimited Availability: Hard copy only.
NSFW:

This paper is part of the following report:
TITLE: Aging Mechanisms and Control. Symposium Part A - Developments in Computational Aero- and Hydro-Acoustics. Symposium
Part B - Monitoring and Management of Gas Turbine Fleets for Extended Life and Reduced Costs [Les mecanismes vieillissants et le controle] [Symposium Partie A - Developpements dans le domaine de l'aeroacoustique et I'hydroacoustique numeriques] [Symposium Partie B ...
To order the complete compilation report, use: ADA415749
The component part is provided here to allow users access to individually authored sections A proceedings, annals, symposia, etc. However, the component should be considered within -he context of the overall compilation report and not as a stand-alone technical report.
The following component part numbers comprise the compilation report: ADP014092 thru ADP014141​

The genotoxic component of LFN has already been demonstrated in both animal [37] and human models [38,39] through the increased frequency of sister chromatid exchanges in LFN-exposed populations. Malignancy among VAD patients has been increasingly well characterized. LFN-induced lung tumors are only of one type: squamous cell carcinoma. In the central nervous system, only glial tumors have been found. Other tumors are all located in hollow organs: bladder, colon, larynx and kidney [2].

Immediate effects of LFN-exposure can include a) decreased capacity for cognitive functions, which implies a decline in performance, the consequences of which can be minor to devastating; b) sudden onset of acute respiratory problems, neurological disturbances, and mood alterations, such as, rage reactions. Cumulative effects of LFN-exposure can include triggering of early aging processes, and the development of vibroacoustic disease in susceptible (70%) individuals. Early compulsory retirement is a frequent situation.

VIBROACOUSTIC DISEASE

Long-term exposure to LFN can cause Vibroacoustic Disease (VAD): a systemic pathology, characterized by whole-body proliferation of the extra-cellular matrix [2-4]. VAD has been identified in military [5,6] and civilian pilots and aircrews [7], aeronautical mechanics and technicians [8,9], and, more recently, in a civilian population exposed to military training exercises for over five decades [10]. VAD is a whole-body pathology, simultaneously compromising several organ systems.
DecreasedCognitiveAbilities andNeuroPsychiatricPathology

In 1985, our group was awarded the first prize of the National Institute for Public Health, for the mathematical treatment of brainstem auditory evoked potentials (BAEP's) in a population of LFN-exposed workers [I1]. Using clustering algorithms and multivariate analysis of the distribution of action currents, we successfully demonstrated that statistically significant differences existed in the P300 (longer latencies and lower amplitudes) and N2 (longer latencies) components of LFN-exposed personnel, when compared to controls [12]. These abnormalities are associated with cognitive deterioration. Brainmapping showed wave displacement that changed the potentials topography into frontal, often asymmetric, with multipeaked patterns, consistent with degenerative processes, and usually seen in the elderly. The average age of the LFN-exposed population was 42.7 years (range 31-57) [12].

In a subsequent MRI study of the same population, the following brain abnormalities were correlated with the existence of abnormal BAEP's: hyperintense foci in T2 of the subcortical and-periventricular white matter, basal ganglia and brain stem - usually seen in Alzheimer's disease before signs of cortical atrophy; and cerebral atrophy and dilation of the perivascular Virchow-Robin spaces - also seen in dementia [ 12,13].

The memory quotient of individuals occupationally exposed to LFN, evaluated with the Weschler Memory Scale test, is significantly lower than that of the control population, although attention span, evaluated with the Toulouse-Pi~ron test, was not altered [14]. PACT - performance assurance computerized test, developed by ARCO, California, EUA after the Exxon Valdez accident, confirmed the cognitive deterioration in these individual [15,16 1.

Other neurological signs and disorders are frequently present in LFN-exposed individuals. Late-onset epilepsy was diagnosed in 10% of a group of LFN-exposed workers in an aeronautical plant in Portugal [17,2]. The expected rate in the general population is 0.2%. Epilepsy has also been seen in flight attendants [7] and in a automobile sales-clerk, whose office was housed in an unusual LFN environment [4]. A unique case among the literature of
vibration-induced reflex epilepsy has also been identified in an aeronautical technician [18,19] and now again in a flight attendant [in press].

Some LFN-exposed workers exhibit automatisms - non-purposeful movements reminiscent of an epileptic nature. Reports abound on aircraft technicians who walk in front of the turbine, thus being sucked in by the engines [2], or personnel on aircraft carriers who suddenly decide
to walk off the deck into the water [20]. Our group believes this phenomena may be related to reported rage-reactions and unusual suicide attempts seen in LFN-exposed populations [4]. MooddisordersareamongthefirstsignsofVAD,andbegintoappearafterthefirst1-5years of LFN exposure [3]. These later progress into severe mood disorders such as depression, increased aggressiveness and irritation, especially when exposed to daily, urban noise [3,4

Shits so vile there really aren't words

Last edited:

A Genome-Wide Association Study of Clinical Symptoms of Dissociation in a Trauma-Exposed Sample​

Erika J. Wolf,1,2 Ann M. Rasmusson,1,2 Karen S. Mitchell,1,2 Mark W. Logue,3,4 Clinton T. Baldwin,3 and Mark W. Miller1,2

Recent work suggests that a subset of individuals with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) exhibit marked dissociative symptoms, as defined by derealization and depersonalization. A dissociative subtype of PTSD was added to the diagnostic criteria listed in the DSM-5 to capture this presentation of PTSD. This study examined genetic polymorphisms for association with the symptoms that define the dissociative subtype of PTSD using a genome-wide approach.

possible link for how some victims are chosen

I'm somewhat of a skeptic on this conspiracy theory, but I have often wondered if it would be possible. There are people who call themselves "targeted individuals" and claim that the government is using HAARP and/or other high tech installations to beam mind control signals into their brain. In other words to change their emotional state using electromagnetic frequencies. I find their claims rather chilling and sometimes wonder if they are on to something, as some of them honestly don't strike me as crazy but merely experiencing something that most don't. However, do their claims violate the laws of plausibility and physics? In other words, could governmental organizations beam signals into someone's brain from afar like that? Or is that impossible? Thoughts? How much energy would it take to do that? And if it wasn't directed at one individual but merely these people are more astute to it than others....... perhaps a diffuse signal of some kind is being beamed from such installations to the populace at large. That would make somewhat more sense to me given the way that I understand these things, though admittedly I still don't buy it. Perhaps, that actually is a scientifically valid hypothesis though? Though, perhaps that isn't possible either. In short, do you think it's possible that the government could come up with an installation that is capable of affecting the thoughts of the populace by using electromagnetic waves. What if they put something into the air (e.g. chemtrails) to amplify the signals? Would this be scientifically possible? Not saying it's happening. Just curious if these types of conspiracy theories are within or against the laws of physics. Not plausibility. Because while I don't believe in these theories, some people I have seen and talked to online do (in the course of my conspiracy theory/ufology research). Simply out of curiosity I wonder if these theories are plausible. Even if perhaps these people have simply gone off the deep end........ perhaps what they are saying is not 100% impossible. Or is it?

No.
100% the only people who believe this is happening are drug users (usually psychedelics or meth) and schizophrenics.

Bullshit, if you don't have a clue rent one.

Usually I don't respond to ignorant people as its really not their fault.

But you regularly use psychedelics? So of course you think that

If you can offer any evidence at all to back up the mind control via technology thing, I will happily retract my statement and apologise (< not sarcasm, I mean it, I will)

But you regularly use psychedelics? So of course you think that

If you can offer any evidence at all to back up the mind control via technology thing, I will happily retract my statement and apologise (< not sarcasm, I mean it, I will)
ill get it too. What the Fuck would psychedelic use have to do with this.. nothing!! No I don't regularly use them I occasionally use them.

The people or rather major felons who are doing this are breaking the US federal law against torture, and about a thousand others, and that caries a life in prison and death penalty. It also caries a conspiracy charge. The reason its so difficult to get hard proof is some powerful and intelligent heads will role and its been designed to be as difficult as possible to get proof. They are actually much more successful at torturing people covertly while leaving almost no hard proof than they are at controlling victims minds. They are good at making people appear mentally ill, delusional or suffering from stimulant psychoses. Thats by design to discredit victims. They are also very good at manipulating public opinion, a form of mind control, to believe these are the causes.

Discovery or the following materials and methods: that will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the receiver would be discredited in public, increase the frequency of mentaion and perception, prevent or counteract the effects of alcohol, promote signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible way so they can be used for malingering...
p.9 Lineville

Malingering is not considered a mental illness. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), malingering receives a V code as one of the other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention. The DSM-5describes malingering as the intentional production of false or grossly exaggerated physical or psychological problems. Motivation for malingering is usually external (e.g., avoiding military duty or work, obtaining financial compensation, evading criminal prosecution, or obtaining drugs). [1]

ill get it too. What the Fuck would psychedelic use have to do with this.. nothing!! No I don't regularly use them I occasionally use them.

The people or rather major felons who are doing this are breaking the US federal law against torture, and about a thousand others, and that caries a life in prison and death penalty. It also caries a conspiracy charge. The reason its so difficult to get hard proof is some powerful and intelligent heads will role and its been designed to be as difficult as possible to get proof. They are actually much more successful at torturing people covertly while leaving almost no hard proof than they are at controlling victims minds. They are good at making people appear mentally ill, delusional or suffering from stimulant psychoses. Thats by design to discredit victims. They are also very good at manipulating public opinion, a form of mind control, to believe these are then causes.

p.9 Lineville

Oh, I'm 100% with you on the cover/illegal torture thing. Especially by the U.S. government. There's even documented cases of them teaching OTHER governments (particularly in south and central America) "Interrogation" techniques etc. Like Mexico even has The School of the America's where they're taught "interrogation" (read: torture and terrorism) techniques, including to "the cartel"

Thanks for actually replying to me with interesting information. I'm gonna follow the links right after I post this reply.

Interesting that Malingering is not considered a disorder, while Munchausen's is...I mean, motivation is the ONLY difference between the two, really.

EDIT: Oh, the psychedelics things is because [based on what I've read on that forum on here] for some reason people who take them tend to fully believe that certain experiences they have while under the influences of them are real...even though those experiences are known to be what those drugs cause

Oh, I'm 100% with you on the cover/illegal torture thing. Especially by the U.S. government. There's even documented cases of them teaching OTHER governments (particularly in south and central America) "Interrogation" techniques etc. Like Mexico even has The School of the America's where they're taught "interrogation" (read: torture and terrorism) techniques, including to "the cartel"

Thanks for actually replying to me with interesting information. I'm gonna follow the links right after I post this reply.
Thats for sure. What they were teaching them off was the

Kubark Counterintelligence Interrogation Manual

The technology facilitated current MK program has many roots in this manual. The major goal of MK was to be able to make someone do things against their will. "Enhanced interrogation" is designed to make people do things against their will; to make people tell information and give up secrets against their allegiance.

Now we see the covert audio popping up in Mexican child sex trafficking news.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-judge-reprimanded-telling-jury-god-told-sex/story?id=61510284#:~:text=The judge later apologized to,in prison, the report states.

Texas judge reprimanded after telling jury that God told him sex trafficking suspect was innocent

God or "voice of God" technology?

There is another news article where a scumbag pimp arrested for sex trafficking from Mexico is in prison and being attacked by one of these systems. It's posted in this thread but I can't find it right now. I will repost it when I come across it again.

Last edited:
@ChemicallyEnhanced

Here is good pod cast OnPoint about how even the CIA and other high ranking agencies are finding it very difficult to figure it out and get any solid proof

its infrasound not microwaves.

Thats for sure. What they were teaching them off was the

Kubark Counterintelligence Interrogation Manual

The technology facilitate current MK program has many roots in this manual. The major goal of MK was to be able to make someone do things against their will. "Enhanced interrogation" is designed to make people do things against their will; to make people tell information and give up secrets against their allegiance.

Now we see the covert audio popping up in Mexican child sex trafficking news.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-judge-reprimanded-telling-jury-god-told-sex/story?id=61510284#:~:text=The judge later apologized to,in prison, the report states.

Texas judge reprimanded after telling jury that God told him sex trafficking suspect was innocent

God or "voice of God" technology?

There is another news article where a scumbag pimp arrested for sex trafficking from Mexico is in prison and being attacked by one of these systems. It's posted in this thread but I can't find it right now. I will repost it when I come across it again.

The judge thing I think was just either lying or delusional.
Actually, at would point would you (you personally, I mean) differentiate between someone who has a delusional delusional disorder or is suffering from psychosis, and someone who is being (attacked? for want of a better word) with this technology?

The judge thing I think was just either lying or delusional.
Actually, at would point would you (you personally, I mean) differentiate between someone who has a delusional delusional disorder or is suffering from psychosis, and someone who is being (attacked? for want of a better word) with this technology?
I think that criminals used the forced audio/ V2K and pretended to be God talking to the judge in an effort to get this human trafficker off. Thats why it is nicknamed the "Voice of God."

Personally I think delusional disorder and psychosis are similar, but there are some key differences. Psychosis is the inability to distinguish reality from fantasy/fiction. Delusion is the belief in at least one thing that isn't true or most people believe is untrue. Thats the key difference. Delusion is tied into the beliefs of the majority. So many people believe in religious beliefs that may be total fantasy as they are impossible to prove or substantiate, but because so many people share these beliefs they are not considered delusions. People are considered delusional if they have experienced or believe in something thats absolutely true, if the vast majority of people believe it's not true.

@neversickanymore so do you think all people that hear voices are being harrassed by this technology even if they think they have schizophrenia or do you think some people are schizphrenic and some people are being harrassed by technology?

if it's some sort of technology, i'm gonna guess that aliens control it... i think it's possible too that a laser frequency or whatever it's called could get a person to start being schizophrenic. like they can train the brain to hear voices or the brain will start copying the frequencies outside of their head making them schizophrenic... i think it's very possible that i was brainwashed to have a certian type of schizophrenia as a kid. i know that's not what you are talking about. but that's what i think the voices probably are to me... maybe they were messing me and training me with a laser too if they actually have that technology. i can entertain that idea... but i feel like my mind talks to the voices outside my head too much for it not to be schizophrenia or some type of higher power that can read my mind talking to me. aliens could be reading my mind talking to me with lasers for all i know too. i wish i had the patience to read all the links neversickanymore posts too. i don't want to hate on his idea too much with out totally hearing him out... i just know what i feel is true for me.

Its not harassment its torture and it has nothing to do with schizophrenia. Your post is terrible. thats what the ignore function is for.. happy trails.

isn't schizophrenia when a person thinks they are being harrassed by this technology though?... i'd like to see if neversickanymore is diagnosed with schizophrenia or not. i'm not trying to be a dick. i'm just curious. seems kind of weird to be real to me despite all the scientific type written articles, i don't really understand what is making neversickanymore say that his experience is being tortured by technology and not just schizophrenia. i don't see how the poster won't even entertain the idea.

i guess this thread is for people that want to read about remote mind control technology though, so my schizophrenia experience is put on block. i guess i did write twice though in this thread. my b.

I think that criminals used the forced audio/ V2K and pretended to be God talking to the judge in an effort to get this human trafficker off. Thats why it is nicknamed the "Voice of God."

Personally I think delusional disorder and psychosis are similar, but there are some key differences. Psychosis is the inability to distinguish reality from fantasy/fiction. Delusion is the belief in at least one thing that isn't true or most people believe is untrue. Thats the key difference. Delusion is tied into the beliefs of the majority. So many people believe in religious beliefs that may be total fantasy as they are impossible to prove or substantiate, but because so many people share these beliefs they are not considered delusions. People are considered delusional if they have experienced or believe in something thats absolutely true, if the vast majority of people believe it's not true.

Delusional Disorder IS a psychotic disorder and seems most likely in cases of people thinking god is literally talking to them, but I mentioned it separately to just psychosis as while it's the most likely type in that type of situation, other psychotic disorders like schizophrenia and mania can cause the same thing.

isn't schizophrenia when a person thinks they are being harrassed by this technology though?... i'd like to see if neversickanymore is diagnosed with schizophrenia or not. i'm not trying to be a dick. i'm just curious. seems kind of weird to be real to me despite all the scientific type written articles, i don't really understand what is making neversickanymore say that his experience is being tortured by technology and not just schizophrenia. i don't see how the poster won't even entertain the idea.

i guess this thread is for people that want to read about remote mind control technology though, so my schizophrenia experience is put on block. i guess i did write twice though in this thread. my b.

Not all schizophrenia, but in the Paranoid Schizophrenia subtype, yes, it is one of the most common types of delusion.

I have Schizophrenia, too, but not the paranoid type....however, while I've never had those types of technology paranoia or government spying on me etc, while in psychotic episodes I did use to believe that my thoughts were being broadcast to those around me...not BY anybody or any technology, just that people could hear them...similar to a (very) short-wave radio, I'd think people within a certain distance (several feet) could make them out and that people very close to me could hear everything clearly. I'd get really distressed because because I thought people could hear them all, I'd try my best not to think anything but and then the most horrible thoughts would pop into my mind involuntarily that I didn't ACTUALLY think or mean,

From the last few posts it does appear that Schizophrenics are interested in and migrate towards mind control subjects. I got attacked at age 40. Well past the onset for schizophrenia and noise cancelling head gear block the audio. Not a thread to discuss or lend support for schizophrenia.

Break Them Down
Systematic Use of Psychological Torture
by US Forces

Physicians for Human Rights
Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) mobilizes health professionals to advance the health and dignity of all people through action that promotes respect for, protection of, and fulfillment of human rights.

Since 1986, PHR members have worked to stop torture, disappearances, and political killings by governments and opposition groups and to investigate and expose violations, including: deaths, injuries, and trauma inflicted on civilians during conflicts; suffering and deprivation, including denial of access to health care, caused by ethnic and racial discrimination; mental and physical anguish inflicted on women by abuse; exploitation of children in labor practices; loss of life or limb from landmines and other indiscriminate weapons; harsh methods of incarceration in prisons and detention centers; and poor health stemming from vast inequalities in societies.

As one of the original steering committee members of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, PHR shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize.
© 2005 Physicians for Human Rights. All rights reserved.
Printed in the United States of America.
ISBN: 1-879707-45-4
Cover Design: Visual Communications/Glenn Ruga www.vizcom.org

Physicians for Human Rights 2 Arrow Street, Suite 301 Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
T 617.301.4200
F 617.301.4250 [email protected] www.phrusa.org

Washington Office:
Physicians for Human Rights 1156 15th Street, NW, Suite 1001 Washington, DC 20005 USA
T 202.728.5335
F 202.728.3053​

CONTENTS
  1. Executive Summary
  2. Introduction 17
  3. The Use of Psychological Torture at US-Run Detention Facilities 21
    in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Guantánamo
  4. Health Consequences of Psychological Torture 48
  5. Justifying and Facilitating Psychological Torture 72
  6. Legal Prohibitions against the Use of Psychological Torture 101
    and Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment
  7. Conclusion 123
  8. Recommendations 124
1 Acknowledgements
This report was written by Gretchen Borchelt, JD, Jonathan Fine Fellow, Physicians for Human Rights (PHR). Christian Pross, MD, Center for the Treatment of Torture Victims, Berlin, Germany and Research Fellow, the Hamburg Foundation for the Advancement of Research and Culture, co-authored the section on the health consequences of psychological torture. PHR is grateful for the substantial and extensive research assistance over many months by David Gottfried and LaShawndra Pace. Leonard S. Rubenstein, JD, PHR’s Executive Director, provided overall guidance for the report.

Andrea Northwood, PhD, LP, Lead Clinician for Psychological Services, Rosa Garcia- Peltoniemi, PhD, LP, Director of Client Services, and Patricia Shannon, PhD, LP, Clinical Psychologist and Trainer with the Center for Victims of Torture, Minneapolis, MN, shared their experience and expertise in treating torture survivors. Along with Drs. Northwood, Peltoniemi, and Shannon, the following individuals reviewed the section on health consequences of psychological torture and made invaluable suggestions: Vincent Iacopino, MD, PhD, PHR’s Director of Research; Craig Haney, PhD, JD, Professor of Psychology, University of California, Santa Cruz; Michael A. Grodin, MD, Professor of Health Law, Bioethics, and Human Rights, Boston University School of Public Health; Professor of Socio-Medical Sciences, Community Medicine, and Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine; and Co-Director, Boston Center for Refugee Health and Human Rights; and Hernan Reyes, MD. In addition, PHR would like to thank Sepp Graessner, MD, of the Center for the Treatment of Torture Victims, Berlin, Germany, for his pioneering study on the history of research on solitary confinement and sensory deprivation.

PHR would like to thank M. Gregg Bloche, MD, JD, Professor of Law, Georgetown University, Adjunct Professor, Bloomberg School of Public Health and Jonathan H. Marks, MA, BCL, Barrister, Matrix Chambers, London, Greenwall Fellow in Bioethics, Georgetown University Law Center and Bloomberg School of Public Health for sharing their analysis of some of the documents released by the government pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act.

The following individuals reviewed the entire report: Mr. Rubenstein; Dr. Iacopino; Justice Richard J. Goldstone, Justice of the South African Constitutional Court, Retired; Frank Davidoff, MD, Vice President, PHR Board of Directors; Felton Earls, MD, Professor of Child Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Carola Eisenberg, MD, Lecturer on Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Barbara Ayotte, PHR Director of Communications, edited the report and prepared it for publication.

Support for this report was provided by the Carr Foundation and the Open Society Institute.

I. Executive Summary
This report is the first to comprehensively examine the use of psychological torture by US personnel in the so- called “war on terror.”1 It reviews the techniques used on detainees, what clinical experience and studies reveal about the long-lasting and extremely devastating health consequences of psychological torture, how a regime of psychological torture came about and was perpetuated, and what the current status of psychological torture is in US policy. Although the evidence is far from complete, what is known warrants the inference that psychological torture was central to the interrogation process and reinforced through conditions of confinement. Evidence exists of its continued use in 2004 and some practices likely remain in place to this day.
The use of psychological torture followed directly from decisions by the civilian leadership as well as high ranking military officers, including those in the Executive branch, and their support of decisions to “take the gloves off” in interrogations and “break” prisoners by employing techniques of psychological torture including sensory deprivation, isolation, sleep deprivation, forced nudity, the use of military working dogs to instill fear, cultural and sexual humiliation, mock executions, and the threat of violence or death toward detainees or their loved ones. These kinds of techniques have extremely devastating consequences for individuals subjected to them and can be just as harmful and are often more long-lasting than physical torture.
The infamous pictures from Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq indelibly brought home how severe forms of psychological coercion—detainees terrorized by snarling dogs and wires dangling from their wrists, subjected to severe sexual humiliation, and disoriented by hooding—are indeed forms of torture. Whattheimagesdonotshow,butwhatthisreportreveals,isthatpsychological torture, even if not as graphic as the images, was at the center of the treatment and interrogation of detainees in US custody in Afghanistan, Guantánamo and Iraq since 2002.

Since the Abu Ghraib scandal broke a year ago, the physical abuse of detainees through beatings, use of stress positions, deprivation of food, and infliction of severely cold and hot temperatures, has understandably gained the most attention, and the United States Army has itself labeled the deaths of 26 detainees as homicides. The evidence now available from witness accounts, documents released under the Freedom of Information Act, official investigations, leaked reports from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), media reports, and inquiries by Physicians for Human Rights, shows that physical forms of torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment served only to punctuate the pervasive use of psychological torture by US personnel against detainees.

The use of the psychologically abusive interrogation methods is immoral and is illegal under the Geneva Conventions and other sources of international law to which the United States is a party, civil domestic law and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. US courts, international treaty bodies, UN special rapporteurs on torture, and the US State Department have all identified these techniques as a form of torture or cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment. Indeed, when Congress enacted a law to implement the requirement of the Convention against Torture to criminalize torture, it defined precisely what it meant by the criminal act of mental or psychological torture. The US Congress defined the severe mental pain or suffering that
the “war on terror” is the term the US government has given its continued operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Guantánamo.

1 constitutes an element of the crime of torture as including threats of death or injury and the administration or application or threatened administration or application of “procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or the personality.”2 This definition encompasses exactly the procedures that were used.

Psychological torture also violates long-standing instructions for military interrogations. Army Field Manual 34-52, the Army’s guide on interrogations, currently being revised, allows psychological methods of interrogation, but draws a very sharp line at psychological coercion and efforts to break down detainees, which it considered both unlawful and ineffective:

[The] use of force, mental torture, threats, insults, or exposure to unpleasant or inhumane treatment of any kind is prohibited by law and is neither authorized nor condoned by the US Government. Experience dictates that the use of force is not necessary to gain the cooperation of sources for interrogation. Therefore, the use of force is a poor technique, as it yields unreliable results, may damage subsequent collection efforts, and can induce the source to say whatever he thinks the interrogator wants to hear.3

The Federal Bureau of Investigation agrees. After the Abu Ghraib scandal, it issued an electronic communication that said that FBI policy “has consistently provided that FBI personnel may not obtain statements during interrogations by the use of force, threats, physical abuse, threats of such abuse or severe physical conditions.”4 It reiterated, “It is the policy of the FBI that no interrogation of detainees, regardless of status, shall be conducted using methods which could be interpreted as inherently coercive, such as physical abuse or the threat of such abuse to the person being interrogated or to any third party, or imposing severe physical conditions.”5 This reiteration of policy came on the heels of a number of complaints from the FBI to the Department of Defense regarding their use of unacceptably aggressive interrogation tactics.

6 A Regime of Psychological Torture
Much of what took place in the closed facilities where detainees were kept and interrogated remains secret. In particular, the policies and practices of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) are almost completely shielded from public scrutiny. Yet there is sufficient evidence available now to show a consistent pattern of the use of psychological torture as a key element in the interrogation of detainees by US personnel. Various techniques were often applied in combination, in order to amplify and heighten their effect.

Continued on the download here

Full of correlation with the tactics used on victims of the forced audio/DE/MK interface.

Last edited: