• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Would meth work instead of citric acid to dissolve heroin for IV

pernikar

Bluelighter
I've been a daily meth user for 5 or 6 years now, with my main ROA being oral, but every few months or so I buy 2-3 syringes and IV couple of times. Now I'm down to my last syringe for this session and I'm thinking about mixing it up and shooting some H instead (normally I only snort it). However I don't have any citric acid powder to dissolve it, so I read some posts here on BL and found someone saying that anything acidic would do. This made me think, why waste my last IV on only H, when I can do both and potentially solve my citric acid problem.

I read some research paper where they were testing meth samples for pH and they ranged like 3.something to 5.something. Now if I read it right, anything with pH below 7 would be considered acidic right? So does that mean that I can just mix the H together with the meth and that would make it dissolve in the water? Or would I still need the citric acid? If it wouldn't work, can someone please explain why not or correct me if the pH/acidity stuff is wrong.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Maybe if there was excess hcl trapped in the meth crystal.

I think ph and pka are two separate things when it comes to acids for protonating a basic molecule.

But I could be wrong.