• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would like to know if a combination mistake has been made please

LowCard

Greenlighter
Morning
8AM- 35mg hydrocodone
1PM- .5mg klonopin & 100mg tramadol & 25mg hydroxyzine

Evening
9pm- 25mg hydrocodone (lots of grapefruit juice trying to potentiate hydrocodone)
10pm- 50mg hydroxyzine
12am- 1 tsp Delsym (DXM trying to potentiate hydrocodone)

I have high tolerance to most everything here (I need closer to 50mg hydrocodone to get high), but the DXM was a wildcard... second guessing that decision. Sound OK or should I get my affairs in order? If this belongs under some other category please excuse me.

One tsp of Delsym is not enough to be a mistake; given Delsym's extended-release makeup, that's likely even too low a dose to cause noticeable potentiation. Your mistake is when you dosed the DXM; you'll always want to dose DXM for opiate/opioid potentiation before the opiate/opioid. Plus, given Delsym's ER makeup, you'd likely want to dose that one two hours before; it takes a LONG time to feel anything from Delsym (and yes, I'm aware the OP isn't searching for psychoactive effects from the DXM). Dosing DXM after opiate-substance doesn't do much of anything to enhance the experience.

As far as I can see, there's nothing terribly wrong with what you've done here. Be careful in the future with combinations involving Dextromethorphan. It's a drug that has a lot of negative interactions with other drugs ranging from the unpleasant to the deadly.

DXM doesn't combine well with a lot of things, but a very very slight amount (15 mg - 75 mg, with the upper range only recommended for those familiar with the effects) can be taken with opiates/opioids safely, and can be used to reduce the amount of opiate/opioid taken per dose. If done right, the combination can be very enjoyable.

However, there is a considerably narrow safety margin in overshooting dosage. Too much of one or the other can lead to unpleasant effects: deep headaches that grow in intensity until it makes you puke until you're empty and dry-heaving and puking some more because the headaches are so awful. Tread very lightly if you combine these two.

Is the hydrocodone as vicotin if your taking hydrocodone/apap in 5 or 7.5 mg strengths your risking serious liver injury

I didn't die. Yay!

And we are all ecstatic over the fact LowCard. In the future, just nix the Dextromethorphan and you won't have to worry about anything. The way I see it, you're undergoing some relatively harmless experimentation with drugs. You're being fairly responsible with dosing, asking questions and respecting answers. A true Harm Reduction disciple if you ask me!