• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Would Delsym Be A Good Option To Trip On?

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
OK so I'll first start with saying that I have a very fair amount of experience with tripping on DXM OTC cough medication. I'VE in total done it about around 15-25 times so far and it's one of my favorite drugs and I love it. I've used (from what all I can recall) Robitussin Max Strength cough syrup, Mucinex cough syrup (don't remember the exact kind but I think it was labeled DM), Mucinex cough tablets which we're 60 mg a pill, Robitussin cough gels which we're around 10-20 mg each and that triple C shit (I understand how dangerous that shit is I don't do it anymore). But I've so far never used Delsym of any kind to trip. And me and a friend of mine are planning a DXM trip here real soon and I've searusly been considering using Delsym for myself on this particular trip. I know that Delsym has some kind of extended release in it, and I was wondering how exactly it would effect somebody's trip? I understand that because of this it kicks in slower and in return lasts longer, but is there anything else that separates a delsym trip from the rest? And is this time release thing in both the cough syrup AND the delsym pulls? And lastly would the Delsym cough SYRUP or the Delsym PILLS be best for this? Thank you!

I don't think we can tell you what to take. But I can suggest that Delsym is a good source of DXM. Although Delsym contains DXM Polistrex rather than HBr, which is a time released version. This means you will need to take more to get the same effects, but you will also trip longer.
The amount you trip is also dependent on your bodies ability to convert DXM into DXO. As far as I know, DXO is what gives you the dissociative-trippy feeling. It could be the other way around but with that being said, the longer your body needs to metabolize the DXM, the less you will trip overall, even at high doses. This is why plateauing and staggered doses of DXM provide very different effects.
Delsym is my favorite in my opinion. Pour a bottle of it in a 2 liter full of water, shake, and let set for an hour, and there will be orange powder at the bottom. This is pure DXM Polisitrex and once the water is drained, can be consumed without the need to swallow all that nasty syrup. Enjoy.
One big bottle of Delsym is equivalent to about 900mg of DXM HBr I believe.

You would be much better off getting a cough syrup containing DXM Hydrobromide, it is instant release so it will kick in much faster compared to the Delsym. Both times that I tried Delsym, a bottle with 888mg, I didn't feel anything, due to it's extended release effects. But it isn't uncommon to have a nice experience on Delsym, I'm just giving you my personal input.

Go with the DXM HBr for a fast acting trip that doesn't last ridiculously long and provides strong effects.

Go with Delsym if you just want to kick back for the day and relax without being too out of it.